PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also note: in the video upthread of conversation between Beaver County SWAT equipped types and SS agent, the Beaver County LE indicates that the photos taken of the shooter and the bike, prior to the shooter getting to the rooftop, were taken by a Beaver County sniper, and that person could be found in the adjacent (higher) building, where the windows overlooked the shooter's firing position.

at 0.04 through about 0.54

I believe per that, and content elsewhere in this thread, it was indicated that the same person that took the photos left the sniper post to go look for the culprit a brief time before shooting began. In the testimony by Wray of the FBI, and at least one other report, it was indicated those snipers were from Butler County. However: this exchange would tend to show the sniper team was from Beaver County. JMO until definitively established.

TBM: The persons on the roof after the shootings were SS(2); and Special Operations LE from at least (3) counties: Butler, Brown and Allegheny. All of the latter personnel would have reporting to the corresponding County Sheriffs. Some of those were also members in a Special Enforcement Task Group.
The LE who had his bodycam video shown during the last couple days, was from Brown; as were the (2) who accompanied him up the ladder to the roof.There were PSP personnel on the lower floor...shown in the video before they climbed the ladder.
When SS and the FBI refer to Local LE: They apparently are not talking just about Butler Township. Any LE who is not Federal is apparently "Local" to their way of thinking. Could have a lot to do with the early scapegoating that was going on. JMO
I do see Allegheny is a larger Department 210 officers.

Brown township is very small and it's covered by Mifflin County Regional Police Department.

I still don't believe the departments had the training or expertise, staffing required to provide security for a large area, and traffic control.

Butler and Brown did not list any special operations services. Allegheny does have a SWAT team.
Moo
I was unable to locate a website for Mifflin County Regional Police Department. The link provided by Brown Township does not work.

Last edited:
How many Secret Service sniper teams where used at Jill Biden's indoor event that was going on the same day in Pittsburgh?

Did her event take away any of those asset's that would have made a difference at the Trump rally?

Is the Secret Service short of the number of sniper teams needed to protect all of their assignments?

I hope questions like these are answered and addressed as needed well before the FBI is finished with it's investigation. Who knows how many months or even years that may take.

Improvements in the Secret Service need to take place well before the FBI is done doing it's investigation. JMO.
I think they were both handled out of the Pittsburgh office. It would depend on how many resources the Pittsburgh office has. Moo

I'm going to bounce off my own post.

I'm searched to find out who and how protection plans are designed and executed.
The only reference is Secret Service plan for both National Conventions. It appears the local LE designed, staffed and implemented the plans for the perimeter. The plans have significant differences. I would have thought they would have been a standard plan for both locations.

I'm beginning to wonder....if the SS left the entire parameter plan up to local law enforcement. Certainly the two small departments would not be capable of such an extensive plan or large number of staff.
I'd like to know more about how the SS coordinates with local LE for security at these kinds of events.

Do they just hope that the local LE is equipped with the necessary training and tools to do the job?

It would make sense that they would look at each agency's abilities. If they determine that any of those are lacking in the ability to provide the needed security then bring in more Secret Service personnel to get the job done.

As for planning it should be the job of the Secret Service to do that and for them to make sure that all participants understand what that plan is. JMO.

Senior moment, my bad. It was Beaver County the (3) SWAT equipped types in camo came from; not Brown.
That's okay I have those senior moments frequently.

Moo... Secret Service tried to patch together several very small Police Department to do a job that well exceeded their expertise.
Well Beaver County is not any larger.

The Beaver County Sheriff’s Office is the largest law enforcement agency in Beaver County with an authorized complement of a Chief Deputy, Captain, Lieutenant, 20 full-time deputies, 23 part-time deputies, 3 security monitors, and 7 clerical staff.

Free tickets are available for a rally former President Donald J. Trump, the Republican candidate for president, plans to hold in Harrisburg.

The event, scheduled for 6 p.m. on July 31, will take place at the New Holland Arena at 2300 N. Cameron St., according to a Trump’s campaign. The arena has 7,318 seats, according to the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex’s website.
Anyone know if this in lieu of the Butler rally?

I also note: in the video upthread of conversation between Beaver County SWAT equipped types and SS agent, the Beaver County LE indicates that the photos taken of the shooter and the bike, prior to the shooter getting to the rooftop, were taken by a Beaver County sniper, and that person could be found in the adjacent (higher) building, where the windows overlooked the shooter's firing position.

I believe per that, and content elsewhere in this thread, it was indicated that the same person that took the photos left the sniper post to go look for the culprit a brief time before shooting began. In the testimony by Wray of the FBI, and at least one other report, it was indicated those snipers were from Butler County. However: this exchange would tend to show the sniper team was from Beaver County. JMO until definitively established.
Moo... Could Wray have misspoken, they only have 12 officers and he's saying two of them or snipers?

