PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What Cheatle said is mind boggling and likely her reasoning of why someone wasn’t on the roof. This makes it even more terrifying and surprising if she keeps her job. Just wow!

Is that how they protect US assets?

Mr. President if you here bullets, duck as fast as you can. We can’t put anyone on the adjacent roof because it’s a safety hazard. We will keep people inside though, just in case there’s a problem in the interior of the building. Hmmm imo
Bbm.

ITA.
ANY former U.S. president needs to have protection close to that of a current potus.
Protocols and laws already set in place may vary, so this is my opinion.
Imo.
Omo.

DBM

I got 11 a.m. and 11 p.m. mixed up with regard to the time of the parents' reporting of their missing son (the shooter).

I do wonder about any red flags noticed by his relatives or fellow students/coworkers ?
Unless something new turns up in msm, I'm assuming the shooter's family is innocent of any knowledge of his nefarious plans.
Sorry that this twisted young man placed such a burden on them.
No matter what lies ahead, this will probably be what they'll be known for.
It sounds like they're being fully cooperative.

Hoping they will be able to move on with their lives.
Omo.

Others say they never had any political signs in their yard.

"I'm on a Republican committee here in Bethel Park," Holly said. "I'm a committee woman, and I door-knock everywhere: for [2022 U.S. Senate nominee Dr. Mehmet] Oz, for [2022 gubernatorial nominee State Sen. Doug] Mastriano, for Trump, for all of them," she said.

Holly said she had never door-knocked at the Crooks' home; campaigns and activists often have access to voter rolls with likely voters of respective parties.

"I know who the Republicans are. I mean, he's not on the list," she said.

In the previous post on signs, I was gonna say that signs are kinda like donations and they can often be traced.

In this case, they have an active GOP neighborhood committee member who would have seen the signs OR she would have had a record of knocking on their door. If she would have seen signs that she hadn't placed herself, she would have ended up knocking on the door.

It looks like the area she represents is not very large. And she would have likely driven past his house even when not canvassing the neighborhood.

Screenshot Capture - 2024-07-17 - 12-20-38.png

At Trump Rally, Local Police and Gunman Were in Same Warehouse Complex​

Secret Service and local LE give conflicting accounts - who was actually in the "shooter's" warehouse?
Whether law enforcement used the same building as the gunman — is still not easily resolved three days after the shooting

The director of the Secret Service said the local forces were in the very same building, an account suggesting that the gunman was essentially on top of them. A local law enforcement official told The New York Times on Tuesday that was not the case and that the local officers were in an adjacent building.

The discrepancy in their accounts is just one unsettled element in the effort to determine how security broke down and allowed a 20-year-old with a semiautomatic rifle to open fire in a rapid barrage that left Trump hurt, one man dead and two other people at the rally gravely wounded.

Last edited:
I’m a 65 year old woman who doesn’t spend much time on roofs of any slope, but I think I’d be able to manage that one.

The contradictions involving the secret service and this incident are many and defy reason. Recent awareness of an Iranian plot to assassinate Trump and a Pac-Man-shaped security perimeter that placed the most vulnerable area (a low nearby roof with a direct sightline to Trump) to be covered by local police, who I assume had NOT been informed of the Iranian threat? Agents on a nearby roof of similar slope, but this roof too “sloped near the top” (whatever that is supposed to mean… did the slope increase near the peak…no). And I don’t know whether confirmed, but supposed reports that the Secret Service team was changed after the advance work to another team because the First Lady was speaking nearby and those agents were needed there?

Can’t wait to watch the congressional hearings. These contradictions need explaining.
I agree that so far the information from SS is inadequate and confusing. I suspect that the Director describing the sloped roof as a problem either didn't receive a full briefing or didn't understand it. The degree of slope could not have been the problem, as many have pointed out. The angle of slope may have been, but I don't see how.

It looks to me like the snipers were well placed to give them the most coverage with a clear field of fire. They relied on local LE to communicate about threats approaching from outside the ground perimeter that could be covered by Secret Service staff members. It seems to me the focus will be: (1) was that reliance reasonable; (2) were local LE deployed properly; (3) did local LE observe the shooter approaching the building and climbing to the roof; (4) If not, why not; and (5) if so, what did they do and why did information about the shooter fail to reach SS snipers in time to kill the shooter before he set up?

Given the number of people involved, I think that it would be extremely difficult to assemble - on the day of the event - a comprehensive picture of what happened and why security plans and personnel failed to prevent the shooter from setting up on that roof.

