PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Uh.... I think my mind has officially been blown after reading this headline.

After Trump assassination attempt, guns will still be allowed near RNC, but tennis balls will not

A recently passed Milwaukee city ordinance outlines what is banned in the outer perimeter, including tennis balls and paintball guns. But it doesn't cover most firearms and only prohibits weapons already outlawed by the state, including fully automatic guns.

OK...this is odd.
I'd prefer someone throw a tennis ball at me then shoot me but...

And they both shot very famous and popular politicians in an outdoor venue with unclear motives. And TC apparently had a school assignment about the JFK assassination that seemed to really interest him. I'm wondering if he identified with Oswald and an obsession grew.

I think they look sort of alike in a dweeby kind of way. Whatever the case, they will remain well-known name for their shooting if not their similar looks.

ymmv

jmopinion

Lots of young adults can look too thin and dweeby and don't end up shooting anyone, but who knows what was going through his mind.
Maybe, after being rejected from the Rifle Club he decided to show 'em all?

Lots of young adults can look too thin and dweeby and don't end up shooting anyone, but who knows what was going through his mind.
Maybe, after being rejected from the Rifle Club he decided to show 'em all?
Yes, I think being rejected from the Rifle Club was a motivator, tbh.

And, yes, of course not all dweeby men shoot people. I'm disappointed my comment would be interpreted like that. I'll try harder when sharing my brainstorming ideas.

jmo

Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle said in a television interview Tuesday morning that part of the reason the agency did not require a police officer to stand atop the roof of the Agr building was its slope. “That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point, and so there’s a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn’t want to put somebody up on a sloped roof,” she said. “So, you know, the decision was made to secure the building from inside.”

If I’m not mistaken the sniper who shot him was on a sloped roof.

The hearing with cheatle on 22nd should be interesting.
And she's supposed to be the best of the best.
She clearly is not familiar with the setup. The secret service was on a sloped roof across from this.
I never heard of securing a perimeter from inside of a building.
Insane just absolutely insane.
Moo

I don't think he voted in the 2024 primary. It appears he last voted in Nov 2022.

There also has been no mention of him participating in any donations to anyone after Jan 2021. There is no mention of him engaging in any events, townhalls etc.

When he registered to vote, he indicated his party preference. But I don't read too much into it. Lots of people register by party. It's a snapshot in time of how they feel at the time they registered. I don't get the impression he was all that engaged in the civic process.

He may have had opinions, however I'm not seeing that he actively engaged in supporting anyone for president. No donations. No indication that he participated in a precinct convention. (In Texas, after you vote in a primary, you can participate in the precinct convention or county convention. PA might call them something different)

View attachment 518344
I was saying he registered in 2022 before the gop 2024 candidate for prez was chosen. Something happened in the 2 years between the date he registered in the party and the date he tried to kill the party's national candidate.
We heard about high school friends, some of them wore trump hats. But we haven't heard from any jc friends that I know of. So attempting to find the "why" still includes this puzzle, for me. Rep party member tries to kill head of party. I'm not ready to write off that remarkable twist yet. But I get your pov.

Also wondering whether any keys were found on him ? Storage space, or 2nd vehicle waiting for get-away while LE busy attending to the wounded, etc?
Was the building's roof metal? How could his movement stop the roof not be heard by LE if they were positioned inside?

Seems to fit the profile of a serial killer - capable of keeping his dark fantasies and activities to himself.
OTOH: If someone was looking to groom/recruit an assassin - wouldn't an intelligent but lonely young man with firearms experience, technology skills, and no red flags be a perfect candidate?
Exactly my train of thought at the moment, to be honest. MOO

I was saying he registered in 2022 before the gop 2024 candidate for prez was chosen. Something happened in the 2 years between the date he registered in the party and the date he tried to kill the party's national candidate.
We heard about high school friends, some of them wore trump hats. But we haven't heard from any jc friends that I know of. So attempting to find the "why" still includes this puzzle, for me. Rep party member tries to kill head of party. I'm not ready to write off that remarkable twist yet. But I get your pov.
But he also apparently donated money to a very progressive political cause. Very strange.

But he also apparently donated money to a very progressive political cause. Very strange.
I have seen some of those political money raising ads that can be very confusing, and if you don't read the fine print when submitting your $15 you can think you are helping one thing but actually supporting the opposite .

