PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am interested in how the police identified Crooks, so quickly, using "DNA and facial recognition".

What DNA source? Obviously, from Crooks, but how was his DNA identified so quickly? Matched against what database? And what facial recognition software?

These are really the questions we should be asking....

Dna biometrics according to this.

Law enforcement officials said that they were using the shooter’s DNA for biometric confirmation as he was carrying no identification at the time of the attack.

WS 101: Screenshot before it goes poof. Old school.

—-

ETA:

Wait are you guys say8ng it was scrubbed befooore his name was released? I remember NYPost released his identity, before authorities did, right before the 1st PC. LE said they were not going to release it (yet) but by then it was already leaked widely.
Apologies as I haven’t been able to read everything.
Not scrubbed, it appears to not have existed in the first place. The FBI said during an earlier statement that they hadn’t found anything to that effect.

So he didn’t have social media, or he deleted his social media beforehand.

I guess no red flags were raised when a young white guy buys 50 rounds of ammo for his AR 15 style rifle hours before a former president and current Republican forerunner comes to town for a rally days before the Republican National Convention.
actually I don't think anything is in place to arouse suspicion. And that is not really a large amount only about $40 worth, I think. now the explosives would be another thing...

Not scrubbed, it appears to not have existed in the first place. The FBI said during an earlier statement that they hadn’t found anything to that effect.

Thanks, I had added ETA2, took me a minute, sorry head is spinning all over the place.

Thank you for clarifying this.

1 hr 22 min ago

Pennsylvania State Police says it delivered all resources that Secret Service requested at Trump rally

From CNN's Danny Freeman

The Pennsylvania State Police has reaffirmed in a statement to CNN that it “delivered all resources that the United States Secret Service (USSS) requested,” in the wake of scrutiny about who had jurisdiction over the building where the shooter at the Trump rally took hold before opening fire.

In a statement, State Police Communications Office Director Lt. Adam Reed told CNN that the “PSP provided 40 troopers to assist with securing the inside perimeter. PSP routinely aids our federal partners during large events in Pennsylvania such as the Trump rally in Butler, and will always provide any and all resources needed to ensure Pennsylvanians’ safety.”

He also cited answers from Lt. Col. George Bivens on Saturday in a transcript provided by the department:

“We had physically on site there probably 30 to 40 members of PSP, but we also have additional resources in the area. We utilize aviation, for example, and a variety of other resources, talks to suite beforehand that really aren’t counted. In that, again, the number is driven by what the request is the Secret Service, just in their defense,” Bivens said that night.

“What I would want to say is, it is incredibly difficult to have a venue open to the public and to secure that against any possible threat against a very determined attacker,” Bivens said Saturday.

Typical DM promoting their own headline and trademarked photos while failing to indicate the date of their photo was Sunday-- post shooting.

The finger pointing is alive and well between SS Spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi, Butler County District Attorney Richard Goldinger, and Sheriff Slupe who provided his officer was hoisted by another officer to the roof of a building where the shooter had taken a position-- and the building was outside the perimeter.

Links below are worth a read for the full details. Bottom line -- protection of Trump was the responsibility of SS.

Rooftop where gunman shot at Trump was identified as a security vulnerability before rally: sources

1 hr 57 min ago

Senate Homeland Security Chair says committee opening bipartisan investigation into attempted assassination

From CNN's Morgan Rimmer

“We’re going to be doing an investigation, a bipartisan investigation from the Committee on Homeland Security to look at the events that occurred and determine whether or not there were security breaches that we need to close,” said Peter. “We’ll try to expedite it. So right now, we’re asking for detailed briefings for committee members. So we would also likely have a hearing and we will try to expedite that as well.”

He added they will use their investigation into the security failures on January 6, 2021, as a “template” for this new effort. “If you recall, we did a comprehensive assessment of security after January 6. In that investigation, we had a number of recommendations and a significant number of those recommendations have now been incorporated into the security practices here at the Capitol,” said the Michigan Democrat.

Peters said that he “spoke at length” with Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas yesterday, and that he is being briefed “momentarily” by the FBI. He has not spoken with Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle yet and said that they have not set up a briefing for the full Homeland Security committee at this time - though they “anticipate that will happen soon.”

Man, I can’t even keep up with my own comments, lol.

So, I repeat then, maybe he was on 4Chan, dark web, and/or other hellish depths of the cyber universe, and as @Ontario Mom mentioned, it has been speculated he was radicalized somehow.

