PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This whole issue of communication among law enforcement entities at major events and during major crises just really makes me angry. This has been discussed for years now, and it still seems like little progress has been made.

In 2007, after the Virginia Tech campus shooting that killed 33 people, task forces were formed in states across the country to address campus safety and issues that we learned from the Virginia Tech mass shooting. At the time, I was working at a university in Ohio and was appointed to represent our university on the Governor's Task Force on Campus Safety that was established immediately after the Virginia Tech incident. We had many statewide meetings, including meetings with leaders from Virginia Tech's campus security team. One of the things that came up at these meetings, over and over again, was the need for improved and coordinated communication abilities among different law enforcement agencies. That was in 2007. It is now 2024. And the SS are still having this problem? Seventeen (17) years ago the communications problem among various LE entities in crisis events was highlighted as needing to be resolved. I find it amazing that it is still a problem among SS and state LE and local LE. It should be obvious and a no-brainer that this is critical - one of the most critical issues - for law enforcement in a crisis situation that they plan for when providing protection for our presidents and other VIP leaders.
I find this mystifying. How hard is it to give everyone radios and get everyone on the same channel? Isn't that what police depts do?

I find this mystifying. How hard is it to give everyone radios and get everyone on the same channel? Isn't that what police depts do?
Based on how effective (and quick) alert spectators using their loud voices were at drawing LE attention to the shooter on the roof, even having MEGAPHONES would have served better than what the SS was using that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back