PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry if this has been shared already.

But the would-be assassin’s recent trail on the internet has provided investigators with a detailed picture of his possible mindset before the attack. FBI behavioral experts are building a profile of Crooks based on the findings, the FBI told lawmakers.
One emerging theory by investigators, based in part on the timing and subjects of his online searches, is that the shooter was looking to carry out a mass shooting and that the Trump event’s proximity and timing offered the most ready opportunity, according to a US official briefed on the matter.
Trump’s would-be assassin researched previous mass shooter Ethan Crumbley and his family before attack

I guess they thought he was at the range and then just never came back. It was probably totally out of character for him.
He was supposedly took the day off work. Did they know he took the day off, I wonder?

Being concerned about a 20yo at 1pm on a Saturday afternoon seems a bit odd. Something would have to prompt them to repeatedly try to reach him, I would guess. I didn't keep close tabs on my kids at that age that I'd need to reach them on a Saturday afternoon, ykwim? I wouldn't even know what they were doing, tbh, even when they were home from college in the summer.

Did he leave a note or voicemail that concerned them? I do wonder about that.

jmo

Terribly sad for his family. Do we know if Trump personally reached out to speak with his widow? I haven't come across anything about it.
The widow of the man who was killed at former President Trump’s rally on Saturday said she has spoken to the former president.

Helen Comperatore, who lost her husband, Corey Comperatore, shared in a post on social media that she exchanged words with Trump after the assassination attempt.

“He was very kind and said he would continue to call me in the days and weeks ahead,” she wrote, The New York Times reported.

Comperatore said the former president said her 50-year-old husband “left this world a hero, and God welcomed him in.”

4 revelations raising heat on Secret Service after Trump shooting

TLDR:
Almost hour between ‘person of interest’ and ‘threat’
It’s now known that Crooks visited the rally site July 7 to scout out the location and also visited it the morning of the rally, Cheatle and FBI Director Christopher Wray told senators in a half-hour conference call Wednesday.
Trump allowed onto stage 10 mins after hunt for shooter began
The Secret Service has not yet revealed its thinking and decision making process as to why the rally was allowed to proceed.
“That shooter was identified as a suspect, suspicious character a full one hour before the shooting occurred — had a range finder, a backpack, and then they lost sight of him and never really followed up on that,”​
No one placed on the roof; local authorities said they couldn’t secure building
Cheatle earlier this week said no agent was placed on top of the building in earlier planning because it had a “sloped roof,” citing safety dangers. Instead, a “decision was made to secure the building from inside.”
And local police had informed the Secret Service that it “did not have the manpower” to fully secure the building, including placing a patrol car outside the structure, according to District Attorney Richard Goldinger of Butler County.​
Motive yet to be pinned down
The shooter’s home also has been a dead end as to political or ideological information about Crooks, with Abbate reportedly telling lawmakers in the briefings that the FBI had not found such evidence there.

Here's the original reporting: https://www.thedailybeast.com/donal...s-for-*advertiser censored*?ref=home?ref=home

Notes: Parents began trying to contact him (to include via text), beginning at 1 and continuing through the afternoon.

They still have a number of hard drives as well as his laptop to analyze.

4 magazines were found near his body, so I'd estimate he had between 120-150 rounds to work with (based on if the magazine in the rifle was counted or not).

Was thinking 50 rd box purchased, 5 -10 rd mags.

Jmo

Was thinking 50 rd box purchased, 5 -10 rd mags.

Jmo
He had apparently purchased ammo online, as well as in person.

Reporting was that nearly 100 rounds was found in his car, in 3 magazines. That tells me those magazines were standard 30 round ones.

I can’t imagine he’d use low capacity mags for something like this, especially considering what was found in his car. They should all be the same.

He was supposedly took the day off work. Did they know he took the day off, I wonder?

Being concerned about a 20yo at 1pm on a Saturday afternoon seems a bit odd. Something would have to prompt them to repeatedly try to reach him, I would guess. I didn't keep close tabs on my kids at that age that I'd need to reach them on a Saturday afternoon, ykwim? I wouldn't even know what they were doing, tbh, even when they were home from college in the summer.

jmo
I think if he left a note or said something, we’d know about it. They keep talking about how they’re a bit lost on motive/intentions, and something like that would provide some clarity.

There would be no reason to keep that quiet, even if they didn’t want to offer specifics.

Why were his parents concerned about him that afternoon?

jmo

I guess they thought he was at the range and then just never came back. It was probably totally out of character for him.
I believe I read that his father noticed his gun was missing. I have wondered why they were quickly concerned about him too.

Can you tell me where you read the last quote from Trump? Was that in his RNC speech last night? Thank you for all of that research in your post. I found it very interesting.

I made that by paraphrasing what the parent said in 2019 in what he could have been thinking, especially after visiting the Trump site itself seemingly confirming it. It wasn't actually said by anyone. I've updated my post to say it isn't an actual quote.

jmo
This is speculation: Maybe TMC didn't share that he'd taken the day off and a call came in from his workplace (either on a landline at the home, or on the cellphone TMC left behind at home). So, his parents may have become aware that he had misled them about his plans for that day?

Embattled Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle has no plans to resign after a group of GOP senators asked her to do so in an angry confrontation caught on video at the Republican National Convention over the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump, her staff told ABC News.

As calls for her resignation grow louder, Cheatle, according to her staff, is determined to stay put and see through the investigation of how the attempt on Trump's life happened at an outdoor campaign rally in Butler, Pennsylvania.

This is speculation: Maybe TMC didn't share that he'd taken the day off and a call came in from his workplace (either on a landline at the home, or on the cellphone TMC left behind at home). So, his parents may have become aware that he had misled them about his plans for that day?

I'm a bit confused. He took the day off work, and his parents thought he was at the shooting range, no?

Seems like his folks knew he wasn't at work.

jmo

Agreed! I have a 21 and 22 yo and they come and go at all hours. The only thing I can think of (other than something we may not be aware of yet) is possibly the fact that he had their gun. Maybe he was home within a certain time frame in the past when he'd go to the range so they started wondering.

I think if he left a note or said something, we’d know about it. They keep talking about how they’re a bit lost on motive/intentions, and something like that would provide some clarity.

There would be no reason to keep that quiet, even if they didn’t want to offer specifics.
Yet, the parents were concerned that day. I'm puzzled by that. I can't remember a time I was concerned about my 20yos on a random Saturday afternoon to repeatedly try to reach them. If I had a specific reason, then that's different. What was their reason....we're missing that info.

jmo

I'm a bit confused. He took the day off work, and his parents thought he was at the shooting range, no?

Seems like his folks knew he wasn't at work.

But did they know he'd specifically asked for the day off, in which case him asking to borrow dad's gun to go to the range might seem like an unusual reason to need a day off,

or did they just think he wasn't scheduled to work that day and was going to the range as normal leisure activity?

But did they know he'd specifically asked for the day off, in which case him asking to borrow dad's gun to go to the range might seem like an unusual reason to need a day off,

or did they just think he wasn't scheduled to work that day and was going to the range as normal leisure activity?

Excellent question!

From graduation til his death the shooter really changed his looks. From clean cut looking teen to a long haired. I’m sure his parents noticed the rebellion. Does anyone know who the van from Arizona belongs to? Did he get picked up at home by an unknown?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back