PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical Questions Raised​

1. Command Decisions: Who was in command and allowed such a critical tactical error?
  2. Order to Abandon Post: Who authorized the abandonment of the overwatch position?
  3. Lack of Rooftop Officer: Why was there no officer stationed on the roof to engage Crooks directly?
  4. Optimal Positioning: Why was the water tower, deemed a superior position, not utilized for overwatch?

Well, there you go. It's similar to my first guess. JMO, I'm not sure how SS would know these things were going on if local LE didn't advise they were happening.

• eam Composition: The sniper team initially consisted of three members.
  • Team Reduction: One member reportedly went home early, leaving two snipers on duty.
  • Suspicious Activity: The two remaining snipers were alerted to suspicious activity involving Crooks outside the building.
  • Investigation Error: One sniper left his post to investigate but found nothing and was subsequently locked out of the building after forgetting his access card.
  • Abandonment of Post: The last remaining sniper left the overwatch position to assist his locked-out teammate, leaving the sniper nest unmanned.
  • Shooter’s Action: During this period, Crooks crawled across the roof and fired on Trump without any engagement from the sniper team.

My next question is, why isn't there any formal questioning of the lead Secret Service agent that was in charge of the rally? Surely, this event was not directly under Cheatle's supervision. There must be a chain of command and the person overseeing the event made critical decisions that were wrong. MOO
No doubt all the agents there that day and those in DC who helped with planning have been questioned extensively. That will be ongoing.

"Donald Trump said he plans to hold another rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, after a gunman fired an AR-15-style rifle at the former president moments after he stepped on stage in the town on July 13.

It is unclear whether Trump will return to the same open-air fairgrounds where 20-year-old gunman Thomas Matthew Crooks fired at the former president from a rooftop outside a security perimeter.

A statement from an FBI spokesperson later clarified that “what struck former President Trump in the ear was a bullet, whether whole or fragmented into smaller pieces, fired from the deceased subject’s rifle.”

On Friday, Trump said he “fully accepted” the FBI’s latest statement as an “apology” from Wray."

Trump promises ‘big and beautiful rally’ in return to Pennsylvania town where he was shot

"Donald Trump said he plans to hold another rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, after a gunman fired an AR-15-style rifle at the former president moments after he stepped on stage in the town on July 13.

It is unclear whether Trump will return to the same open-air fairgrounds where 20-year-old gunman Thomas Matthew Crooks fired at the former president from a rooftop outside a security perimeter.

A statement from an FBI spokesperson later clarified that “what struck former President Trump in the ear was a bullet, whether whole or fragmented into smaller pieces, fired from the deceased subject’s rifle.”

On Friday, Trump said he “fully accepted” the FBI’s latest statement as an “apology” from Wray."

Trump promises ‘big and beautiful rally’ in return to Pennsylvania town where he was shot

Yeah, I've said this before, but they need to have all the campaign events inside for now. You know how copycats become motivated. I'd venture to say the easy access to AR 15 style weapons and ammo and sophisticated tools make these events so much more dangerous. It's really making it much more difficult to protect high profile people at outdoor events.

ETA: Did you know you can even buy AR 15 style rifles online?

Last edited:
Yeah, I've said this before, but they need to have all the campaign events inside for now. You know how copycats become motivated. I'd venture to say the easy access to AR 15 style weapons and ammo and sophisticated tools make these events so much more dangerous. It's really making it much more difficult to protect high profile people at outdoor events.

I was wondering if bullet-proof glass could be used for protection. Because people have used that in the past (as per linked article).

But it will weaken ..... A high enough volume of high-caliber rounds can eventually penetrate any type of bullet-resistant glass.

I was wondering if bullet-proof glass could be used for protection. Because people have used that in the past (as per linked article).

But it will weaken ..... A high enough volume of high-caliber rounds can eventually penetrate any type of bullet-resistant glass.

