PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“There was great bravery displayed… Every one of them. There wasn’t one that was slow,” Trump said at the event on Saturday. “There was a woman to my right shielding me. A beautiful person. She was shielding me with everything she could.”

He continued: “She got criticized by the fake news because she wasn’t tall enough. She was criticized and she was so brave.”

Trump said that one of the women who bundled him off the Pennsylvania stage “was shielding me with everything. She wanted to take a bullet”.

According to this news article, Crooks' family said they weren't suspicious of him ordering hazardous materials because he had an interest in science and experiments. However, it also says that Crooks used aliases to place those orders. So, I think it odd that Crooks' family wouldn't be suspicious of hazardous materials being delivered to their home addressed to a name OTHER THAN their son's name (which is what would presumably happen if he was using an alias to place the orders).

Contrast that to this:

Butler County District Attorney Rich Goldinger said the Secret Service was told local police couldn't be responsible for securing the AGR building during the Trump rally.

"I don't know whose responsibility that building was," Goldinger said. "But someone should have been there."

"It was indicated we did not have the manpower to take that task on, as well, based on our number of officers on duty," Butler Township manager Tom Knights said.

Knights confirmed that message was sent to the Secret Service two days before the Trump rally. Butler Township also told the Secret Service that its team could only handle traffic control. KDKA-TV learned the Secret Service never responded to those messages.

Red bolding mine.

First bolded : That should have been rectified long before allowing former president Trump to get on that stage !

Second bolded : As far as I know, there hasn't been a response from the secret service in regards to that statement about the messages being relayed ?

Not good, not good at all, in my opinion.

The investigation isn't over, but the bulk of responsibility for the former president and the attendees should've been with the best people trained to handle such an event -- the secret service.
Imo.
Omo.

Last edited:

From the article -

FBI officials stressed that while their investigation is trying to establish a timeline for Crooks’ actions, it is not aimed at ascertaining whether Secret Service personnel or other law enforcement acted appropriately or whether their policies and procedures need changes.

“We’re not investigating, from the FBI standpoint, or evaluating, what was done correctly or incorrectly by any protective service or other law enforcement agency in regard to security planning, posture or execution,” FBI Deputy Director Paul Abbate said, noting several announced congressional reviews and a panel created by the Department of Homeland Security.

"We were supposed to get a face-to-face briefing with the Secret Service snipers whenever they arrived, and that never happened," Jason Woods, a Beaver County SWAT lead sharpshooter, told ABC News.

The Beaver County SWAT team told ABC News that though some security team was on-site days earlier, that team never met with them, as is protocol.
[…]

Sergeant Gregory Nicol of the Monaca Police Department also spoke during the ABC News interview, saying, "We had a text group between the local snipers that were on scene. I sent those pictures out to that group and advised them of what I noticed and what I had seen."

I'm starting to wonder if the Secret Service did not meet with them because they knew from text messages it was not enough coverage. Moo

There needs to be a tape recording of this interview with a copy immediately to President Trump, as I've noticed that tapes under the DOJ often show up missing. Also, President Trump needs to have a witness with him at the interview, he should not do this "victim's interview" alone.

JMO
I feel confident Trump would have his attorney present
I know I would. Moo

We will know more about this after the hearing tomorrow. I believe this branch is able to issue subpoenas but I’m not 100%.
Yes, all congressional committees are able to issue subpoenas and they can issue an arrest warrant for failure to comply.

Contempt of Congress[1] is the misdemeanor act of obstructing the work of the United States Congress or one of its committees. Historically, the bribery of a U.S. senator or U.S. representative was considered contempt of Congress. In modern times, contempt of Congress has generally applied to the refusal to comply with a subpoena issued by a congressional committee or subcommittee—usually seeking to compel either testimony or the production of requested documents.[2]

“The published text messages show that a local countersniper first noticed a man, who was later identified as Crooks, loitering in the area where the countersnipers were set up more than 90 minutes before the shooting occurred.

Swat team says it had no contact with Secret Service before Trump rally shooting
Read more

The Times reported that at 4.26pm, the countersniper alerted his colleagues of Crooks, and that he had parked near their vehicles and was sitting on a picnic table near the warehouse, where several countersnipers were, outside the fenced area of the grounds where Trump would be appearing later.

