PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JennieM

Reaction score
Donald Trump ducked at a rally as shots appeared to be fired at the former president.

Trump pumped a fist at the crowd and did not seem to severely injured as he walked on his own off the stage, surrounded by secret service.

The shooting unfolded as Trump addressed supporters at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania.

Thread #1. Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,
You are seeing many members on timeouts. We put up several warnings asking you not to post unapproved sources, not to post wild "facts" without linking to an approved source, and to stop being political. When members post things like this, it creates so much work for our mods because a ton of members report it. We have to check it out and deal with it again and again.
I don't like having to do this but I don't know how else to get our message across.
We want you to discuss, but you know the rules. It's why Websleuths is considered a reliable source for the public and law enforcement.
Thank you,
Tricia

My Friends,
I don't like taking my blood pressure medicine however, due to the fact that some members have been making blatant political posts about this situation has caused me to double my medication today.
WE DO NOT ALLOW POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS. This is about the horrific crime of an attempted assassination of a presidential candidate. Please keep on topic.
The on-topic discussion includes what is uncovered about the shooter. His information is relevant.
Thank you very much. My blood pressure thanks you as well.
Tricia

Friends, I attended Pres. Trump’s rally in Harrisburg and wish to report that our little group felt very safe, both during the more than five-hour wait outside and inside. LE were everywhere and it was most obvious that security was coordinated. There were several types of LE groups from mounted police and state troopers to local police force, in addition to SS and hired security guards who must also be required body builders. Their biceps were quite intimidating and they would periodically weave through our line to let people know their backpacks, purses, flagpoles, etc. would not be permitted inside. Some around me reported there were periodic drones above us but I never spotted them. I did not see any LE on rooftops, although Pres. Trump was not scheduled to be outside.

As it got closer to the time for DJT to speak, it became clear there was some kind of a security concern. SS who I recognized from Butler photos would periodically walk out on the stage, peering around and pointing as they conferred, and then go back behind stage. This happened over and over.

Other SS were systematically walking up and down each aisle looking us over. State troopers were stationed at the top of each passageway out to entrance hall. Periodically, combined groups of LE would rush over to a section of attendees on the floor and seemed to be questioning them. In between, clusters of police would wind among the seating sections.

The scheduled six o’clock speaking time long passed and finally a group of LE confronted someone in a previously questioned group and arrested her. Thursday, I saw reports headlined to the effect of “some old woman removed from Trump rally,” when in fact (my own observation) she appeared to be 35-40 years old, quite energetic, and was clearly resisting arrest.

Maybe more than you wanted to know. My point was to say, I think SS and LE did a fine job at this rally — hopefully an indication of good collaboration and the result of lessons learned, albeit very late.

All and only my personal observations.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpeg
    IMG_0037.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6017.jpeg
    IMG_6017.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Friends, I attended Pres. Trump’s rally in Harrisburg and wish to report that our little group felt very safe, both during the more than five-hour wait outside and inside. LE were everywhere and it was most obvious that security was coordinated. There were several types of LE groups from mounted police and state troopers to local police force, in addition to SS and hired security guards who must also be required body builders. Their biceps were quite intimidating and they would periodically weave through our line to let people know their backpacks, purses, flagpoles, etc. would not be permitted inside. Some around me reported there were periodic drones above us but I never spotted them. I did not see any LE on rooftops, although Pres. Trump was not scheduled to be outside.

As it got closer to the time for DJT to speak, it became clear there was some kind of a security concern. SS who I recognized from Butler photos would periodically walk out on the stage, peering around and pointing as they conferred, and then go back behind stage. This happened over and over.

Other SS were systematically walking up and down each aisle looking us over. State troopers were stationed at the top of each passageway out to entrance hall. Periodically, combined groups of LE would rush over to a section of attendees on the floor and seemed to be questioning them. In between, clusters of police would wind among the seating sections.

The scheduled six o’clock speaking time long passed and finally a group of LE confronted someone in a previously questioned group and arrested her. Thursday, I saw reports headlined to the effect of “some old woman removed from Trump rally,” when in fact (my own observation) she appeared to be 35-40 years old, quite energetic, and was clearly resisting arrest.

Maybe more than you wanted to know. My point was to say, I think SS and LE did a fine job at this rally — hopefully an indication of good collaboration and the result of lessons learned, albeit very late.

Thanks for the report! The indoor events allow them to be much more thorough in finding and preventing problems. Hope you enjoyed it in spite of it all.