It might, but what about the general public at the events? They deserve to be protected as well. The security was flawed, or simply didn't think about their assignment, and there needs to be a suck up moment in which all security assigned that day questions what when wrong, and how to fix it. MOO

Complete investigation is not letting secret service or fbi to hide their fault in this tragedy, and lay blame on others.
I am one that has lost faith in the intelligence community. Having lived for decades in the area of nsa and dc. Keeping up with the goings on so to speak. Many ppl I know work for gov.

Jmo

@Elley Mae, had to chuckle when I read this. Ditto and touché!

Did you know that any good deer rifle could have made the same shot?

If secret service can't control an outdoor event, I haven't any faith that they could secure an indoor event. Can someone light a fire, absolutely, trapping and killing people. Indoors isn't any safer, in fact it's worse because of all the places someone could hide. They need to be answering to the security for any event, not just indoors or outdoors. The more I see and read, the more I believe there is something they are covering up. MOO

Complete investigation is not letting secret service or fbi to hide their fault in this tragedy, and lay blame on others.
I am one that has lost faith in the intelligence community. Having lived for decades in the area of nsa and dc. Keeping up with the goings on so to speak. Many ppl I know work for gov.

Jmo
Well, okay.

Still, it is my opinion that nobody here is downplaying the significance of the assasination attempt.

It is still my opinion that speculation about what exactly hit Trump as it has occurred on this thread is not downplaying the significance of the assassination attempt.

I happen to be more in the bullet camp- my theory is that it was a bullet that was just close enough to cause a minor injury. By my theory, Crooks attempted to shoot and kill Trump.

Some people think Trumps ear was pierced by a bullet. By that theory, Crooks attempted to shoot and kill Trump.

Some people think that shards of items torn apart by a bullet hit Trumps ear. By that theory, Crooks attempted to shoot and kill Trump.

The seriousness of the crime is unchanged in each theory. No theory is "downplaying anything, IMO.

We all want the facts to come out. Facts can only come out if they are followed. Deciding prematurely that it was a bullet without being sure will prevent an accurate investigation should it turn out it was not a bullet. And telling people they are not serious about the crime if they think it was not a bullet is a way of shutting out information.

MOO

Edited to add: I just noticed that someone posted that the FBI has confirmed the bullet theory.

Last edited:
I don't know why the FBI, whose main job is to investigate, chooses instead to try dodge the job. I'm pretty good at reading between the lines, and when there is an obvious attempt to discredit a fact, they come off as either not being able to fact find or being partisan. Wray needs to remain neutral, and it appears from my point of view that he is not. I think this will be a case of the FBI and SS trying to wait out interest, and then quietly closing the investigation with nothing found. And I think there is potentially a coverup. MOO

Considering it was an AR15 style rifle and ammo, he is so lucky. Just a fraction of an inch the wrong way and he probably would have died, most certainly. The damage those shells do is substantial.

The analysis in the NYT article today showed how at least 2 bullets missed him and this one barely grazed him. Fractions of an inch in any direction and he would have been killed.

ETA: I'm not a medical expert. If they say he was grazed by a bullet, then I believe them. Either way, it was very, very close.

Last edited:
Considering it was an AR15 style rifle and ammo, he is so lucky. Just a fraction of an inch the wrong way and he probably would have died, most certainly. The damage those shells do is substantial.
I saw an interview with a gentleman who used the gun range with Crooks, possibly recent to the shooting. He said Crooks put his targets way out and was a very good shot. I'll see if I can dig out an acceptable link.

The analysis in the NYT article today showed how at least 2 bullets missed him and this one barely grazed him. Fractions of an inch in any direction and he would have been killed.

ETA: I'm not a medical expert. If they say he was grazed by a bullet, then I believe them. Either way, it was very, very close.
The shooter could have been using a bolt action .22LR rimfire rifle and a hit to the head would have caused substantial damage.

The problem in this case is not the type of weapon the shooter used, it's the fact that he was allowed to get really close to and fire shots at President Trump. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay