PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From our pov there are 2 years missing, ie jc. Who did he hang out with, which electives did he take, any clubs?
And still to be explained, how/ why the family seemed to anticipate trouble...ie missing assault rifle.
Yes! I think all I’ve seen are comments from former high school students, but if any college students or teachers have spoken out, I’ve missed that input. Also curious what his parents have said about behavior in general, and behavior in the past few months, weeks and days. Did anyone see him leave the house? Did he say anything unusual? Did he often borrow that same rifle to go to the gun range?

ETA: Didn’t one or more of the parents of the Columbine shooters say they never entered their kid’s bedroom?

From our pov there are 2 years missing, ie jc. Who did he hang out with, which electives did he take, any clubs?
And still to be explained, how/ why the family seemed to anticipate trouble...ie missing assault rifle. Why did they check to see if it was there?

That is an excellent point, that I thought was really strange too. If my son was out on a Sunday afternoon with his gun, and there was a random shooter, assassination. I would never, in a million years, think that it was my son.

I keep wondering if it was really an assassination attempt. Rather, was the purpose to pepper the audience and the ear shot was just what happened when he was interrupted by the police officer looking over the edge. A mass shooting as opposed to a specific shooting.
Circumstances described, including the presence of bombs in his vehicle and his "suspicious" behavior outside the gate, plus the reckless (to the point of suicidal) attack with the gun suggest to me that - although he clearly visited the site to learn the lay of the land - he was intent on creating maximum chaos regardless who he killed.

I keep coming back to the influences in his childhood.

I cant find the link now, but it is reported that he played two well known 'first shooter' video games.

I truly do think these violent first shooter video games can influence behavior.

JMO

shooting experts I have a question : what is the firing range of the gun used, was he considered close meaning he could have gone further? of course I imagine the better the shot you are the further you could go. How far would an excellent marksman be able to go ?
Oh he could have shot from a much further distance. When I was in the Marines, we qualified from 200, 300, and 500 yards. The range he used had a maximum distance of 200 yards, which is the distance I imagine he practiced at. His rifle was almost certainly equipped with an optic (scope), which helps the amateur shooter a great deal. An excellent marksman would have no problem with accuracy from 500 yards.

TC shot at Trump from about 160 yards, which is about 3/4 the distance he was likely used to shooting from. He was laying down in the prone position, which is the best position for accuracy.

We'll never know if this guy was just a bad shot, or if the cop forced him to rush. Even so, Trump would likely be dead had he not turned his head.

We have to look at his geographical area to understand whether this is common or an outlier behavior. There is also such thing as “collection”. Guns are collectibles, too.

What really concerns me is that his parents were obviously unaware of their son’s depression. If reports about bullying are true (in such situations, with diverging opinions, I would assume “in the middle” position), then in the father’s shoes, I would think of the danger such an arsenal would present to his own children. If the father gave own gun to his son in the morning and in a few hours, the shooting happened, what it means is that the whole family was totally oblivious to what their child was going through.
I see a bit of Adam Lanza in this situation.

Shooting sports are sometimes seen as a means of dealing with social awkwardness or problem behaviors.

Some parents who have a kid with "at risk" behavior (don't see that here, but no one knows what goes on privately) see shooting sports as a "structured activity" that "keep kids out of trouble" etc.

Other times, kids might retreat into shooting sports and the parents shrug their shoulders because they aren't doing anything wrong, but wish their kid were involved in more social activities, but there isn't much they can do.

Oh he could have shot from a much further distance. When I was in the Marines, we qualified from 200, 300, and 500 yards. The range he used had a maximum distance of 200 yards, which is the distance I imagine he practiced at. His rifle was almost certainly equipped with an optic (scope), which helps the amateur shooter a great deal. An excellent marksman would have no problem with accuracy from 500 yards.

TC shot at Trump from about 160 yards, which is about 3/4 the distance he was likely used to shooting from. He was laying down in the prone position, which is the best position for accuracy.

We'll never know if this guy was just a bad shot, or if the cop forced him to rush. Even so, Trump would likely be dead had he not turned his head.
Thank you, helpful info. So he was about 1/10 of a mile away from his target, and a expert shooter could be a 1/4 mile.

43m ago

Biden says 'time to outlaw' AR-15 rifle used in Trump assassination attempt
Joe Biden is commenting at length about the toll gun violence takes on American communities, and singled out the impact of assault weapons such as the AR-15.

“An AR-15 was used in the shooting of Donald Trump. This was the assault weapon that killed so many others, including children. It’s time to outlaw them,” Biden said.

Not sure what banning the semi automatic AR-15 would do to prevent this. There are some bolt action rifles that are more accurate and powerful, which can be converted to semi-automatic if rapid fire is needed.

I think the problem of the AR-15 is that it feeds the fantasies of the shooter, that he's on a military mission or a spy mission, or something exciting and adventurous - not just hunting varmints lurking around the henhouse at Dad's request.

Hi neighbor…I know you’re just spitballing around your theory about Crooks identifying with Oswald, and somewhere you also wrote that you see somewhat of a physical resemblance between them.

I have to admit I don’t see it at all. I don’t see any physical resemblance, but beyond that I believe that at present, they don’t seem motivated by the same ideology.

