PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His high school classmates say he was conservative and more right-leaning than most and I'm tending to believe them.

jmo
People go back and forth. I can see that happening. Seems a bit intense for a 17 year old.

I just don't trust the site owner. His site was pulled for awhile in 2018. I'm hoping for LE confirmation.
Plus the site itself has a history. What drew a 17 yo to this site, if it was him?

However, if true it paints a picture of Brooks.
He would have been a 17 yo troll, who sought out an alt-right site, and expresses views of someone who appears to be older. His views are opposite of the site, so hence he is a troll. But he's not extreme or hyperbolic in his views either.

I'm sure alot of trolls join(ed) alt-right sites. I think it's quite common.

Here is some info about Gab.

Some more info:

“After multiple grassroots Republican activists reached out with concerns, I spent more time researching the social media platform known as Gab. When auditing the state party’s official page on Gab, I discovered points of serious concern. Several comments on RPT’s posts contained anti-semitic and racist tropes. After browsing other pages, I noticed that this was a common theme on Gab.

President Trump notably decided not to share his communications on Gab, even after his Twitter and Facebook censorship. We cannot allow the Republican Party of Texas’ page on Gab to be a corkboard for anti-American values. The Republican Party of Texas will not tolerate antisemitism and racism to proliferate under our watch. The Democrats may struggle to denounce blatant antisemitism from their own lawmakers, but Republicans in Texas do not share that issue. We fully condemn any form of antisemitism and racism.

Gab is not a viable or healthy outlet for RPT to share our message of opportunity, liberty, and personal empowerment. That is why I have formally requested that our communications team cease communications on Gab and deactivate our account until further notice. Free speech is an issue of enormous concern for Texans. We will be able to remain committed to that fight on the platforms that a majority of our voters are on. There can be no question where the Texas GOP stands on the issue of racism and anti-Semitism.”

Last edited:
People go back and forth. I can see that happening. Seems a bit intense for a 17 year old.

I just don't trust the site owner. His site was pulled for awhile in 2018. I'm hoping for LE confirmation.
Plus the site itself has a history. What drew a 17 yo to this site, if it was him?

However, if true it paints a picture of Brooks.
He would have been a 17 yo troll, who sought out an alt-right site, and expresses views of someone who appears to be older. His views are opposite of the site, so hence he is a troll. But he's not extreme or hyperbolic in his views either.

I'm sure alot of trolls join(ed) alt-right sites. I think it's quite common.

Here is some info about Gab

I lean toward the same hesitations.

For now I'm sticking to my theory that the shooter wanted a name for himself (and it's no small pleasure that the country seems united in refraining from using his name), and notoriety was his motive rather than making a political point.

jmo

@BrianEntin

Just got final trespass warning from the property where the shooter fired at former President Trump from. Won't cross the line again! Thankful to neighbors for letting us stay on their land that butts up to where shooting happened. Live from here for special at 10 on
@newsnation.

1:28 PM · Jul 25, 2024

They should have secured the site before the rally. NOPE, it's a week after the fact and they secure the property.

Moo

I've been thinking about this more as well. It seems like this kid more or less wanted notoriety.

Many younger people don't have a fully-formed political ideology, although the recent high-profile elections have seemed to change this. I've actually worked with some middle schoolers who have their politics all figured out and then don't change at all over the next few years...and also work with some college students who have no idea about politics. It seems like the shooter was still figuring his political leanings out.

(And yes, there are people who change over time...remember, Hillary Clinton was a Republican in her teenage years!)

I feel the notoriety deal is much more of a motive. I've also noticed that almost all of the classmates they've interviewed are from his high school. There isn't a lot known about his college years. As I said in a post a few threads ago, issues like schizophrenia can come up around that age, although it seems quite surprising his parents wouldn't have seen anything given that they are both therapists and likely could have treated some things for him even with just talk therapy.

I'm also curious what his home life was like. Trauma can often bring out mental health issues. Parental-induced trauma is more common than you'd think.

It sounds like a young man who was conservative but perhaps more concerned about covid protocols than what he saw among Republicans. (The shooter wore a mask after masks were no longer mandated, for example.) Many people have a mix of leanings, depending on the issue, so that is not particularly unusual.

I still don't see a political motive to the shooting, but, rather, a high-profile shooting. Maybe we'll learn more that will confirm one way or the other.

jmo
I'm not sure the mask is significant. My sister is an RN, the facility she works still requires an n95 for all staff. Sister has become so accustomed to wearing a mask she often forgets to take it off till she gets home.
Moo
ETA... He worked on a nursing home. They probably required him to wear a mask at work.

Last edited:
I lean toward the same hesitations.

For now I'm sticking to my theory that the shooter wanted a name for himself (and it's no small pleasure that the country seems united in refraining from using his name), and notoriety was his motive rather than making a political point.

jmo
I'm not going to try to determine his motivations until investigations are much more complete and information comes directly from the investigators. Until then all options are on the table to be discussed.

A comment or two about the masks: I had a student who still wore one well into 2023 because he liked that it hid his facial expressions from others. (His words, not mine).

