PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Related to the July 13th attempted assassination:

BREAKING: Hawley Unveils New Whistleblower Report Detailing Secret Service Failures Surrounding the Attempted Assassination of President Trump​

At 1 p.m., Acting Secret Service Director Ronald Rowe will brief the American people on the conclusions of our Mission Assurance investigation into the attempted assassination of former President Trump. An excerpt of his remarks is below and we will stream live on YouTube.

Is this a PR stunt?

Why have a PC when congressional committees can't get answers and being flooded with redacted reports and denied access to interviews those present on July 13th?

Is he going to tell us why he
continues to refuse SS agent interviews with a congressional committee?

Will he explain why he's stonewalling the Congressional committees?

Is this his attempt to campaign for permanent appointment as director?

Moo...
This is 100% PR, will bring NO information and conclude with "we are committed to a no failure motto".

Moo...PC Acting Dir Rowe, USSS...

We need more money for intelligence...no mention of more boots on the ground. Continues to refer to better accountability to local and state partners their responsibilities.

All agent must spend 4 to 5 years in a field office doing investigator work, much is financial crimes. (I disagree, we don't take years to train the military)

President has highest level utilizing the DOJ.

Her never stated clearly, if Trump was receiving the same level of service. Reporters ask in many ways and many times. Rowe always redirected.

Side note....seemed Congress is requesting information on usage for additional funding he is requesting.
Additional .... House pass yesterday (per reporter?) a bill requiring all former presidents to receive the same level of security as an acting president. Rowe's response,
Well they're getting it now.
Reporter drill down then why does Congress feel they're not?

Moo...A total PR stunt !!!! He had nothing new to share on 7/13, continues to blame local LE, refused to commit if additional resources have been requested and denied, stated he's still reviewing those from other sources.
Spoke of how hard agents are working, how proud he is, basically accepted no responsibility.

I hope Congress will take a hard look, and it's frequently been mentioned, to separate the Secret Service to protection services only. I think they can better accomplish their mission to protection services, better accountability and focus. Banking oversight requires tremendous manpower, resources and field offices. I just don't see how that is complementary of a Protection Service.

Ok fine, but who made the decision not to hook up with local le on communications?

I listened when a reporter asked that question. He asked about how that break down in communication happened between the PA state police person and the SS team. His answer was basically repeating the procedures the SS follows - that the PA state police are supposed to relay that information to the SS team. The reporter asked twice and he answered the same way both times.

My interpretation of that exchange was that the SS head was saying, in a diplomatic and non-accusatory fashion that the PA state police did not relay that information to the SS. They either didn't do it in time or they didn't do it at all.

SS will continue to have to work with PA state police as well as other state police. They probably don't want to poison those working relationships by making big public accusations on national tv.

JMO

Why? They could see each other
DJI-0968-3-1721688236.jpg

(src)
453219790_1405619170377042_6602711365892079255_n.jpg

(KDKA-TV)
Surely the sniper looking out this west-facing window would want all the other snipers to know (1) he's looking away from all the other snipers and (2) he's incapable of AGR ROOF OVERWATCH.

Today Rowe is trying to say planning ambiguity was the problem, well, when the USSS snipers took their positions atop the red barns, how could ambiguity remain? Isn't it part of the task to know where everybody else is? And communicate then and there (irrespective of prior planning) that a checklist item AGR ROOF OVERWATCH remains unchecked?

We need more money for intelligence...no mention of more boots on the ground. Continues to refer to better accountability to local and state partners their responsibilities.

All agent must spend 4 to 5 years in a field office doing investigator work, much is financial crimes. (I disagree, we don't take years to train the military)

Her never stated clearly, if Trump was receiving the same level of service. Reporters ask in many ways and many times. Rowe always redirected.

Side note....seemed Congress is requesting information on usage for additional funding he is requesting.
Additional .... House pass yesterday (per reporter?) a bill requiring all former presidents to receive the same level of security as an acting president. Rowe's response,

Moo...A total PR stunt !!!! He had nothing new to share on 7/13, continues to blame local LE, refused to commit if additional resources have been requested and denied, stated he's still reviewing those from other sources.
Spoke of how hard agents are working, how proud he is, basically accepted no responsibility.

