PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agreed.

The AR-556 Crooks used was a good gun for a 140 yard shot, IMO.

But the SS Snipers looked like they were using AI accuracy international bolt actions in 308 or 300 win mag with Nightforce 5-25x or 7-35x scopes. Deadly 1000 yards+

Secret Service Counter Snipers have very stringent qualifications on skills and physical ability, including eyesight and hearing: Special Operations Division: Counter Sniper Team (CS)
Well you said that way better than I ever could! lol

I just know that any elite group that would have snipers are going to be the best of the best. They look the part and act the part. I didn't know all the specifics like you do, but I know enough that 20 year old Tom C was not it and any sniper peeking at him from afar was going to realize that very quickly too. Now the average person in the crowd maybe though he could be part of something official (but based on the people yelling for LE to get this guy who was up on the roof, I'd say they weren't fooled either), but no way any of the LE there looked at him and decided he was part of a sniper team from any of the agencies helping with security.

Donald Trump gunman Thomas Crooks was maths nerd who failed to make rifle team​

Jameson Myers, a former member of the school’s varsity rifle team, told CBS News he did not make the side.
Mr Myers added. "He never returned to try-outs for the remainder of high school."
Frederick Mach, a current captain of the rifle team, said Crooks was turned away because he was a bad shooter.
<modsnip - sleuthing family>

Last edited by a moderator:

Trump shooter spotted by officers at least three times in 30 minutes before he opened fire​

A police sniper took a picture of Thomas Matthew Crooks roughly 30 minutes before the 20-year-old squeezed off mutiple rounds at Donald Trump during a rally on Saturday, one of several potentially missed opportunities to stop the would-be assasin, according to reports.
Law enforcement officials were notified about suspicious activity around or on the building 20 minutes before shots were fired Saturday and the suspect was killed, according to a senator who attended the briefing.

The suspect’s father is a gun enthusiast and had more than 20 weapons in the home.

The length of time between the suspicious activity and authorities taking action deeply troubled the senator, who talked about the briefing on condition of anonymity. It will be difficult for the director of the Secret Service to lead the agency without a better explanation for the delay, the senator said.

so the photo that's circulating of the two snipers on the roof is not the one who shot him? where can I find the videos?

ETA: the red barn one is the one I've seen - I haven't seen the other one MG referred to

ETA 2: both teams are on red barns lol

I can only find one video of the snipers on a red barn roof and I don't know if they're north or south

Law enforcement officials investigating the assassination attempt on Donald Trump told lawmakers Wednesday that 20 minutes passed between the time U.S. Secret Service snipers first spotted the gunman on a rooftop and the time shots were fired at the former president, according to several law enforcement officials and lawmakers briefed on the matter.
Red bolding mine.

Still shaking my head.

In the first video at the Yahoo link : At around 1:20 min. and following, you can see which bldg. the secret service were on.
It appears to be one of the two red sheds with the large crane next to it that's holding the flag ?
Hope that helps.
Omo.

Last edited:
Thanks, new details are coming out daily. Just curious if that business has a working security camera system and if he actually accessed the property on his visits.
I would be SUPER surprised if they didn't have security cameras. Most all businesses do. Heck, even most people do.

I actually don't know what they look like. Some, yes, but not all styles.

Is this a security camera on top of the light fixture?

1721266055480.png
Are these one or outdoor lights?
1721266414565.png

1721266342559.png

And I'm a little surprised not to see any that are obviously security cameras. Maybe they don't have them. I "walked" around the building and zoomed in.

Here's the map if you'd like to take a look: Street View · Google Maps

Last edited:
IMOO the farm show grounds was a horrible choice for this event. The local police were dealing with route 68 and meridian road tore up. Traffic there is awful. So many buildings around. Complete chaos on a normal day. Butler just isn’t equipped to handle this on our local LE.

On July 8, an advance team walked the site, the Butler Farm Show grounds, to assess a security threat. Agents worked with local law enforcement and explained what the Secret Service would handle and what law enforcement would be expected to do. Crucially, the Secret Service decided that a group of warehouses to the north of the stage would be excluded from the security zone, despite being only about 450 feet from Mr. Trump’s podium. That was within a rifle’s range

That meant the warehouses were assigned to local law enforcement to secure. The Secret Service and the local police had treated the complex of warehouses just north of the rally site as an observation post. It was considered a place from which to watch Mr. Trump’s crowd — not a place that needed to be watched, itself.

But that created a blind spot, outside the security perimeter but well within rifle range of Mr. Trump. It was exploited by a gunman with no military training and little subtlety, who showed up early and acted oddly enough that police photographed him and distributed his picture, though with no weapon in view...

"When the F.B.I. was able to finally access Mr. Crooks’s cellphones and other electronic devices, agents could see that he had searched for images of Mr. Trump as well as President Biden, Attorney General Merrick B. Garland and even F.B.I. Director Christopher A. Wray.
Mr. Crooks also had at typed in “major depressive disorder” and searched for dates and places for appearances for both. Biden and Mr. Trump.