Has there been any new information on the woman who was removed from the rally? TIA

Thank you for the great description of security at the latest campaign event for President Trump. Watching it live on tv, I also noticed that security around the stage seemed very tight. Even when President Trump invited the young artist onto the stage, SS seemed to want to search him before he ascended the stairs to the stage, although President Trump was waving him to come on up. The same with the social media influencer young woman that he spontaneously invited up to the podium, SS struggled with that unexpected change as well.

The one thing that really concerned me, however, was when the tv clip showed President Trump walking through the garage with his SS detail after the rally, presumably to get to his vehicle. It was eerily reminiscent of when RFK was shot while SS led him through the kitchen of the hotel where he was speaking in order to avoid the crowds and media. After seeing President Trump hit by an assassin's bullet, it was hard to watch and really nerve-wracking. I hope they don't show that kind of thing on television again. I wonder why media was allowed to be in there to film that live.

Looks like they're coming out of the woodwork now.
Christina Montoya, 41, of San Antonio, was charged with threats against Trump, with carrying a pistol without a license, and possession of an unregistered gun, according to the police documents.

Not sure what the "possession of an unregistered gun" charge is, there are no legal requirements to register guns. Must be some local ordinance.

Christina Montoya, 41, of San Antonio, was charged with threats against Trump, with carrying a pistol without a license, and possession of an unregistered gun, according to the police documents.

Not sure what the "possession of an unregistered gun" charge is, there are no legal requirements to register guns. Must be some local ordinance.

. Could mean she didn’t have the license on her, hubby has a silencer and has to have the license with him when he takes out to shot.

Jmo

Thanks for the report! The indoor events allow them to be much more thorough in finding and preventing problems. Hope you enjoyed it in spite of it all.

Has there been any new information on the woman who was removed from the rally? TIA

Not seeing much about circumstances but did find this.
IMG_0092.jpeg

WaPo...
radio @ 5:42 said:
Just an FYI, we had a younger white male, long hair, lurking around the AGR building. He was viewed with a range finder sighting the stage. We lost sight of him.
FYI actually tends to mean no action nor response is expected. Just an FYI is even more casual.

Sorry but the "was viewed" sentence is also terrible, as if the object noun of "with a range finder" is the narrator. I viewed it with my range finder.

text @ 6:00 said:
Not sure [direction of travel]. He was up against the building. If I had to guess towards the back. Away from the event.
Yikes, hindsight is 20/20 of course. But where is there curiosity* and diligence?

* lessee, somebody is detected and then moves...hmmm, criminals tend to do that for evasion purposes

Last edited:

In DC all guns must be registered. Certain jurisdictions honor gun registration from other states (like if you are visiting the state temporarily and happen to be carrying your firearm registered in another state) but many don’t. I think in most states the registration is not transferable so if you change domiciles, you probably need to reregister. That said, there are states that don’t require registration at all.

(I lived in DC until recently. It is virtually impossible to get through the bureaucracy of registering a firearm there so I feel certain there are many unregistered weapons within the city limits.)

OMO.

Last edited:
WaPo...

FYI actually tends to mean no action nor response is expected. Just an FYI is even more casual.

Sorry but the "was viewed" sentence is also terrible, as if the object noun of "with a range finder" is the narrator. I viewed it with my range finder.

Yikes, hindsight is 20/20 of course. But where is there curiosity* and diligence?

* lessee, somebody is detected and then moves...hmmm, criminals tend to do that for evasion purposes

The one who spotted him went to go find him since none of the other LE found him, then was subsequently thrown under the bus by the Secret Service for exercising curiosity and diligence.

At 6:02 p.m., the same local sniper who first radioed in the message about the range finder was on the second floor of the building owned by Agr International. From a northwest window, facing away from the rally site, he glimpsed the suspect again just as Trump was preparing to take the podium.

“All right, subject is in between the AGR building. He has a backpack,” said Sgt. Greg Nicol, a Beaver County sniper. Nicol had been assigned to look out over the rally site from a window on the opposite side of the building, but he had moved to look for the suspect
Seems like WaPo is saying the snipers in these two paragraphs are partners that day. And seems like you (and me FWIW) are saying Nicol is the one who texted at 6:00.

Well, Nicol later goes "He just went towards the Sheetz." WaPo is saying at minimum it turned out he went the other way, and at maximum it turned out he was already on the roof.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85
Back