PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That seems consistent with how they appear to have understood their role, which they were using their perch to look for suspicious persons wandering around, did see suspicious persons wandering and reported them.
My suspicion is that local LE mistakenly thought the SS were at least borderline competent.

20 minutes passed between the time U.S. Secret Service snipers first spotted the gunman on a rooftop and the time shots were fired at the former president. Source

Why was Trump allowed to go onstage after SS snipers spotted Crooks on the roof?

Last edited:
My suspicion is that local LE mistakenly thought the SS were at least borderline competent.

20 minutes passed between the time U.S. Secret Service snipers first spotted the gunman on a rooftop and the time shots were fired at the former president. Source

Why was Trump allowed to go onstage after SS snipers spotted Crooks on the roof?

I think local LE was confused and frustrated, particularly as the day went on. With nobody from Butler ESU able to talk to the USSS, that's a huge difference from full time Secret Service snipers who have coms and specialized training. If I was local LE, I wouldn't think the Secret Service wanted me to do actual sniping especially when I couldn't get quick authorization from them to go shooting people without being thoroughly trained the protocols on killing people at Presidential events. Without easy access to the USSS, it seems like they treated themselves as scouts watching what was happening on the ground that would switch SWAT if something was happening on the ground, like to try and confront suspicious persons.

<snipped for focus>

My understanding from the various reporting is that the SS agents who are on President Trump's detail to protect him were not given any information about anyone spotting Crooks on the roof before they allowed President Trump to go to the podium/stage.

ETA So they put not only President Trump in danger, but also the SS agents who protect him. One of them (or more) could have also lost their lives.

Also, on the morning of the rally and shooting, officials said Crooks went to Home Depot to buy a step ladder. Authorities said he used that ladder to climb onto the roof of a building about 400 feet from the podium at the Butler Farm Show, where Trump was speaking.
The article is dated 7/16, much more factual information since. It was initially speculated he used the ladder at site.

The ladder was found near the home, per the FBI testimony ..
Judicial Congressional committee. Video up thread.
Moo

View from AGR second floor...
0a7d5540-4e9e-11ef-ab7f-e1d2e7bc97e9
This is a different window and was discussed during the judicial Congressional hearing.
If you look at the attached doc you will see their is no building infront of the sniper stationed.

Rowe did NOT meet with anyone local, not even the team lead. He did NOT meet with the SS team at this site. He ASSUMED he knew the location. In the diagrams, Rowe produced he showed three sniper teams covering from windows. The committee met with the officers involved prior to the Thursday meeting. SS has still NOT given anyone a copy of the sight plan.

Moo

Rowe's diagrams are near the beginning of the meeting.

It's the exact same window.

"Beaver Sniper Line of Sight" = the one on the easel behind Rowe

It looks like they slid the window open in order to take that photo.

Reactions: byo
It's the exact same window.

"Beaver Sniper Line of Sight" = the one on the easel behind Rowe

It looks like they slid the window open in order to take that photo.
It's NOT the window the sniper team was located. Rowe's diagrams are incorrect, moo. Later in the hearing, there's a discussion about his diagrams and accuracy. He mapped out what made him look good, and blamed the locals. The committee was quick to call him out.
He's not interviewed his SS staff, he's not met with anyone or spoke to anyone locally. How can he know where anybody was? Even the committee question why you didn't meet with the locals.

Moo....

@Simply Southern I quote from minute 43:00 in the video in your link, with the photo of the exact same window on the easel as the quote happens...
video @43:00 said:
This point of view is the point of view where the counter sniper team locally was posted.

Reactions: byo
How can he know where anybody was? Even the committee question why you didn't meet with the locals.
By looking at the exact same doc you looked at -- the local After Action pdf. This is inarguable, sorry.

That doc shows the building.
That doc has a label "Beaver Sniper Line of Sight".
Any investigator would take that doc and then say, next I need a photo looking out that window.

Yikes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back