When the police reached Mr. Crooks’s body on the roof, he had no identification on him. Officers traced the serial number on his rifle to his father. In his pocket, he carried a remote control to the bombs in his car.
It was not clear if he had tried to use it, or if the bombs were made well enough to explode.

.https://nytimes.com/2024/07/17/us/politics/secret-service-trump-shooting.html

“I think all law enforcement on site did everything that they could, especially the local law enforcement,” Slupe told The Associated Press on Monday. “I hope they’re not made a scapegoat, because they did their job to the best of their abilities.”

Butler Township Manager Tom Knights said the officer lost his grip and was not retreating when he fell 8 feet to the ground.

“He was literally dangling from the edge of a building and took the defensive position he needed to at that time. He couldn’t hold himself up,” Knights said.

The officer, who has 10 years of experience in law enforcement, severely injured an ankle in the fall and was in a walking boot, Knights said.

So many little injuries. So many people saw terrible things. I know some that are all shock up and will be forever changed now.

When the F.B.I. was able to finally access Mr. Crooks’s cellphones and other electronic devices, agents could see that he had searched for images of Mr. Trump as well as President Biden, Attorney General Merrick B. Garland and even F.B.I. Director Christopher A. Wray.
Mr. Crooks also had at typed in “major depressive disorder” and searched for dates and places for appearances for both. Biden and Mr. Trump.

If the Times info is accurate, then it truly does seem that ideology was not the motivator for Crooks. It appears to be a plan to become notorious, and he’d have shot whichever one of these important men was most convenient for him.

I agree he would seem to have a death wish, as well, given that he searched online about major depressive disorder. He may not have “triumphed” in killing Trump, but he “succeeded” in getting himself killed by LE.

Unfortunately he did succeed in killing Corey and injuring two spectators.
He may have hoped to have killed more of the crowd, as well, but the major boost to his notoriety would have been if he’d actually assassinated Trump or Biden.

Even mass murderers are sometimes forgotten, but never presidential assassins.

IMO

Last edited:
I'm just still pondering why a 20 year old has no online footprint. Never wanted to try out tinder or hinge, never subscribed to a message board? This would take an immense amount of planning and a mature level of diligence to not leave a digital trace. Did he use something like bleach bit to delete his history? And was he consistently using encrypted comms. Who was he communicating with? Will the NSA have those communications? And what kind of genius takes their phone to their assassination/suicide mission? I have questions. Not conspiracy questions just questions because of his age.

Is it just me?
This whole "story" being regurgitated via MSM as well as Social Media has me doubting like Thomas.

A 20 year old assassin with zero social media footprints? Who brings in a ladder, a backpack, a range finder, an AR15 to the rally, and climbs the very same roof where sharp shooters are staging...inside? The same suspect was 'seen' and being 'watched'.....but yet Secret Services does nothing? They don't remove Trump from the stage?

This goes well beyond incompetence and negligence to me.
I sense something far worse.
MOO

Same here. Even if it wasn’t a politician SS should have this down. Isn’t that what the job is about?! Scope out every detail, have building tops covered accordingly and act on the alerts no matter if a redhead goof is pointing it out.

TC could have killed half or more of the crowd. This is so concerning for anyone going to an event.

The video of him moving around to get the right position is mind blowing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that and I’ve been around for a long while.

Unfreaking believable, I thought for some reason it was a LE Agency.

Reposting this from last night as there seems to be some confusion:

By 3 p.m. on Saturday, Thomas Matthew Crooks was at the security screening area for the Trump rally in Butler County, Pennsylvania. He first aroused suspicion when he passed through the magnetometers carrying a rangefinder, which looks similar to a small pair of binoculars and is used by hunters and target shooters to measure distances when setting up a long-range shot, according to a senior law enforcement official briefed on the investigation.

The rangefinder would not have prevented Crooks from getting through the security screening point, but it did attract the attention of security personnel who kept an eye on him until he left the secure area.

-Investigators are unsure of where Crooks went after he left the screening area but the working theory is that he went to his car to retrieve the rifle.

-Crooks gained access to that rooftop by climbing on top of the building’s air conditioning system and hoisting himself up, according to a senior federal law enforcement official briefed on the investigation.

-Additionally, after a search of his residence, investigators discovered another bulletproof vest, another remote-controlled explosive device and a 3D printer, according to multiple law enforcement sources.
If he left the screening area to go back to his vehicle to retrieve the rifle why didn't he have to go through the screening area again? Did he enter the area through an unmonitored location? And if he did, why weren't additional access points besides the main one monitored? How far in advance was the rally advertised? And when was it advertised that the rally wouldn't be held at the airport and changed to the fairgrounds?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back