PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watching the ABC News exclusive now with the SS Director.
She’s not going to resign.

Also, how did I miss this - local police were INSIDE the building as the shooter was up on the roof?

What? Why were they inside when Trump was already on stage?
Ah, I spoke too soon apparently about the possibility of her resigning.

Yes Homeland Security is the oversight agency for the secret service. It would be interesting to understand how they interpret the law.

What I would like to see, is the Trump plan compared to the plan and number of agents in service for Jill Bidens event and a separate event for Kamala Harris campaign events, in Pennsylvania on the same day.

Moo
I am sure there are different protocols for actively in office and entourage and formerly in office. Also they take into account the threats made against someone. I feel DT protection detail would be more accurately compared to BUSH or CLINTON.

yes, but statements have been made that they saw him walking around the event with the gun... I have seen no proof supporting that, if that were true , he would have passed through the detectors and there is no way that happened.
Key word, "around" the event. From all I've seen, the eye-witnesses who have been interviewed were outside the venue.
IMO, he was seen walking the perimeter.
Regardless of where he shot from, I can't imagine anybody walking around the grounds with a rifle slung over their shoulder and where this wouldn't draw immediate attention! But I've never been to PA or a Trump rally.

Also, I've never read he was sited with a gun anyplace but on the roof top. Reports that he was looking nervous near the magnetometer did not include he was carrying a gun.

I'm still wondering if he planted the rifle somewhere near the building until he was ready to climb up on the roof. IMO, he didn't spend more than 5 mins on the roof before his life ended. It had to be miserably hot up there! JMO
@Seattle1 - I've been looking for a layout that would show the ingress/egress/location of magnetometer, but no luck.
Specifically since it was near the magnetometer location, where it is said he first drew attention to himself (pacing).

If anyone comes across this layout, please post.

Ok, that ladder thing tells us that he had likely scoped out the area beforehand, and knew he'd need it. So he was either there in the days prior, or used Google Earth or something. I tend to think he was there in person, as he happened to pick the perfect spot with which to view the stage.
Yeah… and yet how did he know those buildings wouldn’t be surrounded by LE and SS? The million dollar question. Wonder if his phone data will show previous trips around that area.

Yes Homeland Security is the oversight agency for the secret service. It would be interesting to understand how they interpret the law.

What I would like to see, is the Trump plan compared to the plan and number of agents in service for Jill Bidens event and a separate event for Kamala Harris campaign events, in Pennsylvania on the same day.

Moo

I think everyone affiliated with politics, all politicians and their families, need serious protection. There have been so many awful events, plot to kidnap Whitmer, Pelosi’s husband’s hammer attack, and now this…

All of politics is dangerous, imo, and has been for a long time. And especially now with upcoming elections, increased threat climate (highest since 9/11), etc.

Moo.

Key word, "around" the event. From all I've seen, the eye-witnesses who have been interviewed were outside the venue.
IMO, he was seen walking the perimeter.

@Seattle1 - I've been looking for a layout that would show the ingress/egress/location of magnetometer, but no luck.
Specifically since it was near the magnetometer location, where it is said he first drew attention to himself (pacing).

If anyone comes across this layout, please post.
Still the perimeter, so many cell phones there, a picture relieves a thousand doubts. I am just still very curious those statements made it sound like the gun was fully assembled and I am truly curious on that. I may never get my answer but will keep looking.

I agree, the female agents were right on it and did an amazing job. Unfortunately, they, like me look to be about five feet tall and I agree that since Trump is tall, that the plan should have considered his height when putting the group of SS together. JMO
As I watched it play out on tv, that was my immediate thought as well. There needs to be a height requirement. I don't care whether it's a male or female, but the physical attributes must meet the actual needs of the situatiion.

Do anyone have a msm link to the video showing the angle of Trump from behind at the time of the shooting? It was shared last night, but is now gone.

I found it peculiar that the video was edited in such a way as to cut away right before the bullet and started showing different footage of the shooter's position.

Edit: this is the video I'm referring to. Why would the shot be edited out?

Post in thread 'US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024' US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

Last edited:
And another thing. Why would an officer call it in as a suspicious person? Just go put the guy in cuffs if he is in a building with no reason. Do LE officers have brains anymore?
Perhaps that officer was assigned to a specific task/area and he just noticed the man on the roof and snapped the photo and called it in so whoever had that area could go up there on the roof.

Earlier we read no ladder was involved, and now CNN is reporting he purchased one at HD that morning…

CNN —
In the 48 hours before he opened fire on former President Donald Trump, 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks made a series of stops in and around his suburban Pittsburgh hometown.

On Friday, he went to a shooting range where he was a member, and practiced firing, a law enforcement official told CNN. The next morning, Crooks went to a Home Depot, where he bought a five-foot ladder, and a gun store, where he purchased 50 rounds of ammunition, the official said.

So he went to the firing range on Friday, so that is likely when he asked to borrow his father's rifle and go to the firng range? And he went to Home Depot the morning of the rally and then drove north to Butler? With the ladder in his vehicle. This whole thing is very strange, IMO.

Something I keep thinking about...

Imo, Trump was exposed multiple times/at multiple points while surrounded by Secret Service (height differences, him wanting to signal to the crowd).

He's tall, also has light hair, both of which stand out, especially among a sea of dark suits.

For situations like these, would it make sense for the group that would bodily surround him (or anyone they are tasked with protecting) to have some kind of kevlar-reinforced cover (small blanket size maybe?) to drape over his head and shoulders while they hustle him out of the way?

I am not sure how feasible it is but I feel like it would make the protected person less visible for continued assault until they could get to a safer location.

Just thoughts as all the protective actions are under scrutiny and may be changed or modified going forward.

Imo.

Imo, Trump was exposed multiple times/at multiple points while surrounded by Secret Service (height differences, him wanting to signal to the crowd).

He's tall, also has light hair, both of which stand out, especially among a sea of dark suits.

For situations like these, would it make sense for the group that would bodily surround him (or anyone they are tasked with protecting) to have some kind of kevlar-reinforced cover (small blanket size maybe?) to drape over his head and shoulders while they hustle him out of the way?

I am not sure how feasible it is but I feel like it would make the protected person less visible for continued assault until they could get to a safer location.

Just thoughts as all the protective actions are under scrutiny and may be changed or modified going forward.

Imo.
A really good question and idea. In the one shot, one male SS member held his arm over his head but that would be useless. I like your idea.

I also wonder about the immediate acting SS members. They didn’t seem to be wearing anything bulky under their own jackets. If shooting continued, they could have been killed leaving him exposed.

Imo.
I think that is why they push him down until shooter is confirmed down they were over him when he was down and tried to lead him out hunched over, at least that is how I saw it. I think they don't carry anything additional as they need to fight or flight. I am sure everyone was vested and they put his head down right away .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13
Back