Outside of that, I only know one other person who is still wearing one regularly; she works as a cashier and for all I know may be immunocompromised.

There's also a music venue that was still requiring them as recently as the spring around Pittsburgh. It's a little hole in the wall, not a Heinz Hall or something, but even the hospitals aren't big on them anymore around here.

Back in 2021, it was indeed a political statement to wear/not wear one for some people. It could have be political for the shooter, but it could have been something completely different.

FBI director questions whether Trump was hit by bullet or shrapnel in shooting

Christopher Wray, the FBI director, has raised questions about whether Donald Trump was actually shot by a bullet during the assassination attempt against the former president earlier this month or whether he was instead struck by shrapnel.

During a hearing on Wednesday in Washington, before the House judiciary committee, Wray told lawmakers that it was not clear what precisely caused the injury to Trump’s ear.

[…]

“There’s some question about whether or not it’s a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear,” Wray testified. “As I sit here right now, I don’t know whether that bullet, in addition to causing the grazing, could have also landed somewhere else.”

[…]

It's not what he's saying. It's where he's saying it, that's disturbing to me. He's not posting this on the Daily Mail or NYP where back and forth is common. He's posting it in a site that's known for extremism. Yet, he's not posting extremist content, but he is posting contrarian views. So, he seems to be engaging with them in a contrarian way. So, that would make him a troll. This would show that he's got some real issues if it is really him.

It's not what he's saying, it's what he's doing. It just makes me feel dirty.

I remember the post on the gaming site a few weeks back only to find out it wasn't him.

Last edited:
Trump monetizes assassination attempt by using photo as book cover

Now the photo will be used on the front of the Republican presidential nominee’s new tome, Save America, a book mainly of pictures …

The book, Trump’s third since leaving the White House in January 2021, is already being offered online for $99. Copies bearing the former president’s signature are being offered for $499.

Wow, the Secret Service just keep sounding more and more like they didn't take their job seriously at the rally.
Whistleblower tells me local law enforcement partners & suppliers offered drones to Secret Service BEFORE the rally - but Secret Service declined,

Also:
Col. Christopher Paris, commissioner of the Pennsylvania State Police, told lawmakers the Secret Service did not operate nor request any drones.

Records obtained by Grassley, though, corroborated that the Secret Service had assigned an unmanned aerial system drone operator to the event.

I don't see a political motive for the shooter. I recently saw a former intelligence officer talking about the common spycraft practice of recruiting "the village idiot" and then manipulating them into doing whatever you need done. If this wasn't a kid seeking fame... he was the village idiot.
JMHO

Wray also said that authorities had conducted over 400 interviews in their investigation and planned to hold “many more.”

FBI Director Says There's 'Some Question' Over What Struck Trump's Ear

Alternate source:
FBI Is Not Fully Convinced Trump Was Struck by a Bullet
FBI Director Christopher Wray revealed during a marathon testimony on Wednesday that investigators still do not know if former President Donald Trump was grazed by a bullet or a piece of shrapnel during his attempted assassination.
Twice during the hours-long session, Wray told lawmakers that the FBI was still working to determine what exactly struck the former president on his right ear during a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania. "My understanding is that either it [a bullet] or some shrapnel is what grazed his ear,” Wray told Rep. Kevin Kiley (R-CA).

Last edited:
I wonder what difference it makes to most people whether "it" was shrapnel or a bullet that hit Trump's ear??

Do most people think the gunman was firing aimlessly?! Was he just firing some nerf balls?! If so, you might want to have a conversation with the Comperatore family and the two men seriously injured. jmo

Last edited:
Does it really matter what actually hit his ear? It doesn't change the fact that someone was trying to assassinate Trump.

Isn't is just part of all of the facts being disclosed?

Wray isn't sure if it was shrapnel or a bullet that caused the graze. They think they have accounted for all of the bullets.

It is a fact-finding mission and disclosure.

I recently saw a former intelligence officer talking about the common spycraft practice of recruiting "the village idiot" and then manipulating them into doing whatever you need done.
That is one of the theories behind the attempted asassination of Pope John Paul II by a Turkish gunman with blurry motives.

KGB wanted to get rid of the anti communist Pope. They then delegate the effort to the Bulgarian secret police.

The Bulgarian Secret Police then start recruiting anybody who expresses a willingness to harm the Pope for any reason. These people are then given an untraceable gun and... general assistance in getting to Rome.

The idea was that if they recruit and send enough "village idiots", somebody will eventually make an attempt.

Does it really matter what actually hit his ear? It doesn't change the fact that someone was trying to assassinate Trump.
And don't forget the photo of the bullet whizzing by. If that bullet didn't graze him, then I'd be surprised that it came that close AND shrapnel then actually hit him. I feel like the bullet photo is good evidence that what grazed him was in fact that bullet. It doesn't matter to me either way though. We know the shooter shot several rounds at Trump and the trajectory can be determined based on where those who were shot were located. We have a photo of a bullet whizzing by his head. We know who the shooter was aiming for and what his goal was.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back