PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Red emphasis mine.
Thanks for linking this !

Going to ask this hypothetical question; aimed at the local and state police, and the secret service :
Did the perp have a rifle in his hands or possibly disassembled and concealed under his shirt ( Prob. not-- too difficult to hide, imo ) ?
If not -- did TC hide it in a tree besides the large building from which he fired ?
And if so -- why didn't they find it earlier, when doing their security sweep ?
Just so many missed opportunities.
Omo.
I too want to know if he brought it there unassembled I would think if he was walking around carrying it, there would have been someone taking issue, but maybe not. I am curious as it how it was brought in. I know people have "said" they saw him walking around with it, did they tell authorities at that time? I would like to see an image just to wrap my head around it. I will tell you though in the last few years I have seen more and more people taking their weapons out for a walk in the open.... just my thoughts.

I don't like Trump at all, but this is totally unacceptable. We need to have both candidates safe for a fair election.

It's a minor miracle that the gunman was flushed out and had to rush his shots... we all know the outcome could eaily have been much worse.

So sad for the families of the other victims. Unthinkable.

I am very glad that the shooter missed Mr. Trump. I am very sorry for the victims who, as I understand, were laymen staying close. Sorry for every participant in the rally, they are probably shocked and have PTSD. I am also sorry for the young man's parents and his town.

My usual question is about prevention: isn't it the time to start using bullet-proof glass at rallies?

Maybe drone reconnaissance of the areas, too?

Any other ways to increase public safety?

RSBM.

So true. Heck, all they needed to do was watch some Gerard Butler movies and they would have been better prepared.

Given that so many bystanders knew and pointed out that there was an issue, it was an epic fail on security's part.

Imo.
It seems to me that it's the duty of SS to ensure that they see the shooter long before anyone else does so... yes, epic fail.

jmo

At 1:53 in this video you can see a door and then just how short that roof is over the door. It appears there is a box or something near that door that I wonder if the shooter could have climbed on and then got up on the shorter building/area just below where we see him in the video and then he could climb up to the area he was in this video.
Thanks for the video link, @justtrish !

I saw that in photos as well, and without being able to stand near it or to know the exact height--- if he used a ladder he'd have to have been seen carrying it there ?
Or where in that area would TC have sourced a ladder, as it's not something one carries in their vehicle unless they drive a drywall/painting van.
Unless he was extraordinarily limber and grabbed and hoisted himself up there -- after throwing his gun up on the roof first.
Thinking about the steps he'd have to have taken, makes me wonder if he had some help ?
Omo.

I am very glad that the shooter missed Mr. Trump. I am very sorry for the victims who, as I understand, were laymen staying close. Sorry for every participant in the rally, they are probably shocked and have PTSD. I am also sorry for the young man's parents and his town.

My usual question is about prevention: isn't it the time to start using bullet-proof glass at rallies?

Bbm.
I esp. like the drone idea !
Check everything out beforehand, & even if TC shot the drone down -- they'd have been able to neutralize him or take him into custody.
No innocent deaths or injuries.
Omo.

I think the speakers make the choice on the protective glass. Some I have read feel it makes them see separate or elitist from their audience and they want to have that connection that accessibility. I remember people making statements about the pope when he started using protective glass. But it would certainly save people and maybe even prevent shooters if they know they can't hit the target. Just my thoughts.

I feel exactly the same way. I can't stand Trump or Biden, but both are human beings that deserve to be safe and protected from nuts with violence in mind. Both also have supporters that deserve to be safe as well, and sadly in this case that was a major failure.

This year I am not following the elections, but any human deserves safety. People are very passionare about amendments and rights, but isn't the right to not be killed by an armed wayward creature too much to ask for? I honestly believe that if we start proceeding from the conclusion that at any big gathering, there might be an idiot trying to pull this, and start looking at it through his eyes, we may end up in a better situation in general.

Interesting/Pondering, BBM:

“Investigators were scouring his online presence and working to gain access to his phone, but so far had not found indications of strongly held political beliefs. In fact, the clues he left behind were confusing: He was a registered Republican but had also donated to a progressive cause in 2021; his parents were registered as a Democrat and Libertarian.”

—-

Quick possible thoughts off the top of my head:

1. RINO/Lincoln Project-ish

2. Changes (or waffles)—
Eh, don’t like this one too much because an assassination attempt seems extreme for one who is waffling, unless when they waiver, they really waiver, for whatever potential reasons

3. Had another thought but forgot it

More possible thoughts on the way maybe

—-

ETA:

What is the referenced “progressive cause” he donated to in 2021?

ETA2: I like this “problem” so to speak,” - How is this logically possible…”no indications that he held strong political beliefs when you attempt to assassinate a Former/Potentially future President.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> He got his face visible above the head of the smallest agent who wasn't physically capable of covering him without his cooperation. They need to replace his detail with 6'5" burly men.
I watch the video over a hundred times Friday night. I'm glad you mentioned the height and I'm not the only one who noticed.

When Trump first stood up, I noticed he was extremely pale, white, when he raised his fist his color began to return. There were no SS in front of him. They left him wide open and that's on the secret service. The female agent came from behind the others, push that podium out of the way and immediately went to the front and covered him. I also noticed she had her arm around his waist and appeared to be supporting/bearing some of his weight going down the steps. I think she did an outstanding job!!! We were still able to see Trump's head because he towered over her. I just didn't understand why one of those tall men didn't step in front of Trump, they were all behind him.

Once they arrived at the vehicle, she shoved him in the vehicle and slammed the door and held her hand on the door. Another female agent, beside her, with weapon draw, until the door was shut.

I was of proud of these two young ladies. I agree, they need all tall agents, due to Trump's height.

Moo...
ETA ... The link shows the shooting and the trip to the car about Midway through

Last edited by a moderator:
Law enforcement sources with knowledge of the situation tells Fox News the rifle Thomas Crooks fired at Trump was a DPMS AR-15 5.56. The weapon was purchased by Crooks’ father in 2013. That weapon is now at the FBI’s forensic labs in Quantico, Virginia, along with his phone, laptop and at least one Improvised Explosive Device from his car.

New details on Trump shooting suspect:Dad called police after the shooting that his son and AR rifle were missing; investigators say suspect’s phone does not reveal a motive; a dozen or so guns found in family home. Coming up on News 4 at 4pm.

RSBM.

So true. Heck, all they needed to do was watch some Gerard Butler movies and they would have been better prepared.

Given that so many bystanders knew and pointed out that there was an issue, it was an epic fail on security's part.

Imo.

I think there was yet a second issue not addressed by security at this event. IMO, all the witnesses who were filming and saw the shooter only feet away from them on the roof are the same who did not pass through security and/or "officially enter the event" but were instead standing at the fence line.

While it's not unusual that many non-ticket holders will tailgate or attend from the car park where they can "hear" the speaker or concert, it seems to me that security may want to push these supporters further back from the actual venue. In other words, I think these witnesses (including the shooter) deemed "outside the fence line" or perimeter were pretty close in proximity to the former President. Too close.

Nonetheless, grateful they saw what those in the bleachers and on stage could not see. JMO

Red emphasis mine.
Thanks for linking this !

Going to ask this hypothetical question; aimed at the local and state police, and the secret service :
Did the perp have a rifle in his hands or possibly disassembled and concealed under his shirt ( Prob. not-- too difficult to hide, imo ) ?
If not -- did TC hide it in a tree besides the large building from which he fired ?
And if so -- why didn't they find it earlier, when doing their security sweep ?
Just so many missed opportunities.
Omo.
After more thought on this entire situation, I would be really surprised if this man didn't make another trip prior to that day and scope out this venue. How else would he know he could have access to that roof or any roof? How did he come up with the plan if he didn't see where the stage was being set up before that day? Did he just buy some ammo and hope he could find a place to take a shot?

Either the shooter got so very lucky in being able to get himself and a rifle in a position to shoot at President Trump without being stopped or he did some research ahead of time. Now weather that was going in person or online viewing google earth or other websites to try to plan this I don't know. I just don't think he woke up and decided to head to the rally and hope he could pull this off. It also seems very unlikely that he just parked his car and got out with his rifle and walked right up to the building and climbed up there with the gun.

I hope his phone can provide some data to help piece it together. Unless he left his phone at home, it should show movement in the days/weeks before and that day. Did he arrive there earlier that day to plant the gun or earlier in the week?

BBM - I just said this to my husband today. If there is an outdoor venue that SS can't get all area fully covered for whatever reason, they why not have a bullet proof shield in the areas they can't protect otherwise?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn
Back