PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Notably, the shooter’s location was outside the security perimeter, raising questions about both the size of the perimeter and efforts to sweep and secure the American Glass Research building, and how the shooter was able to obtain rooftop access.

BUTLER, Pa. — Two women who watched former President Donald Trump’s rally Saturday from a neighboring property described what they called lax safety measures beyond the event’s security perimeter.

Valerie Fennell and Deb Kuminkoski had tickets to go to the rally, but, because of the heat and the large crowd, they decided to hang back and watch from Fennell’s backyard, which backs up to the area where the rally was held.

Fennell’s backyard is in a grassy area between where the Trump crowd gathered and the AGR factory where the shooter was perched on the roof of one of the buildings, about 150 yards away.

Because she lives so close to where the event was held, Fennell said, she was expecting authorities to contact her, to even knock on her door, in the lead-up to the rally. She thought they might set up a security station on her property because it’s so close by.

That call never came, and Saturday, she said, she was looking around the area to see where security had set up but didn’t see anybody.

Instead, the entire area just outside the event’s perimeter was open and people were walking around freely within 150 yards of where Trump was speaking with no security visible, they said.

Fennell said that there “might have been” two or three police cars, as well as local police, parked nearby but that she didn’t see them stopping anybody who walked nearby.

Not IMO. Son is over 18 and there was no intent on behalf of the Father.

We saw that the parents of an adult female, Gabby Petito, filed a lawsuit against the parents of the adult male who murdered there daughter, so this is always a possibility. Also, the parents of GP also filed a lawsuit against law enforcement in Utah based on what they deemed to be inappropriate intervention with their adult daughter and adult boyfriend when they were stopped by Utah police during their cross country camping trip.
So as information comes out on this particular situation, who knows if there will be any grounds or perceived grounds for a civil lawsuit.

What about Robert Crimo's father?

RC is a 4th July Parade shooter in Highland Park.

And his father was charged for facilitating to obtain a weapon.
RC was 21.

Yes, I have mixed feelings towards these parents. On the one hand, it is not their fault that they passed own genes over to the kids. It is their misfortune. On the other hand, surely they should know better? See that kids may be depressed, hopeless, hate own lives? And not assume that things will sort out by themselves.

There was a timeline posted with time stamps of when things happened and of SS agents comments that were heard on the open mic. Before they stood President Trump up they had confirmation that the shooter was dead and that the counter sniper team was in place. I don't think Trump had any idea exactly what happened when he stood up. <modsnip: quoted post was snipped> He looked confused to me and was likely in a bit of shock. The crowd was staring at him to see if he was okay. He raised his hand up to show them he was good and I see it as him giving reassurance to the crowd that gathered to hear him speak that he was in fact okay.
Yes, that's how I saw it unfold in real time on live tv. It was all very fast and confusing with everyone doing the best they could under the circumstances.

As more witnesses and law enforcement come forward with their accounts, I become more concerned.

Looking more and more like, the secret service didn't care about the safety of their protective.

Moo
If you watch how they dog piled and surrounded him with their bodies to take anymore incoming shots, I’m not sure how you can say that. There were screwups but I doubt it was because they didn’t care about Trump’s safety.

Hi, just now finished eta-ing post several pages back, sorry slow, so wanted to bump edited version with question for speedracers who may have missed my question, thank you.

What is the referenced “progressive cause” he donated to in 2021?

Tia.

Qmfr/post/source for reference:
Someone posted earlier that it was to a Democrat PAC in Chicago and IIRC, it was around the time of Biden's inaugration.

This article is from 2023, so it does not directly reference this assassination attempt, but it addresses the unique situation of protecting Trump as both a former president and a presidential candidate.

Former presidents are covered for life but presidential candidates (other than an incumbent, of course) begin coverage 120 days before a general election. I believe that is now as the election is November 5th.

However, former presidents, while receiving lifetime protection, do NOT receive the intense amount of protection that a sitting president receives. IMO this is just, as there is only one president at a time and that is not Trump right now.

I know that there were not as extensive frozen zones in Manhattan when Trump was in court or at Trump Tower as when I was stuck in frozen zones for a sitting President passing through Manhattan, and when Jimmy Carter was a candidate I’ve mentioned already that we were given complete access to him in the 1970s on my college campus. In fact, when he was done speaking I ran around to the back of the hall where he spoke and was face to face with him as he rolled down his limo window. Of course he was only a candidate then and not yet president or a former president.

However, this article states that if Homeland Security determines that a particular candidate needs ramped-up Secret Service protection, a decision for that can be made. When Carter was running, of course we did not yet have a Department of Homeland Security.

Clearly things change as the threat profiles change. After all, Secret Service began as part of the Treasury Department and not as a protector of presidents.

If you watch how they dog piled and surrounded him with their bodies to take anymore incoming shots, I’m not sure how you can say that. There were screwups but I doubt it was because they didn’t care about Trump’s safety.
Yes I agree they did dog pound him. All those tall men managed to secure position behind Trump, placing a much shorter female directly in front of Trump's body.

