PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gah, paywall. :(

I can read it (hmm... likely a fluke). I'll share some here:

The Post examination also shows that communication between the Secret Service and the local police was disjointed and time-consuming, helping to explain why Secret Service agents closest to Trump were taken by surprise when gunfire erupted. On two occasions, a local officer inside the Butler County command post had to relay information about Crooks to the Secret Service hub by cellphone — on a day when cell service was balky and unreliable.

That method was too slow when seconds counted. A local police officer spotted Crooks on a rooftop with a gun and radioed in to the local command center that he was “armed” approximately 30 seconds before the shooting, according to the transcript of the radio communications and Secret Service officials, but that message was not passed on to the Secret Service command post before Crooks started shooting, the agency has acknowledged.

Patrick Young, commander of the Beaver County Emergency Services Unit, which supplied local officers to secure the rally, said that it’s important that law enforcement agencies share one command post where information can be received and transmitted quickly.

“All the key stakeholders should be in the same room,” Young said in an interview. “That alleviates any communications problems.”

After trying to lay blame on local LE and looking ahead at what they have to cover at events and rallies i think they knew they had to take the heat for their mistakes because too many ppl had the video evidence and ppl that spoke out about what they saw.
You're suggesting they had to come clean because there is too much cellphone footage to keep stonewalling and lying. Except they haven't really come clean, IMHO.
Local LE at the future events that SS has to cover may not want to work with them if this is the way SS operates.
This is the way SS operates.
I don't think local LE can opt out of an event occurring in their jurisdiction, with the people they are sworn to serve and protect at risk - just sitting ducks. This needs to be fixed, now. I promise you that some very bad people took notice of how easy it was to get rounds within milimeters of all out chaos.

And, from the WaPo article linked above:

A Pennsylvania State Police spokesman stressed that state troopers were acting in a supporting role and referred questions to the Secret Service.
At a news conference Friday, acting Secret Service director Ronald Rowe Jr. acknowledged that there were separate communications hubs that did not effectively share information in vital moments. “There might have been radio traffic that we missed. We have to be better on that,” he said.

I can read it (hmm... likely a fluke). I'll share some here:

The Post examination also shows that communication between the Secret Service and the local police was disjointed and time-consuming, helping to explain why Secret Service agents closest to Trump were taken by surprise when gunfire erupted. On two occasions, a local officer inside the Butler County command post had to relay information about Crooks to the Secret Service hub by cellphone — on a day when cell service was balky and unreliable.

That method was too slow when seconds counted. A local police officer spotted Crooks on a rooftop with a gun and radioed in to the local command center that he was “armed” approximately 30 seconds before the shooting, according to the transcript of the radio communications and Secret Service officials, but that message was not passed on to the Secret Service command post before Crooks started shooting, the agency has acknowledged.

Patrick Young, commander of the Beaver County Emergency Services Unit, which supplied local officers to secure the rally, said that it’s important that law enforcement agencies share one command post where information can be received and transmitted quickly.

“All the key stakeholders should be in the same room,” Young said in an interview. “That alleviates any communications problems.”
<Snipped for focus>

... it’s important that law enforcement agencies share one command post where information can be received and transmitted quickly.

So there was no unified command post. And no one commander of a unified command post.

Butler County declined a request from the USA TODAY Network for a full copy of the autopsy results, citing the state’s record law that specifically exempts it. It is unknown whether officials tested Crooks for chemicals or medications as is standard in autopsy examinations.

As someone who is multigenerational local LE I was extremely offended by that. You can't put it on local LE to defend against a Iranian assassination plot to kill a current or former President. That's just so far out of scope and training, that regardless of how good local LE is at being local LE you can't put that on their shoulders.

They on one hand told local LE to deal with that section, but on the other hand they threw local LE under the bus for dealing with that section. I'm specifically referring to the sniper briefly leaving their position - while it was still occupied by another sniper - because the Suspicious Person wasn't being tracked and other local LE in that section hadn't seen that person, so the one who spotted him tried to find him to re-acquire the Suspicious Person. The local LE were trying to protect the section and it's not like the USSS said they'd dispatch an agent there, which they apparently distinctly wouldn't send an agent to investigate in that section. Local LE dealt with the situation as they saw fit since the USSS wouldn't deal with, so the USSS has no business criticizing local LE for trying to proactively deal with the situation that USSS forced them to deal with alone.

Not blaming local LE at all, it’s all on SS as far as I am concerned. Father was cop 32 years. Its SS who should have had the agr building. Period

I didn’t like cheatle or rowe (at the hearing) trying to shuffle blame on them.

It’s my opinion that rowe, rojek and who ever made the decision on the site plan should go as well.

Thats just me, I’m a hard azz.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back