PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

This article was just published by Washington Post. Basically it says local LE “shot at” Crooks first. Then the SS sniper neutralized him. Again this is from Washington Post

I am searching for credible audio now from the rally just to try to hear the shot described

I completely agree this needs to be investigated by unbiased party(s). There’s a lot of finger pointing and now use of “protocols” and word salads being tossed about by everyone involved. Someone did not do their job that day. Or more. And should be accountable. Period
“credible audio now from the rally just to try to hear the shot” : listen to Gray Hughes Investigates on You Tube. [BBM]

He would have been only 15 and 16 during that time! Yikes if true.
They still need verify.
I'm waiting on the verification, but 15, 16 is young enough to still be "trying on" personalities. Back in my day, you might have gotten busted in young adulthood for cringy adolescent choices if you never threw out that literature, record album, journal entry. Now, if a younger teen develops a web page then realizes they are not that person, it could live on.

It is sad, though, that he was exposed to that kind of hate such that he'd repeat it. If it was him.

MOO

I am astonished that they pulled agents from Trump to switch to Jill Biden. It has been reported that she had 12 agents assigned to her indoor speech, as opposed to 3 assigned to Trumps outdoor rally. Wow, that is really the proof of why the SS didn't care about Trump's security. MOO

The agents pulled were for her airport arrival. Im betting a significant number to cover her and her team getting off the plane with media present.
Moo

Yes, and whether we like it or not, an incumbent and family members of an incumbent are priority #1 and will receive the most security.

Therefore, IMO the problem was not that Trump was not prioritized over Jill Biden. The problems are what we already have learned….inadequate personnel for the type of venue, too small of a perimeter, and especially the faulty communications between SS and the local LE.

In 2024, communications should be flawless. We have so many ways to keep in contact that didn’t exist for earlier assassinations or attempts.

In a different situation, on 9/11, so many firefighters died needlessly in the WTC because their radio repeaters couldn’t connect that high up and they couldn’t hear their commanders’ calls to leave the towers.

This is not that situation, but I mention it because lessons from disasters often lead to improvements for “next time.” They didn’t need radio repeaters in this situation, but clear and faultless methods of contact should have been in place. All SS and LE should have known what to do and where to be at all times.

ALSO:
***********************************************************************************************
So this kid had a rangefinder for fishing. On a roof in a field. That should have rung the bells as suspicious just for being out of place.
************************************************************************************************
IMO

Last edited:
I am astonished that they pulled agents from Trump to switch to Jill Biden. It has been reported that she had 12 agents assigned to her indoor speech, as opposed to 3 assigned to Trumps outdoor rally. Wow, that is really the proof of why the SS didn't care about Trump's security. MOO

Its unreal. It’s a dangerous thing to do when you are supposed to be premium protection for the candidate. It doesn’t end there though because every person who is attending the rally is also in danger.

How do you make a decision about who is going to be vulnerable that day? ‘Let’s do 12 over there, 12 in that location and 3 here’. That is unacceptable.

The real bombshell came from Senator Blackburn. She stated the committee had received a letter from a secret service sniper. The sniper has been with the agency over 20 years and was a former Marine. He discussed in detail the fractured agency. He stated since the event everyone was trying to cover their b utt.

The email was deleted off "the server" she did not define what server the Congressional server or the secret service server. She specifically asked and the committee approved her request for Rowe to disclose who deleted email from the server.

He was caught off guard. He did admit to knowing about the letter, the content and that it was deleted from a secured server.

She also stated there have been many whistleblower that have come forth to the committee.

There's clearly much more information the judicial and Homeland Security Congressional members have knowledge than publicly released.

Moo...
Another Wow! It seems like the SS will not disclose anything until someone else questions it, then they either admit or don't answer. If he knows about the letter, then he knows who deleted it or ordered it to be deleted. But why would it be deleted unless it's true? Who wants the truth to be hidden? This should be where the investigation continues. MOO

I just heard on radio news that the FBI has stated that they are only investigating the criminal aspect of the shooting at the President Trump rally, not the actions of the Secret Service regarding the planning and organization of the event.

