PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly. There was reporting yesterday that he had received packages that were marked as possibly containing hazardous material, in the months prior to this.

So it appears some sort of an attack was a long time coming.
I edited to add to my post. Given what seem to me like possible near-autistic qualities (or at least high social anxiety issues and not fitting in socially) with this young man, I wonder whether he feared leaving the protective cocoon of the family home if he was going to be required to live on-campus in the fall (or if his parents were urging that). So, decided to take an exit and wanted to do it with impact.

I honestly don't get
why DRONES were not used to observe the roofs?? :oops:

This is 21 century
and
this is the U.S.

Agreed, I've wondered that as well.
Given that the slope of the roof was so steep. ;) :rolleyes:

In an interview with ABC News, Cheatle said : "That building in particular has a sloped roof at it's highest point. And so, you know, there's a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn't want to put somebody up on a sloped roof."
She added , "The decision was made to secure the building from inside."

Red emphasis mine.

It's noticeable that she did not say whether it was the local LE or the secret service's decision ?
So, who made that call ?
Just asking.

A photo of the dangerously sloped roof that was unable to be secured by either local LE or the secret service
(warning, blurred but graphic) :

Police_personnel_stand_over_the_body_of_Thomas_Matthews_Crooks_.jpg

My friend has a relative who is a roofing contractor.
To place new tiles, or repair damaged roofing tiles on steep inclines, they'll put temporary small pieces of rectangular wood (roof brackets) on the roof for the workers to have something to brace themselves.
As well as wearing a safety harness.
As the tiles are nailed down, the brackets are removed.

This shouldn't have been an impossible task to place someone on this roof, and also on the roof of the buildings behind and to the right of former president Trump ?

Omo

Last edited:

This is new to me info from the article.

His father, Matthew Crooks, bought the gun in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania, in 2013 from Gander Mountain, a retail outdoors chain.

He parked at a gas station lot about a third of a mile from the event.

Edited to add: google maps shows a Sheetz gas station very close to the event location. Maybe that was where he parked.

Last edited:

In an interview with ABC News, Cheatle said : "That building in particular has a sloped roof at it's highest point. And so, you know, there's a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn't want to put somebody up on a sloped roof."

Red emphasis mine.

It's noticeable that she did not say whether it was the local LE or the secret service's decision ?
So, who made that call ?
Just asking.

A photo of the dangerously sloped roof that was unable to be secured by either local LE or the secret service

View attachment 518505

To place new tiles, or repair damaged roofing tiles on steep inclines, they'll put temporary small pieces of rectangular wood (roof brackets) on the roof for the workers to have something to brace themselves.
As the tiles are nailed down, the bracket are removed.

This shouldn't have been an impossible task to place someone on this roof, and also on the roof of the buildings behind and to the right of former president Trump ?

Omo
I’m a 65 year old woman who doesn’t spend much time on roofs of any slope, but I think I’d be able to manage that one.

The contradictions involving the secret service and this incident are many and defy reason. Recent awareness of an Iranian plot to assassinate Trump and a Pac-Man-shaped security perimeter that placed the most vulnerable area (a low nearby roof with a direct sightline to Trump) to be covered by local police, who I assume had NOT been informed of the Iranian threat? Agents on a nearby roof of similar slope, but this roof too “sloped near the top” (whatever that is supposed to mean… did the slope increase near the peak…no). And I don’t know whether confirmed, but supposed reports that the Secret Service team was changed after the advance work to another team because the First Lady was speaking nearby and those agents were needed there?

Can’t wait to watch the congressional hearings. These contradictions need explaining.

Exactly. There was reporting yesterday that he had received packages that were marked as possibly containing hazardous material, in the months prior to this.

If it was months, this would seem like this was merely a target of opportunity rather than that all along he had planned to assassinate Trump specifically. I do get kind of Columbine-esque vibes and he could have been in that genre. He might have spent a long time wanting to do something attention-seeking/grievance-collection payback and decided to go with Trump assassination once the opportunity arose, after he had already started building bombs without knowing about Trump coming to the area.

I'd be interested to know what prompted the removal of the signs because I suspect whatever that event was set things in motion.
There are conflicting reports in the media. A Republican Committee member in the community lives on the same street as the shooter, and she distributes political signage in the neighborhood and says that since she has lived there she has never seen a political sign in their yard, nor has she distributed a Trump sign to them as the parents aren't on the list for Republican voters for their neighborhood. Father apparently is an Independent, and mother is registered Democrat.