The countersniper told his colleagues that Crooks knew they were there and saw him leaving with his rifle.

“One of the countersnipers took pictures of Crooks and the photos were shared in a group chat and another text went out among the local officers at 5.38pm, saying they should inform the Secret Service, per the New York Times.

There needs to be a tape recording of this interview with a copy immediately to President Trump, as I've noticed that tapes under the DOJ often show up missing. Also, President Trump needs to have a witness with him at the interview, he should not do this "victim's interview" alone.

JMO

Is it anyone's opinion Trump should have a lawyer as witness in the interview?

Perhaps this should be done?

JMO

I'm not saying that person did a bad job, just that there should have been someone to take over from them at 4pm. Not have a reduced team as the event was starting.
No one has said when either of the other two snipers in the building went on duty. I suspect one of them may have been a replacement for the one going off duty.

In my opinion, the SS agents immediately around Trump did their jobs very well. Most were dressed similar to him so once they surrounded him you could only identify Trump by his head when he stood up. The rest of his body blended in perfectly with the SS agents.

In my opinion, SS oversight of the event itself was near complete negligence. Whether they used outside resources or not, they should have made sure every possible shooting position was covered and all communication lines open. They did neither. Is it coincidence that what was probably, in my opinion, the best position to shoot Trump from was not secured?

Is it anyone's opinion Trump should have a lawyer as witness in the interview?

Perhaps this should be done?

JMO

Gosh I hope so, I don’t see any reason not to. The political tension is off the charts and will be for the next 100 days so it’s important that words don’t take on a life of their own.

Here's some more information. First up is a mutual aid agreement with Butler County ESU. Amongst other things from the agreement:
Officers are to be assigned to the ESU on a voluntary basis. Any compensation for time spent during incidents or training shall be between the officer and his / her home department.
Now according to the Butler County DA those at the event through the ESU were volunteers both literally as well as figurative - they weren't being paid - and they did their jobs:
“These ESU officers and all of the other ESU officers, volunteered their time to be present for the rally to assist the Secret Service. They performed the duties to which they were assigned.”

This is really all the more reason to be very careful in relying upon local LE as you can run into situations like this where the people charged with defending a former President against a potential Iranian assassination plot are literally unpaid volunteers. This could also explain the general lack of availability of local LE when you're wanting them to do something like this but not get paid for it...which the Secret Service then blaming these unpaid volunteers kind of proves the police who didn't sign up to be correct in avoiding it. I don't think Cheatle knowingly blamed unpaid volunteers, but knowing all the peculiarities and intricacies of thousands of jurisdictions is not something you can expect of the Secret Service either, so the Secret Service should be covering the high risk areas instead of unknowingly leaving a high risk to position to some uncompensated volunteers...this also by the way can explain why one of the snipers left at 4 PM - however long they were there was as much of their time they were willing to donate to engage in stressful unpaid work.

No one has said when either of the other two snipers in the building went on duty. I suspect one of them may have been a replacement for the one going off duty.

In my opinion, the SS agents immediately around Trump did their jobs very well. Most were dressed similar to him so once they surrounded him you could only identify Trump by his head when he stood up. The rest of his body blended in perfectly with the SS agents.

In my opinion, SS oversight of the event itself was near complete negligence. Whether they used outside resources or not, they should have made sure every possible shooting position was covered and all communication lines open. They did neither. Is it coincidence that what was probably, in my opinion, the best position to shoot Trump from was not secured?
What are the chances that someone (SS being part of Homeland Security, under Mayorkis) decided to leave the opportunity for murder wide open and some local kid just happened to show up with killing on his mind? There are no coincidences and while I don't know who planned the failed assassination, resulting in Cory's murder, I don't want any of those people in charge of investigating.

Wow! From the video LE was alerted and surrounding the building, for at least 3-1/2 minutes before the first shots were fired. And I have no idea how long this had been going on before the guy started filming so it could have been more than 3-1/2 minutes.

You can hear President Trump speaking and no one thought to remove him from the stage?

I will add - the guy that filmed said he had his phone taken and he was handcuffed and arrested.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back