Unless and until we learn more about Crooks’ motive, I agree that as yet we don’t know about any potential political issue he had with Trump in particular.

The opposite is true about Oswald. I think we are all familiar with his history, in that he was a fervent Communist at the height of America’s Cold War with the Soviet Union. He defected to the Soviet Union and gave up his American citizenship for awhile, and of course married a Soviet citizen.

When he and Marina did come back to America, Oswald tried relentlessly to get a visa to go to Cuba but he was rejected.

Therefore, JFK represented to Oswald an enemy of Communism and ergo a “justified” political target for assassination. Oswald’s Communist beliefs were not hidden and though he lived in a world without the Internet and cable TV, he blasted his beliefs everywhere he could.

Perhaps we will discover in time that TC had very strong opinions that led him to believe he had to dispose of Trump, but as of yet I don’t see anything that ties TC and Oswald together.

Just my opinion, too! Respect for yours.
You are right.

I don't see anything like this. Oswald had quite a history.

So far, I don't see any strong opinions of TC that would lead to this.

A $15 donation in response to an email, (followed by "unsubscribe" after donating) and a voter registration just don't cut for me!

And she's supposed to be the best of the best.
She clearly is not familiar with the setup. The secret service was on a sloped roof across from this.
I never heard of securing a perimeter from inside of a building.
Insane just absolutely insane.
Moo
I totally agree!! Very interested to read additional analysis from security professionals.

Why would usss run that thru MSM? That would just give ideas to would-be shooters.

Well, they're reporting the info anyway... might as well go ahead and tell more. And, this is AFTER the US Secret Service upped their game, right? At least name the source. The would-be shooters now know protection was pretty lousy for certain. A 20-year old unknown white male with no-known backers out-smarted the US SS Coordinators pretty dang easy.

jmo

Last edited:
43 min ago
Police fatally shoot man near Republican National Convention venue, WISN reports

Police fatally shot a man Tuesday about a mile away from the main Republican National Convention venue in Milwaukee, CNN affiliate WISN reported.

Witnesses told the station that two men were fighting in a local park when one of them pulled a knife out. Witnesses said the men were startled when officers responded and the man with the knife was shot by multiple officers, WISN reported, noting those details had not been confirmed by police.

The officers involved were from the Columbus, Ohio Division of Police, according to a statement from the Fraternal Order of Police posted on social media.

“No officers have been injured however the condition of the suspect is currently unknown,” the statement read.

The Ohio agency is among several police departments from multiple cities and jurisdictions in Milwaukee to help secure the RNC site, the statement continued.

The Milwaukee Police Department is expected to provide additional information “as soon as it is available,” authorities said in a social media post.

This does not appear to be connected to the convention. Moo

I apologize if this is repetitive I did not see it. I am trying to get a feel of the locations, I concede that I would expect a SS sniper to be behind the roof line where the shooter was, I am not LE and do not know what goes into decision making but too many movies have made me feel that there are multiple LE snipers at events, guess I am learning the truth. and omg only 410 feet :( Maps show location of Trump, gunman, law enforcement snipers at Pennsylvania rally shooting
1721171462448.png

From above link:
"Secret Service officials have warned the Trump campaign repeatedly against holding outdoor rallies, which pose greater risks than events to which the agency can better control access, people briefed on the matter said. The warnings have been more general in nature, the sources said."
Non-American here. Is Trump more keen on outdoor rallies than other politicians?

Yes! I think all I’ve seen are comments from former high school students, but if any college students or teachers have spoken out, I’ve missed that input. Also curious what his parents have said about behavior in general, and behavior in the past few months, weeks and days. Did anyone see him leave the house? Did he say anything unusual? Did he often borrow that same rifle to go to the gun range?

ETA: Didn’t one or more of the parents of the Columbine shooters say they never entered their kid’s bedroom?

Yes. The mother of Dylan K was very mindful of his privacy. I don’t remember if it was the bedroom or the basement, though.

She wrote a good book. But, she probably had own issues and missed a lot during DK formative years. That morning, he woke up early and left saying “bye, mom”.

I apologize if this is repetitive I did not see it. I am trying to get a feel of the locations, I concede that I would expect a SS sniper to be behind the roof line where the shooter was, I am not LE and do not know what goes into decision making but too many movies have made me feel that there are multiple LE snipers at events, guess I am learning the truth. and omg only 410 feet :( Maps show location of Trump, gunman, law enforcement snipers at Pennsylvania rally shooting
View attachment 518388
even so though, you have your snipers continually scanning their field of site, it could be hard to catch something .... I am surprised that it is really a small area.

I totally agree!! Very interested to read additional analysis from security professionals.
I'm astounded, she believed a police department with 12 full time officers could secure this outside perimeter.

Add to the fact her statement the sloping roof being too dangerous, but the other sloping roof okay. Today, I saw the FBI walking all over this roof.

I don't think she knows basic facts.Why isn't she in the trenches individually interviewing her staff involved? Has she been to the site?Has she personally met the Sheriff?
Sounds to me like she's spouting a lot of second hand, third hand information.

AND, we find out today Trump was and is a target by Iran. She sends in a third string group.

She needs to go and quickly.

Moo...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61