Red emphasis mine.

So, who made that call ?
Just asking.

View attachment 518505

As the tiles are nailed down, the bracket are removed.

Omo
What Cheatle said is mind boggling and likely her reasoning of why someone wasn’t on the roof. This makes it even more terrifying and surprising if she keeps her job. Just wow!

Is that how they protect US assets?

Mr. President if you hear bullets, duck as fast as you can. We can’t put anyone on the adjacent roof because it’s a safety hazard. We will keep people inside though, just in case there’s a problem in the interior of the building. Hmmm imo

Last edited:
JMO Colossal failure. Question is why? Why was Trump allowed on stage with an identified threat in the area? Why wasn't the police officer who climbed the ladder and saw Crooks able to radio in a call to shield Trump? Lots to unpack and for some reason, nothing of substance has really leaked out.

They keep calling that kid a bad shot but the one that clipped Trump was good, Trump was just fortunate to have turned.
He was reportedly a bad shot as a freshman in high school. That would have been 4 or 5 years ago?
Since then, he had been going to a gun range with his father and probably by himself. Just my opinion, he had plenty of time to improve his skill.

I knew this was going to happen. :(

The FBI and Department of Homeland Security are concerned about the potential for violent “follow-on or retaliatory attacks” the agencies said in a joint intelligence bulletin obtained by CNN.

“Individuals in some online communities” have threatened or encouraged violence in response to attempted assassination

If it was months, this would seem like this was merely a target of opportunity rather than that all along he had planned to assassinate Trump specifically. I do get kind of Columbine-esque vibes and he could have been in that genre. He might have spent a long time wanting to do something attention-seeking/grievance-collection payback and decided to go with Trump assassination once the opportunity arose, after he had already started building bombs without knowing about Trump coming to the area.
Yes. Especially when you consider that he had 2 bullet proof vests (1 in car and one at home), and also left an extra bomb at home.

His plot appeared to be evolving.

Those packages could have had a nondescript warning. A few years back they would have been labeled ORM-D and that changed to a "Limited Quantity" sticker. Even an explosives marker on a box is fairly innocuous looking.

Hmm.
11pm ?
At Thomas' age, I'm surprised the dad called so quickly.
Wouldn't he think TC had just gone over to a friends' house and forgot to call, or was ignoring his dad's calls ?
Omo.
I was thinking supposed lack of friends and this may not be his normal behavior. It was 10 hours, probably no answer on phone it was getting late at night, I think any parent would worry.

Apparently the shooters' parents called LE hours BEFORE the Trump rally as they were worried about their son who they said was missing.

For the parents to call LE and report that they were worried, I would think that either he didn't come home on Friday night, or something else was worrying them about his behavior or something they may have found or other.
last article I saw here in i think #823 is stating father called police at 11pm, after the son failed to return home at the expected 1pm time.

FBI examines Trump assassination attempt suspect's phone, transmitter found on him​

Investigators said Tuesday they found a remote transmitter in the suspect's pocket that may have been intended to set off two suspicious devices found in the suspect's car and one in his home, according to law enforcement sources. Devices at both locations were similarly constructed in ammunition containers using components including receivers that appear to have been paired with the remote control found in the suspect's pocket, sources said.

Yes. Especially when you consider that he had 2 bullet proof vests (1 in car and one at home), and also left an extra bomb at home.

His plot appeared to be evolving.
Seems like a lot was going on in a small three-bedroom house. Maybe the shooter had use of a basement all to himself. But as you mentioned above, packages of hazardous materials were delivered to the house.

II think it's possible the parents wanted him to go on to college and get a degree and so he was pushed in that direction but that wasn't really what he wanted.

I shudder to think that this guy was working with vulnerable seniors who were in his care. He had no regard for human life whatsoever.

dumb question so please be kind, he was an engineering student of some sort, would it be feasible to think that the people he lived with could have thought items he received and was "crafting" were related to his educational pursuits?

The planning for the particular chosen target may have started July 12, when the Butler Eagle reported specifics about the rally provided by the Trump campaign.
Trump campaign shares details for Butler rally

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar