PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Didn’t cheatle say that the secret service only keeps recordings of radio traffic in DC?

The morning of the shooting, officials said Crooks bought ammunition at Allegheny Arms & Gun Works, which is a mile from his Bethel Park home.
Outside the gun store are multiple security cameras. Action News Investigates asked the property owner to review the video but they did not respond.

This is not the fault of the store, imo.
Just pointing that out.

Also, on the morning of the rally and shooting, officials said Crooks went to Home Depot to buy a step ladder. Authorities said he used that ladder to climb onto the roof of a building about 400 feet from the podium at the Butler Farm Show, where Trump was speaking.

The FBI said it hopes to get more answers after unlocking Crooks' cellphone.
Local law enforcement officers had spotted a suspicious-looking man pacing near the metal detectors and circulated but ultimately lost track of Crooks before he scaled the roof of a building at AGR International Inc. Shortly before the shooting, a local officer climbed up to the roof to investigate. Crooks turned and pointed his rifle at the officer, who retreated.
Red bolding mine.

Was the ladder found ? I've not been able to find a source saying it was. Sorry if I've missed it.
When the local LE climbed up and was confronted by Crooks -- did he use the ladder ?

The reason I feel it's of interest is that if the ladder is nowhere to be found -- did someone else move it ?

Second bolded : How unfortunate the fbi has not been able to unlock that phone.
Maybe get some experts on it ? There could be a wealth of information on TC's device !
Imo.
Omo.

The morning of the shooting, officials said Crooks bought ammunition at Allegheny Arms & Gun Works, which is a mile from his Bethel Park home.
Outside the gun store are multiple security cameras. Action News Investigates asked the property owner to review the video but they did not respond.

Just pointing that out.

Also, on the morning of the rally and shooting, officials said Crooks went to Home Depot to buy a step ladder. Authorities said he used that ladder to climb onto the roof of a building about 400 feet from the podium at the Butler Farm Show, where Trump was speaking.

Local law enforcement officers had spotted a suspicious-looking man pacing near the metal detectors and circulated but ultimately lost track of Crooks before he scaled the roof of a building at AGR International Inc. Shortly before the shooting, a local officer climbed up to the roof to investigate. Crooks turned and pointed his rifle at the officer, who retreated.
Red bolding mine.

Was the ladder found ? I've not been able to find a source saying it was. Sorry if I've missed it.
When the local LE climbed up and was confronted by Crooks -- did he use the ladder ?

The reason I feel it's of interest is that if the ladder is nowhere to be found -- did someone else move it ?

Maybe get some experts on it ? There could be a wealth of information on TC's device !
Imo.
Omo.

If I remember correctly from earlier posts, Crooks didn't take the ladder to Butler, it was found beside his family's home, so sounds like he decided not to take it.

Also, the FBI was able to unlock Crooks' phone and accessed one or more email accounts and/or apps. But some of the apps are encrypted in foreign countries and the FBI is working with Israeli tech experts to access these foreign email accounts and/or apps. This is my understanding of the latest news that has been reported on that.

Edited to add: The name of the software company that is working with the FBI is Cellbrite. Here is some info' on that Israeli tech company that works with law enforcement.

Cellebrite DI Ltd. is an Israeli digital intelligence company that provides tools for federal, state, and local law enforcement as well as enterprise companies and service providers to collect, review, analyze and manage digital data. Wikipedia

Last edited:

Just pointing that out.

Red bolding mine.

Imo.
Omo.
Just my opinion, however, in the beginning the ladder was reported to have been found next to the street in front of or near Crook's home. So, how did he use it to climb onto the roof? Also, they reported earlier that he climbed up by using the exterior air conditioning equipment and pipes.

Just my opinion, however, in the beginning the ladder was reported to have been found next to the street in front of or near Crook's home. So, how did he use it to climb onto the roof? Also, they reported earlier that he climbed up by using the exterior air conditioning equipment and pipes.
Bbm.
Thanks !

If I remember correctly from earlier posts, Crooks didn't take the ladder to Butler, it was found beside his family's home, so sounds like he decided not to take it.

Also, the FBI was able to unlock Crooks' phone and accessed one or more email accounts and/or apps. But some of the apps are encrypted in foreign countries and the FBI is working with Israeli tech experts to access these foreign email accounts and/or apps. This is my understanding of the latest news that has been reported on that.