If this is true, then it's a good thing that Congress is investigating, otherwise you have the SS investigating themselves.
I ask how is Congress investigating the actions of our Secret Service? To my knowledge Congress does not have an investigative branch of employees. Congress can request or even subpoenas SS employees to come before Congress and testify, but this does not replace the need for a true independent investigative team. That would require funding. IMO our federal agencies do not fear being investigated simply because they are the Feds, so therefore who is going to investigate us. If an independent commission is established to investigate this assassination attempt it will probably be similar to the Warren Commission or the 911 Commission. Both of which were very dependent on the FBI and other Federal investigators.

Hey Everyone,
We are closing the thread for the night. It will reopen in the morning.
Tricia

A Secret Service sniper claims that another assassination attempt against a presidential candidate seems inevitable before Election Day because the attack on former President Donald Trump exposed the weakness in Secret Service security, according to a scathing letter circulating within the agency.

“This agency NEEDS to change, if not now, WHEN? The NEXT assassination attempt in 30 days?” read the letter, first published by RealClearPolitics.

“We all SHOULD expect another attempt to happen before November. We’ve exposed our inability to protect our leaders due to our leadership.”

I must say, above all else, I absolutely despise this pathetic game of hot potato some (not necessarily here, but in the media) are playing with this, trying to force this kid on one side or the other to make them wear it.

While I get that it can shed light on motive, there is no good to come from blaming his actions on "a side". All politicians, pundits, and tv personalities bear responsibility when it comes to their actions and words and the influence they have on the public.

Calling out violence used to be a non-partisan issue. Now it's just another cheap political tactic.

"This agency needs to change, and if not now, when? The next assassination in 30 days?" Blackburn read from an email, reportedly sent by a Secret Service counter sniper, during a Senate hearing involving testimony from Acting U.S. Secret Service (USSS) Director Ronald Rowe and FBI Deputy Director Paul Abbate.

Blackburn also read the last portion of the email, obtained by Real Clear Politics reporter Susan Crabtree and reportedly sent within the agency by the counter sniper, stating that the "motto" of the USSS is "CYA," an acronym for "cover your a--."

There are conflicting reports regarding the social media posts.

We'll see what the investigation reveals. The FBI memo about the GAB (whatever that is) account doesn't say anything about the content of Crooks postings.

SS says the account they're investigating contained a lot of anti-semitic posts. Crooks was possibly posting in these hard to find account for reasons of confidentiality. That would be logical if he was posting anti-semitic and neo Nazi content. Hiding opinions seems less logical if he was posting about allowing immigrants to come to the US for asylum.

I just watched Gray Hughes video from yesterday about the SS testimony and analysis. It pretty much confirms what I've taken away from the media reports from SS and local LE. The testimony fills in some gaps in understanding how the local LE sniper team in the second building should have been able to see Cross climbing on the roof from their window. It's obvious the SS could not see from their vantage point.

The point about the number of shots fired and the SS sniper on the rooftop farthest from the shooter was the one who fired the shot that killed Crooks is also accurate. It was confirmed last week by SS.

Overall, I think everyone tried their best. No one needs to be fired. Just stop having outdoor events. There are too many military grade weapons and ammo available w/o restrictions to the general public these days. It's too easy for people with mental illness to access these weapons of war, become proficient in their use and conceal them as they enter public areas where they kill large numbers of people indiscriminately and with great accuracy. This situation exists in every community these days.

He would have been only 15 and 16 during that time! Yikes if true.
They still need verify.
They really have no clue yet. TMC might have been just trying to fit in like many kids do, or they might not have even been his accounts. So far, the information conflicts.

During the hearing, Abbate explained to Senators that the FBI discovered two different social media accounts that they believe may belong to Crooks. According to Abbate, one account shared "antisemitic" topics and thoughts, but a second account on the platform Gab, shared "differing points of view."

Not directed at your post, but bouncing off your post with regard to the issue of "trees" in the way of one of the SS countersniper teams.

Whatever the size of the trees or number of trees, the SS would have had to do a thorough walk-through and analysis of the perimeter and area around the perimeter and if there was a roof in line of sight of the stage and podium, then they would immediately have known that it was an opportunity for a sniper and therefore needed high security. The Acting Director of the Secret Service said today that he went on that roof and lay in a prone position and said he felt ashamed.

He didn't say there was a tree in the way, but that he felt ashamed. That says it all, imo.

He also said they discussed with local LE who were going to be in the adjacent building that they needed to watch the roof of that building from their position.

Those snipers should have checked the roof from their window and alerted SS immediately as soon as they saw him. They already knew there was a strange guy outside who knew they were there, after being alerted by the local LE who left at the end of his shift.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back