Last edited:
dumb question so please be kind, he was an engineering student of some sort, would it be feasible to think that the people he lived with could have thought items he received and was "crafting" were related to his educational pursuits?
IMO, the parents likely were pretty much unaware of what he was doing with his life, overall. I think he was pretty much a loner, even in his family life, and was left alone to do his thing with no one paying attention.

The other possibility is that the parents knew at some level that something was wrong, but tried to ignore it as they didn't want to - or couldn't - deal with it, for some reason. Maybe they hoped that when he went off to college in the fall that would take care of the problem, but we now know that the shooter had no intention of doing that.

I'd also, at some point, like to know if the local resources had direct communication with SS agents. My DH was VP of Security for a National sport league and being able to communicate with multi level teams was of significant importance. Much has been done in technology to aid in these areas. I know at one time they used Tango Tango which allows you to use your phone like a two-way radio style communication using unlimited, encrypted push-to-talk channels.

dumb question so please be kind, he was an engineering student of some sort, would it be feasible to think that the people he lived with could have thought items he received and was "crafting" were related to his educational pursuits?

His parents probably didn't know anything about the packages or they knew about a delivery but did not see the packages.

When I order a package I track it and when it says delivered I go get it from mailbox or porch. No one in my house is even aware of it. It only takes seconds to grab your package and hide it...mere seconds.

2 Cents

IMO, the parents likely were pretty much unaware of what he was doing with his life, overall. I think he was pretty much a loner, even in his family life, and was left alone to do his thing with no one paying attention.

The other possibility is that the parents knew at some level that something was wrong, but tried to ignore it as they didn't want to - or couldn't - deal with it, for some reason. Maybe they hoped that when he went off to college in the fall that would take care of the problem, but we now know that the shooter had no intention of doing that.
He seemed “underemployed,” given his interests and education.

His parents were employed in occupations (reportedly as behavioral or rehab counselors) that are different than the one TMC seemed to be preparing himself for, so they may not have been able to advise him on his chosen path. A young man who has historically had social issues who is preparing for a career in an area his parents aren’t familiar with needs knowledgeable mentors who invest themselves a bit in helping him spread his wings and establish networks to help him launch. I wonder if he had any.

At Trump Rally, Local Police and Gunman Were in Same Warehouse Complex​

Secret Service and local LE give conflicting accounts - who was actually in the "shooter's" warehouse?
Whether law enforcement used the same building as the gunman — is still not easily resolved three days after the shooting

The director of the Secret Service said the local forces were in the very same building, an account suggesting that the gunman was essentially on top of them. A local law enforcement official told The New York Times on Tuesday that was not the case and that the local officers were in an adjacent building.

The discrepancy in their accounts is just one unsettled element in the effort to determine how security broke down and allowed a 20-year-old with a semiautomatic rifle to open fire in a rapid barrage that left Trump hurt, one man dead and two other people at the rally gravely wounded.
Thanks for the link !

A lot of "Hmmm's ".
It wasn't that long ago that this happened, exactly what are they unclear on ??????
Omo.

But he had his father's rifle with him.
AND there had been an attempted assassination nearby, with reports of dead and injured victims and a dead shooter.

I’m trying to remember how quickly it was that the BBC came out with the interview of the ginger-haired young man who reported that he and others had drawn the attention of police officers to a young man “bear-crawling” across a nearby roof. Before 11 pm?

But he had his father's rifle with him.
And, maybe the shooter didn't have a habit of hanging with friends or had no friends so the parents became concerned about his absence.
My gut tells me they learned of the assassination attempt online and became concerned because they knew he had the AR 15. It probably set off a where is TC? Probably attempted to call him. Did TC block his parents on his phone that day so the call would not immediately lead agents to their door? I have wondered about that.

I agree, any parent would worry, especially if he had your rifle with him.
yeah and I am not going to read anymore into the father calling at this time. I think it was just a concerned parent, maybe even worried that someone got the gun from the son. I think the parents would / could be worried enough without even putting 2 and 2 together about the assassination attempt.... probably not even on the radar.
Imagine your child was missing for 10 hours , you couldn't' reach them, they lived at home, didn't have many friends had never been gone out of contact for this long... if it was not the normal you would worry …. did they get in an accident, did they get hurt at the range. did they get carjacked... so many terrible scenarios when you are waiting for someone and they are not returning. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back