PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Of course it would be highly suspect! I've also read that TC was seen near the magnetometers acting nervous but it doesn't follow that he'd be walking around grounds carrying an AR slung over his shoulder -- especially not near the clearance entrance. Did TC arrive early and have the rifle stashed near a building? Typically, once grounds are swept, the venue security is locked down tight until the gates are opened for the public. But I guess things was typical on Saturday in Butler, PA for this event. JMO
Please tell me how to bring a news article here to post. I haven’t done that.
<modsnip - please use the report feature to ask a moderation question>

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess my questions / thoughts are, A. if the security detail is standard can a campaign hire more security, I would assume they would assess and if they are seeing what so many see in hindsight raise a concern and hire more.
B. the shooter was off grounds? correct? so he did not go through any type of metal detector? Several years ago I went to a rally and only had a secret service pat down no metal detector so I am curious.
C. Is there any photo proof that shooter was walking around with gun? and along those lines, was gun assembled or disassembled.
D. If secret service job is to protect the core and each outer section away from the candidate are following layers SS did their job protecting his body, but I feel there was not enough security on the extra layers/sections and that is where the large issue lies.

Before shooting, Crooks told his dad he was going to gun range: On the day of the shooting, the 20-year-old suspected gunman, Thomas Matthew Crooks, told his father that he wanted to go to the gun range, so his dad let him use his AR-15-style rifle, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Crooks would occasionally go target shooting and use his father's gun, the source told ABC News. Since this wasn't an unusual occurrence, the father didn't think anything of it at the time, the source said.

Please tell me how to bring a news article here to post. I haven’t done that.
<modsnip - use the report feature to ask a moderation question>
You just copy the link and paste it.

<modsnip - response to quoted post>

Law enforcement sources with knowledge of the situation tells Fox News the rifle Thomas Crooks fired at Trump was a DPMS AR-15 5.56. The weapon was purchased by Crooks’ father in 2013. That weapon is now at the FBI’s forensic labs in Quantico, Virginia, along with his phone, laptop and at least one Improvised Explosive Device from his car.

New details on Trump shooting suspect:Dad called police after the shooting that his son and AR rifle were missing; investigators say suspect’s phone does not reveal a motive; a dozen or so guns found in family home. Coming up on News 4 at 4pm.

Wow. His dad called the police.

I am interested in how the police identified Crooks, so quickly, using "DNA and facial recognition".

What DNA source? Obviously, from Crooks, but how was his DNA identified so quickly? Matched against what database? And what facial recognition software?

These are really the questions we should be asking....

I'd LOVE to know how they did it so quickly as well!

I think the speakers make the choice on the protective glass. Some I have read feel it makes them see separate or elitist from their audience and they want to have that connection that accessibility. I remember people making statements about the pope when he started using protective glass. But it would certainly save people and maybe even prevent shooters if they know they can't hit the target. Just my thoughts.

IMHO, it is not elitist to shield onself from someone who takes FPS game as reality. Preventing the perpetrators who obviously feel that their lives are unhappy and just want to go out with the blast? I guess, minimize the blast.

Not that we expect people to behave correctly after being shot at, but it seemed to me that Trump should have got down sooner. And stayed down. After all, they didn't know if there were other shooters in the area.

It was perplexing to me. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

MOO, based on viewing the videos.

WS 101: Screenshot before it goes poof. Old school.

—-

ETA:

Wait, are you guys saying it was scrubbed befooore his name was released? I remember NYPost released his identity, before authorities did, right before the 1st PC. LE said they were not going to release it (yet) but by then it was already leaked widely.
Apologies as I haven’t been able to read everything.

ETA2: Or he didn’t have any FB, etc. to begin with.

Every single time!
it's frustrating if you want to learn more.

I guess my questions / thoughts are, A. if the security detail is standard can a campaign hire more security, I would assume they would assess and if they are seeing what so many see in hindsight raise a concern and hire more.
B. the shooter was off grounds? correct? so he did not go through any type of metal detector? Several years ago I went to a rally and only had a secret service pat down no metal detector so I am curious.
C. Is there any photo proof that shooter was walking around with gun? and along those lines, was gun assembled or disassembled.
D. If secret service job is to protect the core and each outer section away from the candidate are following layers SS did their job protecting his body, but I feel there was not enough security on the extra layers/sections and that is where the large issue lies.
In reply to your question A, my experience is that political campaigns rely on SS and local and state police. I work at a university, and have this experience at universities both in California and in Ohio. The protocol has always been the same, and with both presidential and vice presidential candidates holding rallies on our campuses in advance of presidential elections. When Senator Biden was first running for vice president, he wanted an outside rally which had SS and local and state agents/officers. Other candidates that same year wanted to be inside in a campus arena or similar structure.
None of them ever brought their own private security. They have successfully relied on SS, local and state agents/officers.

I'd LOVE to know how they did it so quickly as well!
Now it's being said his Dad called police after the shooting and said his son & AR Rifle were missing. Maybe they obtained a DNA sample from his family. But I'll bet once Dad called, they pulled up his name, photo and fingerprints through the DMV record. Then shortly after found his vehicle nearby.

Guess if it involves national security they can obtain DNA results within hours?

In reply to your question A, my experience is that political campaigns rely on SS and local and state police. I work at a university, and have this experience at universities both in California and in Ohio. The protocol has always been the same, and with both presidential and vice presidential candidates holding rallies on our campuses in advance of presidential elections. When Senator Biden was first running for vice president, he wanted an outside rally which had SS and local and state agents/officers. Other candidates that same year wanted to be inside in a campus arena or similar structure.
None of them ever brought their own private security. They have successfully relied on SS, local and state agents/officers.
in your experience though would it be an option? And if I can ask a question from your experience is indoor safer? Thank you for your input.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me
Back