PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances that someone (SS being part of Homeland Security, under Mayorkis) decided to leave the opportunity for murder wide open and some local kid just happened to show up with killing on his mind? There are no coincidences and while I don't know who planned the failed assassination, resulting in Cory's murder, I don't want any of those people in charge of investigating.

It seems to happen every now and then, like with Reagan. The USSS screwed up with Reagan by allowing him to walk right by an unsearched crowd, which happened to have someone who wanted to assassinate Reagan.

On News Nation now:
Case being covered. He has some sort of manifest that he is going to show.

Color coded diagram of who was supposed to be where.

New photos

The Secret Service isn't in charge of investigations, it's not their responsibility. They're security. The FBI, Homeland Security, etc. are the ones who are tasked with and have the tools to do the investigation. SS cooperates in the investigation with them, but they're not the ones who gather evidence, get search warrants, conduct tests, etc. That's FBI. They do conduct background checks, etc. on people who will be close to the government official.

It's normal for FBI to answer all the investigation questions. As for Trump, I assume it's up to him and his campaign and the health care provider to answer questions about his wounds or defer to the FBI for anything more specific.

ETA: I remember when Bobby Kennedy was assassinated during his campaign for president. The person who held the press conference was his campaign's press secretary - Frank Mankiewicz. Mr. Mankiewicz, who was a private citizen and also a personal friend of Bobby's, would come out to a press huddle in front of the hospital to give updates on Mr. Kennedy's condition. I think the doctor came out at one time, too, to answer questions. (He was also the father of Josh Mankiewicz from Dateline NBC.

ap090211022885_custom-8f480033b0920dd1513825c82a060021b4e5f054.jpg
It looks like the FBI will not be looking at any failures made by the Secret Service.
FBI officials stressed that while their investigation is trying to establish a timeline for Crooks’ actions, it is not aimed at ascertaining whether Secret Service personnel or other law enforcement acted appropriately or whether their policies and procedures need changes.
Hopefully Congress and others will look closely at the Secret Service to find the cause and solutions to their failure at the Butler Rally.

“We’re not investigating, from the FBI standpoint, or evaluating, what was done correctly or incorrectly by any protective service or other law enforcement agency in regard to security planning, posture or execution,” FBI Deputy Director Paul Abbate said, noting several announced congressional reviews and a panel created by the Department of Homeland Security.

Here's some more information. First up is a mutual aid agreement with Butler County ESU. Amongst other things from the agreement:
Officers are to be assigned to the ESU on a voluntary basis. Any compensation for time spent during incidents or training shall be between the officer and his / her home department.
Now according to the Butler County DA those at the event through the ESU were volunteers both literally as well as figurative - they weren't being paid - and they did their jobs:
“These ESU officers and all of the other ESU officers, volunteered their time to be present for the rally to assist the Secret Service. They performed the duties to which they were assigned.”

This is really all the more reason to be very careful in relying upon local LE as you can run into situations like this where the people charged with defending a former President against a potential Iranian assassination plot are literally unpaid volunteers. This could also explain the general lack of availability of local LE when you're wanting them to do something like this but not get paid for it...which the Secret Service then blaming these unpaid volunteers kind of proves the police who didn't sign up to be correct in avoiding it. I don't think Cheatle knowingly blamed unpaid volunteers, but knowing all the peculiarities and intricacies of thousands of jurisdictions is not something you can expect of the Secret Service either, so the Secret Service should be covering the high risk areas instead of unknowingly leaving a high risk to position to some uncompensated volunteers...this also by the way can explain why one of the snipers left at 4 PM - however long they were there was as much of their time they were willing to donate to engage in stressful unpaid work.
That's really strange. I work at a university and work with campaign organizers who bring candidates to our campus during presidential election years. Our local LE are paid by the campaign, not by the city or SS. We build the total cost of the rally on our campus (including campus LE, local LE and state LE) into what we charge the campaign to hold the event- both Republican and Democrat rallies/campaigns, and we work with city and state entities to do so. There may be LE who volunteer to work the event, but they are compensated for it through the politician's campaign through a signed contract ahead of time. The costs are spelled out and negotiated ahead of time with the campaign leads.

ETA: There is only one check or other form of payment provided from the campaign to the university, and we distribute the payments to others who also provided resources for the event, such as local and state LE, etc.

Last edited:
Here's some more information. First up is a mutual aid agreement with Butler County ESU. Amongst other things from the agreement:
Officers are to be assigned to the ESU on a voluntary basis. Any compensation for time spent during incidents or training shall be between the officer and his / her home department.
Now according to the Butler County DA those at the event through the ESU were volunteers both literally as well as figurative - they weren't being paid - and they did their jobs:
“These ESU officers and all of the other ESU officers, volunteered their time to be present for the rally to assist the Secret Service. They performed the duties to which they were assigned.”

This is really all the more reason to be very careful in relying upon local LE as you can run into situations like this where the people charged with defending a former President against a potential Iranian assassination plot are literally unpaid volunteers. This could also explain the general lack of availability of local LE when you're wanting them to do something like this but not get paid for it...which the Secret Service then blaming these unpaid volunteers kind of proves the police who didn't sign up to be correct in avoiding it. I don't think Cheatle knowingly blamed unpaid volunteers, but knowing all the peculiarities and intricacies of thousands of jurisdictions is not something you can expect of the Secret Service either, so the Secret Service should be covering the high risk areas instead of unknowingly leaving a high risk to position to some uncompensated volunteers...this also by the way can explain why one of the snipers left at 4 PM - however long they were there was as much of their time they were willing to donate to engage in stressful unpaid work.
The US Secret Service budget for 2023 was close to three billion dollars and they can't get their own agents to do the job? This is absurd.

Wow! From the video LE was alerted and surrounding the building, for at least 3-1/2 minutes before the first shots were fired. And I have no idea how long this had been going on before the guy started filming so it could have been more than 3-1/2 minutes.

You can hear President Trump speaking and no one thought to remove him from the stage?

I will add - the guy that filmed said he had his phone taken and he was handcuffed and arrested.

imo
BBM

While the guy wandering around setting up his shot with a range finder wasn't.

Good questions.
I don’t think his behavior fell in the category of criminal. What I understand is there were questions about how he managed the White House medical unit — a Navy command issue. At retirement the Navy demoted him from admiral to captain. That in itself is true punishment for a man whose career was serving in the military for some 30 years. OMO.

He was WH physician for both President Trump and President Obama.

The US Secret Service budget for 2023 was close to three billion dollars and they can't get their own agents to do the job? This is absurd.
How did a federal agency whose annual budget has swelled to $3 billion fail to stop an amateur assailant like Thomas Matthew Crooks?

Rep. James Comer, chairman of the House Oversight committee, has said after the assassination attempt that the Secret Service's annual budget "is more than enough" to provide adequate protection.
"We want to know who's at fault for what happened," the Kentucky Republican said.
I would also like to know who's at fault.

Hey Everyone,
Closing the thread down for the night. It will reopen in the morning.
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members