Serial killers show signs at a very young age; every single one I can think of at least. He'd be my last choice, as his shooting was so bad that he was kicked off his school rifle team. He took unimaginable risks, and lucked out that the local police had no clue what they were doing.
Hmmm, Gacy, Bundy, BTK ? "Signs" may have existed from a young age - but were not recognized as such except in retrospect after their crimes were attributed to them. Also, seems TC's shooting skills improved during the several years following his rejection from the high school rifle team. His presumed target is lucky to be alive.

I would not be surprised if Thomas Michael Crooks is an injustice collector/grievance collector with trouble fitting in. Something seen with other assassins like Jared Loughner, Lee Harvey Oswald, Charles Guiteau, and John Hinckley Jr.

I wouldn't be surprised if he part of the "Incel" group. I have heard that more attention should be paid to this group. There are several pages and dedicated areas for them to congregate on the internet. They are definitely a group of isolated, "injustice collectors", who usually have in common the fact that they are looking for someone to blame for their circumstances.

I don't like to say this, but there is definitely a "type" to look at in regards to potential for violent behavior. "Most likely to be an Assassin". Scary. Could have probably be written under Crooks picture in his year book picture. Ironic that he has a flag on his shirt in that picture.

Has anyone found a more recent picture than one that is four years old?

The $15 dollar donation, to something like voter outreach, iirc, was when he was seventeen. He registered R when he was 18.
wondering if at 17 some pretty young lady may have asked him for the donation..... he may not have even read it.....

I wouldn't be surprised if he part of the "Incel" group. I have heard that more attention should be paid to this group. There are several pages and dedicated areas for them to congregate on the internet. They are definitely a group of isolated, "injustice collectors", who usually have in common the fact that they are looking for someone to blame for their circumstances.

I don't like to say this, but there is definitely a "type" to look at in regards to potential for violent behavior. "Most likely to be an Assassin". Scary. Could have probably be written under Crooks picture in his year book picture. Ironic that he has a flag on his shirt in that picture.

Has anyone found a more recent picture than one that is four years old?
I am not along these thoughts but I do wonder when did he start wearing the fatigues? was it a daily thing and was it a new thing? Could be associated with a group .... as I said I am not leaning that way but willing to consider it...

wondering if at 17 some pretty young lady may have asked him for the donation..... he may not have even read it.....
Just reading here and there, it sounds like a persistent group that floods contacts with fundraising emails. In any case it's not at all on the same level (imo) as a bona fide party registration. But what means anything permanent at that age.

Hmmm, Gacy, Bundy, BTK ? "Signs" may have existed from a young age - but were not recognized as such except in retrospect after their crimes were attributed to them. Also, seems TC's shooting skills improved during the several years following his rejection from the high school rifle team. His presumed target is lucky to be alive.
A serial killer expects to get away with it, while a mass murderer does not. I’ve felt from the beginning that he profiles as a mass murderer, who just happened to take assassin form.

We now know that his preparations likely began months before this rally was even announced.

I think he was planning something entirely different, until he found out 10 days before that Trump was going to be holding a rally about an hour away.

If this guy was a half decent shot, Trump’s head turn would be irrelevant.

There were multiple opportunities to stop this guy, and there were massive failures all around.

43 min ago
Police fatally shoot man near Republican National Convention venue, WISN reports

Police fatally shot a man Tuesday about a mile away from the main Republican National Convention venue in Milwaukee, CNN affiliate WISN reported.

Witnesses told the station that two men were fighting in a local park when one of them pulled a knife out. Witnesses said the men were startled when officers responded and the man with the knife was shot by multiple officers, WISN reported, noting those details had not been confirmed by police.

The officers involved were from the Columbus, Ohio Division of Police, according to a statement from the Fraternal Order of Police posted on social media.

“No officers have been injured however the condition of the suspect is currently unknown,” the statement read.

The Ohio agency is among several police departments from multiple cities and jurisdictions in Milwaukee to help secure the RNC site, the statement continued.

The Milwaukee Police Department is expected to provide additional information “as soon as it is available,” authorities said in a social media post.

A serial killer expects to get away with it, while a mass murderer does not. I’ve felt from the beginning that he profiles as a mass murderer, who just happened to take assassin form.

We now know that his preparations likely began months before this rally was even announced.

I think he was planning something entirely different, until he found out 10 days before that Trump was going to be holding a rally about an hour away.

If this guy was a half decent shot, Trump’s head turn would be irrelevant.

There were multiple opportunities to stop this guy, and there were massive failures all around.
100% agree.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010