Not providing security and oversight for the surrounding area is all on the secret service. All the reports of the shooter and the secret service didn't respond is all on the secret service.

Creating an assessment, acknowledging weaknesses and unsecured areas, and doing nothing, is all on the secret service.

The secret service is required by federal law to protect previous presidents and their spouse.

I've been investigation is complete that charges will be filed against some of these agents. According to law they are 100% responsible. They can and do used partner agencies but the bottom line the law holds them accountable.

Moo

I am still waiting to see proof of him walking around with a gun. There were metal detectors at the event according to statements.
The metal detectors were to get inside the venue itself. Although he allegedly was spotted near them, he ultimately fired from outside the perimeter.

[…]

A spokeswoman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said investigators were able to quickly trace the gun Crooks used.

"ATF was on the scene within minutes and completed an urgent trace through ATF's National Tracing Center based on out of business records from a closed gun dealer," spokeswoman Kristina Mastropasqua said in a statement.

She said bureau investigators traced the gun within 30 minutes, helping the FBI and Secret Service to identify Crooks.

Ms. Mastropasqua said the bureau was also helping to investigate the explosive devices and apparent bomb-making material.

Federal authorities say they're investigating Saturday's shooting not just as an attempted assassination, but a possible act of domestic terrorism.

The metal detectors were to get inside the venue itself. Although he allegedly was spotted near them, he ultimately fired from outside the perimeter.
yes, but statements have been made that they saw him walking around the event with the gun... I have seen no proof supporting that, if that were true , he would have passed through the detectors and there is no way that happened.

Reactions: IDK

[…]

A spokeswoman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said investigators were able to quickly trace the gun Crooks used.

"ATF was on the scene within minutes and completed an urgent trace through ATF's National Tracing Center based on out of business records from a closed gun dealer," spokeswoman Kristina Mastropasqua said in a statement.

She said bureau investigators traced the gun within 30 minutes, helping the FBI and Secret Service to identify Crooks.

Ms. Mastropasqua said the bureau was also helping to investigate the explosive devices and apparent bomb-making material.

Federal authorities say they're investigating Saturday's shooting not just as an attempted assassination, but a possible act of domestic terrorism.
purchase was a legal transaction, gun used was legal

This article is from 2023, so it does not directly reference this assassination attempt, but it addresses the unique situation of protecting Trump as both a former president and a presidential candidate.

Former presidents are covered for life but presidential candidates (other than an incumbent, of course) begin coverage 120 days before a general election. I believe that is now as the election is November 5th.

However, former presidents, while receiving lifetime protection, do NOT receive the intense amount of protection that a sitting president receives. IMO this is just, as there is only one president at a time and that is not Trump right now.

I know that there were not as extensive frozen zones in Manhattan when Trump was in court or at Trump Tower as when I was stuck in frozen zones for a sitting President passing through Manhattan, and when Jimmy Carter was a candidate I’ve mentioned already that we were given complete access to him in the 1970s on my college campus. In fact, when he was done speaking I ran around to the back of the hall where he spoke and was face to face with him as he rolled down his limo window. Of course he was only a candidate then and not yet president or a former president.

However, this article states that if Homeland Security determines that a particular candidate needs ramped-up Secret Service protection, a decision for that can be made. When Carter was running, of course we did not yet have a Department of Homeland Security.

Clearly things change as the threat profiles change. After all, Secret Service began as part of the Treasury Department and not as a protector of presidents.
I posted the law a couple of times it doesn't delineate a reduced protection.

Now the secret service might try to spend that story, but that is not what the law states. The only loophole I found is if a president declines coverage and Trump has not denied coverage.

Moo

This case is hot news in my country in Europe (Poland)

From my country's MSM

"According to a military expert:

'American services should have immediately received a 'red flag' when they saw a 20-year-old man lying on the roof.

- No one lies alone on the roof and no one works alone.
(in military/special services)

All over the world people work in pairs and even in threes.

We have a spotter who sees what's happening nearby.
He has a larger angle and better visibility.

And next to him is a sniper who has a scope and can see the target.

And they communicate with each other.

If someone told me that there was one person lying on the roof,
the reaction of the services should have been immediate' - says a former military man.

'During this type of events,
the services protect individual sectors.

There is a division of sectors, and unfortunately, responsibility for safety in them often overlaps.

If the information that someone was on the roof reached one of the sectors, there could have been a scuffle between the services.

No one wanted to take responsibility for this particular place with the gunman on the roof.

Already then,
precious seconds were running out'
- says a security expert and veteran of Military Unit."

I find this interesting. I’m not sure most people’s minds would go there, unless they believed their son was capable of such a thing.
I am not a gun person at all, although I am a parent of young adults.

Whenever something happens on the road or at school events or workplaces my children might be involved with, my mind immediately snaps to their safety.

A kid swerved into a tree? Where are my kids is my first question.

So, I think if I had an AR15 and knew my child borrowed it, I could imagine that my first thought when there is a shooting is, "Is my child okay?"

It doesn't strike me as that unusual that a parent would think of his child first when something is going on.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back