Last edited:
"[MSNBC] spokesperson's account appears to deny a CNN report, which cited an anonymous source, that the show was pulled for concerns about a guest making an inappropriate comment in wake of the assassination attempt."

I'm just speculating based on Carol Leonnig's book about the Secret Service. They can't make their protectee's decisions. They can just advise, and do their best in the venue selected. They can say they advise against a security risk, but they can't expect compliance with their advice or abandon their protectee if they disagree.

MOO
I agree they can't make decisions for the protectee, however, the secret service is required by federal law to protect former presidents and their spouse. There is no first, second third level of service there's no delegation of services to another agency. And they can and do work with other agencies including local law enforcement.

The law states the secret service is responsible for the protection if former presidents.

Bottom line they failed. They can blame local LE, but it is their job.
Moo
ETA add link

2 hr 17 min ago

1,700 US troops assisting with Republican National Convention

From CNN's Haley Britzky

There will be roughly 1,700 US service members — a majority from the National Guard, as well as a small active-duty component — assisting with the Republican National Convention this week, Deputy Pentagon Press Secretary Sabrina Singh said Monday.

“[T]hese personnel are comprised mainly from the Wisconsin, Minnesota, and North Dakota National Guard, and will be providing capabilities such as civil support, [explosive ordnance disposal], and security, and remain postured to respond to other emergent domestic requirements to protect life, property, and to maintain peace, order, and public safety,” she said.

Singh said the service members will be supporting the FBI, Secret Service, and Milwaukee Metro Police Department “for 24/7 operations,” and that their involvement was pre-planned and is not a result of the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump over the weekend.

As of Monday, there had not been any requests for additional support from the National Guard, Singh said.

Senate Homeland Security Chair Gary Peters told reporters that the committee is opening a bipartisan investigation into the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump, and they hope to “expedite” the process and hold hearings before the Senate leaves for August recess.

1 hr 57 min ago

Senate Homeland Security Chair says committee opening bipartisan investigation into attempted assassination

From CNN's Morgan Rimmer

“We’re going to be doing an investigation, a bipartisan investigation from the Committee on Homeland Security to look at the events that occurred and determine whether or not there were security breaches that we need to close,” said Peter. “We’ll try to expedite it. So right now, we’re asking for detailed briefings for committee members. So we would also likely have a hearing and we will try to expedite that as well.”

He added they will use their investigation into the security failures on January 6, 2021, as a “template” for this new effort. “If you recall, we did a comprehensive assessment of security after January 6. In that investigation, we had a number of recommendations and a significant number of those recommendations have now been incorporated into the security practices here at the Capitol,” said the Michigan Democrat.

Peters said that he “spoke at length” with Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas yesterday, and that he is being briefed “momentarily” by the FBI. He has not spoken with Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle yet and said that they have not set up a briefing for the full Homeland Security committee at this time - though they “anticipate that will happen soon.”

cough, no comment.

Ok, so there is still a functioning entity called DHS?

1 hr 51 min ago

Could a drone have helped at the Trump rally?

From CNN's Chris Isidore

[…]

Experts in the field say that drones are becoming a common tool by law enforcement, even when not doing threat assessment. They can be used for things as simple as traffic control at large scale events, or to help emergency personnel reach people who are having standard medical problems.

Aerial surveillance is much easier with the advances in drones, said Matt Sloane, CEO of a drone firm Skyfire. His company has trained law enforcement agencies from large to small, including the Secret Service, in the use of drones, as well as provided the service itself.

[…]

“I’m not accusing Secret Service or any agency of doing something wrong,” he said about the lack of drones at the rally Saturday. “This is newer technology, and the Secret Service has been doing things a certain way successfully for a long time. But there are things out there that can help and are worth considering.”

The Secret Service has thus far declined to answer questions about the lack of drone surveillance and its other decisions on the protection provided at Saturday’s rally.

The main burden of fault is, imo, a huge security breach that should not have happened.
My opinion is that the ball was dropped, but prob. not intentionally ?
Omo.
snipped

I agree the security coordination seems to be at fault, but I would say the main burden of fault is a young man who brought a gun to the place and used it.

jmo

snipped

I agree the security coordination seems to be at fault, but I would say the main burden of fault is a young man who brought a gun to the place and used it.

jmo
Of course. But the issue is that there are countless others just like him.

So it’s paramount that failures be recognized and addressed, so this doesn’t happen again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back