Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Googling "Anna Maciejewska, Garfield NJ" shows that her middle name (or birth surname) is Chmiel, not Bronislawa; that she is in her mid-thirties, not mid-forties, and has several relatives in the area named Maciejewska; that there is an elderly woman named Anna Chmiel also living in the area whom I posit may be her mother; and that she formerly (2018) taught yoga in the Garfield area. Without researching in further detail (per TOS) I suspect this is an entirely different AM.

Last edited:
I am local to this case and have been catching up on Anna's threads the past few days. I've become completely absorbed... so much just doesn't add up. I was really curious about the neighbor's statement that a blue tarp went missing around the same time Anna did. I decided to check out Google Earth. I know these have been shared in the previous thread, but something else stuck out to me:
5-24-2016
2-8-2019
Looks like the neighbors had a pool and clubhouse built between the dates of these images. I did some digging and the project was either completed in 2018, or began in 2018, but I am having trouble verifying which. Is it possible that area was under construction at the time of Anna's disappearance? Could she have been hidden there? It's pretty close to the neighbor's, so probably not likely... would be very risky... I just haven't been able to stop thinking about this. Found it to be a strange coincidence.

You haven't been forgotten Anna!

Very interesting that you’re focusing on the blue tarp comment. Obviously Anna had to be disposed of / hidden and one would think you would need to wrap her body prior to moving it and putting it somewhere. I have mentioned before that her husband is not a big guy so moving her body would have required much effort as well as thought as to the best place to put / hide it. Remember, it was nearly ten days before her employer and others actually realized she was missing, so there was a lot of time to cover tracks.

Sorry, I think the link deleted from my post when I added the map!

There was not a lot of detail other than the remains were located by hunters near the old Occidental Chemical plant on Armand Hammer Blvd in Lower Pottsgrove Twp.
Just found this, so apparently the bones were found a week ago on January 16.

INCIDENT: Death Investigation

I don't think the location of the pin on the Location map from this link is precise. It's in a largely commercial stretch. The wooded area where hunters might conceivably be out and about is further south on Armand Hammer Blvd, as is the Occidental site (and, for that matter, the river).

This only about a mile from my brother's place. :(

The article says between Armand Hammer Blvd. and the river, so that pin is just the general vicinity. There was no exact address given in the law enforcement press release or the article.

Anna Maciejewska vanished on the morning of April 10, 2017, after leaving her family’s home outside Malvern, Pennsylvania. The hazy details surrounding the 43-year-old mother’s disappearance have shaken her family and friends. Anna’s husband, who was the last person to see her that day, reportedly told authorities she left for work “in a panic” that morning and then failed to return home that evening. Anna last talked to other members of her family on March 30, 2017, when she abruptly canceled their annual trip to Poland. Authorities confirm this case remains open and active. Anna was driving her 2011 navy blue Audi A4 with the Pennsylvania license plate HTF 2919 at the time of her disappearance. If you have any information regarding Anna’s case, please call the Pennsylvania State Police Embreeville Barracks at (610) 486-6280.
upload_2021-2-11_11-54-12.png
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

The article says between Armand Hammer Blvd. and the river, so that pin is just the general vicinity. There was no exact address given in the law enforcement press release or the article.
Has there been any update on this? Looks like it’s still being investigated according to the links above. Does anyone know how long identification can take? Days? Weeks? Months?

Has there been any update on this? Looks like it’s still being investigated according to the links above. Does anyone know how long identification can take? Days? Weeks? Months?

I haven’t seen anything else about it. Identification can take a while depending on the condition the body was found in and what was found with it. DNA testing can take months.

Another thing I was just wondering about... does anyone know if cadaver dogs were used during the searches of the homes and/or cars?

Interesting about the bones found...I hope more info is made available. This is going to sound so weird, but I have never been able to shake the feeling that she will be found in Pottstown, Pottsgrove, Spring City....The reason for that is shortly after her disappearance, I was walking on the Schuylkill River Trail in the Parker Ford area and passed a man, young boy, and woman (the young boy was about her son's age, the man was not large, and the woman was not Anna). Something felt "off" about them (like they looked sad or scared or something)--maybe because her disappearance was on my mind (she had not yet been found). Anyway...because of that, I have just always felt that she is somewhere along/in/around the Schuylkill River. Even if these bones are not hers, I think I'll still always feel that way. JMO!!

It’s almost four years since Anna went missing. It’s hard to believe that she hasn’t been found or there have been no substantial updates from LE. I know sometimes these kinds of cases take time. For her family and friend’s sake, I hope the truth of what really happened to her comes to light.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back