I'd like to know more about how the SS coordinates with local LE for security at these kinds of events.

Do they just hope that the local LE is equipped with the necessary training and tools to do the job?

It would make sense that they would look at each agency's abilities. If they determine that any of those are lacking in the ability to provide the needed security then bring in more Secret Service personnel to get the job done.

As for planning it should be the job of the Secret Service to do that and for them to make sure that all participants understand what that plan is. JMO.
The more research, the more I find the Secret Service delegates to local law enforcement outer perimeters. The inner perimeter is covered by State Police and military if needed... I guess that would be the National Guard.
Moo... The Secret Service leaves it up to local law enforcement to solicit surrounding departments. I base this on reading, Chicago is bringing in Ohio LE to assist with the DNC. If you review the two plans, the one from Michigan is very vague, Chicago's plan is extremely detailed and they plan for over a year with the Secret Service. I both plans up thread. Take a moment and just scan the plans and you'll see it's all about local LE plan.

I tried to compare outer perimeter plans. We are not privy to plans for the inner perimeter.
Moo

Last edited:
I found this.

I haven't found a link for Allegheny County Swat or a "Special Enforcement Task Group" being involved.

I'd like to learn more about this if you can help with a link.

I did not say that the Allegheny officers on the roof were SWAT or even SWAT equipped. The Beaver County officers were so equipped. The short-sleeved officer is identifiable as Allegheny because of the logo on his shirt....see
from 15:38 for about 25 seconds.

There are at least (2) additional officers on the roof whose insignia vary from those of either county: One in black with a helmet and a semi-auto rifle whose uniform has a round logo; and one also in black, taller, fair haired and wearing sunglasses to the camera's right...What you can see of his epaulets does not match any of the county's nor the PSP so I don't know by what LE agency he is employed.

And I should not have capitalized special enforcement task group. The acronym was ESU for Emergency Services Unit. Which your own source, District Attorney Richard Goldinger, referenced in his correction to PSP's Paris.

I am still not sure whether the officers assigned to the adjacent building that left their post prior to the shooter making it to the roof, were from Butler or Beaver county; or where the officer who departed early was from. If that was a surveillance crew and equipped to take down the shooter, I would think it a little odd to mix officers from different forces in such a team-oriented, high profile effort...MOO

The more research, the more I find the Secret Service delegates to local law enforcement outer perimeters. The inner perimeter is covered by State Police and military if needed... I guess that would be the National Guard.
Moo... The Secret Service leaves it up to local law enforcement to solicit surrounding departments. I base this on reading, Chicago is bringing in Ohio LE to assist with the DNC. If you review the two plans, the one from Michigan is very vague, Chicago's plan is extremely detailed and they plan for over a year with the Secret Service. I both plans up thread. Take a moment and just scan the plans and you'll see it's all about local LE plan.

I tried to compare outer perimeter plans. We are not privy to plans for the inner perimeter.
Moo
The link for the RNC is gone. The DNC is still there.

So the rumor we've been hearing that the Secret Service budget was cut, are true. The protection post detail presidents budget was cut $20 million dollars for this year.
I did go back and pull the current 2023 budget. I noticed 20 million for post presidential protectee coverage was removed/cut and reappropriated to various other departments.
From page 25 Adjustment/re appropriation :

The FY 2023 budget decreases post presidential base funding by $20.0M, and allows USSS to continue support for ongoing protection requirements.

All my opinion
ETA the file wouldn't upload. Link to the budget the changes are towards the end.

Last edited:
I did not say that the Allegheny officers on the roof were SWAT or even SWAT equipped. The Beaver County officers were so equipped. The short-sleeved officer is identifiable as Allegheny because of the logo on his shirt....see
from 15:38 for about 25 seconds.

There are at least (2) additional officers on the roof whose insignia vary from those of either county: One in black with a helmet and a semi-auto rifle whose uniform has a round logo; and one also in black, taller, fair haired and wearing sunglasses to the camera's right...What you can see of his epaulets does not match any of the county's nor the PSP so I don't know by what LE agency he is employed.

And I should not have capitalized special enforcement task group. The acronym was ESU for Emergency Services Unit. Which your own source, District Attorney Richard Goldinger, referenced in his correction to PSP's Paris.

I am still not sure whether the officers assigned to the adjacent building that left their post prior to the shooter making it to the roof, were from Butler or Beaver county; or where the officer who departed early was from. If that was a surveillance crew and equipped to take down the shooter, I would think it a little odd to mix officers from different forces in such a team-oriented, high profile effort...MOO
I apologize for my confusion.

How did you identify Beaver County in the video? According to the website they don't have a police department, unless I'm looking at the wrong website.
Moo

How did you identify Beaver County in the video? According to the website they don't have a police department, unless I'm looking at the wrong website.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member