Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right Trackergd.
It is easy to look at the obvious here without the full picture but there is probably a lot we don't know.

I would wager a modest sum that PSP knows a lot more than we do. In the Holly Grim case, they had the suspect id'd before we had done the first search operation (Allentown area). They had to keep the information under wraps until they had probable cause to execute a search warrant on the property. PSP and other LE agencies know full well that the actors and their associates keep an eye on all types of media to monitor how close the investigation is getting to them.

6abc Rocks for Keeping Anna's story in the news. Anna's Brother-in-Law has come to the US in search of answers for Anna's mother in Poland.

http://6abc.com/news/family-member-of-missing-woman-arrives-from-poland/2024060/

Suicide is highly unlikely in this case. A mother leaving a 4 yr old child is highly unlikely, especially when her family and friends said she would never leave her son. On the other hand, I think they should investigate the husband further. He showed no interest on any media and has not been heard from . The fact the her car was found a month later after her disappearance, is very suspicious. Who would have access to her vehicle other than her? I think will need more than a lawyer in the near future. I smell something fishy with him and it's getting obvious.

I have have seen spouses with a wide variety of outward expression of grief an/or concern. From very vocal, visibly active and on TV, to no public exposure at all. I would not consider it a factor until such time (if ever), LE names him a suspect or POI. It skates too close to violating our forum rules for my taste.

This is not rhetorical but a sincere question...can you give me an example of a case where a spouse/partner who was proven later to not be involved didn't participate in searches or a media campaign?

I hope you'll trust that I'm not doubting you, I'm wanting to learn.

Suicide is highly unlikely in this case. A mother leaving a 4 yr old child is highly unlikely, especially when her family and friends said she would never leave her son. On the other hand, I think they should investigate the husband further. He showed no interest on any media and has not been heard from . The fact the her car was found a month later after her disappearance, is very suspicious. Who would have access to her vehicle other than her? I think will need more than a lawyer in the near future. I smell something fishy with him and it's getting obvious.

Jennifer Huston's family said THE EXACT SAME THING.

Just sayin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have have seen spouses with a wide variety of outward expression of grief an/or concern. From very vocal, visibly active and on TV, to no public exposure at all. I would not consider it a factor until such time (if ever), LE names him a suspect or POI. It skates too close to violating our forum rules for my taste.

I can't find any reasonable explanation for him to fail to report her missing ASAP. That is the most suspicious behavior, IMHO.

Jennifer Huston's family said THE EXACT SAME THING.

Just sayin'.

Jennifer also left a note in her car, yes? I tend to think if she would commit suicide, she'd make it clear, or maybe his is just what I'd hope.

That being said, I was listening to True Crime Garage this weekend, and one of them was saying something they'd read or heard along the lines of "the best investigators follow clues not speculation." I thought about this a lot since I tend to make assumptions based on gut. The frustrating thing in this case is that there are so many unknowns, so we are stringing together ideas based on very little information. The investigators said they aren't ruling out suicide, and even though my "gut" and instinct say this doesn't seem like it, I guess it could still be a possibility. I'd like to know when the car was parked in the lot and what was found inside.

I can't find any reasonable explanation for him to fail to report her missing ASAP. That is the most suspicious behavior, IMHO.

And let me just say if my spouse were missing and his family were to come from another country to help search, I would be more than willing to meet with them, whether the situation be a suspected suicide or anything else.

I have nothing but praise and admiration for Anna's friends, who are working so hard to get her name out there and keep media awareness growing in hopes of finding her.
http://6abc.com/news/family-member-of-missing-woman-arrives-from-poland/2024060/

Nor can I, however he has not been named a suspect or Person Of Interest, so he is off limits for sleuthing according to our website rules.

This is not rhetorical but a sincere question...can you give me an example of a case where a spouse/partner who was proven later to not be involved didn't participate in searches or a media campaign?

I hope you'll trust that I'm not doubting you, I'm wanting to learn.

In the Holly Grim case, the mother was occasionally on TV, however Holly's partner had very limited interaction with the media, and I cannot remember him being on any of the searches. He was not involved in here going missing at all. Another would be the partner of the missing Centre County PA District Attorney who (and I would need to double check) I cannot remember being much or at all in the media and not involved in any searches. The other end of the spectrum is Kortne Stouffers parents who go to great lengths to keep her case in front of the public. Richrd (a regular and valuable resource here at WS) could probably give you a long list of missing people here in PA alone (that I have looked at or done some review on) where the only media coverage is the Police website post and a short news clip with no parental or family pleas or other involvement.

Back in 1975, a 22 year old woman named Sylvia Lwowski disappeared while out on a date with her fiance; he came home without her, telling her family that she got angry, bolted from the car and took off...when her parents went to the police to report her as missing, the officer taking the report asked about her state of mind, and wrote "depressed" when they answered, and then never really looked for her, especially when the fiance got a lawyer and wouldn't talk to the police, or any of her family and friends. They never found her, and the police concluded that she was a "runaway" or a suicide. For some unknown reason, her family never sought any publicity, and that really complicated things years later when her brother tried to find her. I'm glad that Anna has so many friends who love her, and are looking for her-and will keep her case current. I really think she will be found, with so many people looking for her and keeping the pressure up on LE. Good luck to her family and friends, and may you find her soon.

I would think some one who is too eager to search too eager to help too eager to get involved would be as much a flag as someone who did not want to participate. I think not reporting her missing is far more interesting than not participating.

Also remember that LE is under no obligation to tell the truth. Their obligation is to find the truth and execute a game plan to find the truth. And they have no obligation to share that game plan with us and most likely won't.

I remember a serial abduction Case in se MI where the MI st police keep calling the perpatraitor a squirrel. Some how a profiler figured out if they called the person a squirrel they would strike next on squirrel road. And they did catch him on squirrel road. Point is manipulating the press and other media outlets is all part of a larger strategy.

Given the length of time and the international nature of the case they would have enough grounds to call in FBI resources along with EU resources.

Just because it is not front page above the fold does not mean things are not moving forward.

First time posting here. I looked on a map and am local to the area but further north. The body of water is it a pond? Also does the river/creek run through there if so which one?

The pond that is east of 401 it's not really accessable from 401 it has become very overgrown. I drove by and looked last weekend and you can no longer see the pond from 401. So what scenario would take her from her car to the pond over hedge rows and into that pond. That has to be over a 1/2 mile through one of the most densely populated areas of Charlestown township. 401 is one of the most traveled roads in the township. It just seems that if you were trying to hide something that would not be the place to do it. Parking the car in one of the closed industrial buildings off of old pheonixville pike or in a field off of flat road. The township is very rural, so is West Vincent lots of places to hide something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1