Edited to add: The name of the software company that is working with the FBI is Cellbrite. Here is some info' on that Israeli tech company that works with law enforcement.

Cellebrite DI Ltd. is an Israeli digital intelligence company that provides tools for federal, state, and local law enforcement as well as enterprise companies and service providers to collect, review, analyze and manage digital data. Wikipedia
I was just about to comment that I thought I had read that the FBI indicated they had gotten into the phone. Is this an iphone? Brings to memory the battle the FBI had with Apple about getting access to phones which Apple refused.

Bbm.
Ok, I was also looking for a msm link ; which is prob. in one of the earlier posts/threads.
Thanks.
Cellebrite was discussed in a previous thread and I'll go back to catch up.
Omo.

I was just about to comment that I thought I had read that the FBI indicated they had gotten into the phone. Is this an iphone? Brings to memory the battle the FBI had with Apple about getting access to phones which Apple refused.

It's a newer model Samsung phone.

Bloomberg UK had an article on how Cellbrite helped the FBI to access the phone, I will try to find a link that works.

The local FBI bureau in Pittsburgh held a license for Cellebrite software, which lets law enforcement identify or bypass a phone’s passcode. But it didn’t work with Crooks’ device, according to the people, who said the deceased shooter owned a newer Samsung model that runs Android’s operating system.

The agents called Cellebrite’s federal team, which liaises with law enforcement and government agencies, according to the people. Within hours, Cellebrite transferred to the FBI in Quantico, Virginia, additional technical support and new software that was still being developed. The details about the unsuccessful initial attempt to access the phone, and the unreleased software, haven’t been previously reported. Once the FBI had the Cellebrite software update, unlocking the phone took 40 minutes, according to reporting in the Washington Post, which first detailed the FBI’s use of Cellebrite.

It can take seconds, days or even years to unlock a mobile phone, depending on the complexity of the owner’s alphanumeric passcode. Cellebrite software can gain access to a phone through various methods, which include disabling a phone’s built-in mechanisms that block repeated passcode attempts, while simultaneously generating millions of codes to attempt entry. It’s unclear what method the FBI used to unlock Crooks’ phone.

We know from early reports that TC purchased a 5' ladder at Home Depot on Friday, and this ladder was later accounted for near his residence.

Unfortunately, I think we can blame the DM for starting, and repeating the misinformation that TC used the ladder to gain access to the low level building's rooftop after they ran an "Exclusive" photo of an 8' ladder (behind a bush) leaned against a building on the grounds.

I don't doubt there were several ladders AFTER the shooting when authorities spent days following the event searching for evidence. (I believe the infamous DM photo was from Sunday, not Saturday). MOO

Local SWAT team version of "Beaver Sniper Line of Sight", no kidding...
658760_5_.png

Reactions: byo
New evidence shared by multiple law enforcement officials also reveals that a ladder purchased by Crooks several hours before he opened fire and a backpack believed to have belonged to him have been located and are in the possession of federal authorities.

A man driving near the shooter’s home discovered the ladder and backpack on the side of the road, according to law enforcement sources from two separate agencies. The person reportedly saw the ladder in that location for several days before deciding to alert authorities.

Just heard on the news that several days ago Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook (Meta) called President Trump to apologize after Facebook wrongly mislabeled the now viral photo of Trump after being shot at the Butler rally. They labeled it as "misinformation" but have now corrected it. In addition, Meta's AI chatbox has been corrected, earlier it did not provide any information about the assassination attempt on President Trump.

Local SWAT team version of "Beaver Sniper Line of Sight", no kidding...
658760_5_.png

That seems consistent with how they appear to have understood their role, which they were using their perch to look for suspicious persons wandering around, did see suspicious persons wandering and reported them. This would be why the Secret Service should provide the snipers or otherwise thoroughly go over things that would otherwise be outside local LE's expertise and training, like this wasn't a hostage situation, so it seems like they took their mission to be eyes watching the grounds and to engage in possible high-risk arrests by trying to locate suspicious persons. Having 3rd party snipers seems very dicey if you're expecting them to actually shoot, like if you're looking for them to be Secret Service equivalent snipers rather than police officers on a perch, you could just as well have some local LE in an unfamiliar role kill some innocent person because they weren't sure how to act in a non-hostage situation where they were deployed as a sniper.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back