I hope Congress will take a hard look, and it's frequently been mentioned, to separate the Secret Service to protection services only. I think they can better accomplish their mission to protection services, better accountability and focus. Banking oversight requires tremendous manpower, resources and field offices. I just don't see how that is complementary of a Protection Service.

I happened to be driving around running errands and heard most of it. The acting director did mention hiring new people to put "boots on the ground", as you call it. He didn't use that particular express, more like more agents in the field.

He explained very clearly that the SS will need money for this. When they hire new people, they have to be placed in lesser jobs while they get experience, like investigating crimes and doing "advance work". The people with experience at that level will be moved up to work with the teams covering POTUS, candidates, visiting foreign leaders, etc. If they get the funding, they will expand Trump's team for his events. They will also purchase and add other assets to help with security.

They are stretched thin right now, so extra funding is needed to put all of this into place. They can't increase security for Trump without taking away from security of other protectees. They believe this will give SS more flexibility in providing more security for Trump w/o taking it away from others.

The above is paraphrased from what I heard. There are other topics her covered.

Here's a link to the video of the SS PC. This one has notes below the video with transcript.

Last edited:

I don't suppose he happened to explain why SS officers failed to pick up the radios that local LE set aside for them.

I don't suppose he happened to explain why SS officers failed to pick up the radios that local LE set aside for them.
IMO that story's murkiness is best illustrated by the question of which local frequency woulda been monitored. Remember, BTPD (the frequency that said he's armed I saw him he's laying down) spoke and County ESU radio depended on the (local) command post repeating it.

A video shows the officer who first spotted Crooks on the roof returning to the building after the shooting and scaling the roof again, this time meeting tactical officers standing over the body of Crooks. The officer said he tried to send out an alert to other officers via radio.

“Dude, I was calling out, ‘On top of the roof!’ ” the officer says. “Were you on the same frequency?”

(archived)

Last edited:
So some issues identified publicly today that clearly point to the enormously significant failures of the Secret Service at the J13 Butler rally:

1. Lack of adequate communication and guidance of Secret Service agents to local law enforcement
2. Complaceny of Secret Service agents
3. Over-reliance on mobile devices by Secret Service agents
4. Flaws in advanced planning by Secret Service agents

Hard to believe, but these are some of the failures of the Secret Service at the J13 Butler rally, reported today by Acting Director of Secret Service. Because of these failures, a U.S. president was shot and nearly killed, a citizen lost his life, and two other citizens were seriously wounded.

Wow. Most of us knew this, of course, but finally we are getting some accounting. I suspect it is much worse.

Ronald Rowe, the acting director of the Secret Service, told reporters that one of the failures was that the Secret Service deferred too much responsibility to local law enforcement on securing buildings near the rally and didn’t give clear guidance, allowing the shooter to climb on the roof of a nearby building and get off a shot at the former president.

“We need to be clear with our state and local partners on what we’re asking of them,” he said.

He also cited “complacency” from other agents, as well as over-reliance on mobile devices and flaws in advance planni
ng.

BBM

Nah, very little other than a prewritten statement he read. The need to communicate the responsibilities, expectations, and support required by the SS to support an operation. He did rumble when repeatly ask.

Mostly on the "paradigm shift".

Moo

The new bill that passed the House, HR 9106, has language for appropriations, but

SEC. 4. Authorization of appropriations.

There is authorized to be appropriated such sums as may be necessary to carry out this Act.

I suppose the House will have to find some source for the appropriations for the Act. We'll see, perhaps borrowed from some other budget.

The new bill that passed the House, HR 9106, has language for appropriations, but

SEC. 4. Authorization of appropriations.

There is authorized to be appropriated such sums as may be necessary to carry out this Act.

I suppose the House will have to find some source for the appropriations for the Act. We'll see, perhaps borrowed from some other budget. IOW, its not specific, its not typical, but nothing in Congress is typical or normal anymore.
DJI-0968-3-1721688236.jpg

(src)
453219790_1405619170377042_6602711365892079255_n.jpg

(KDKA-TV)
Surely the sniper looking out this west-facing window would want all the other snipers to know (1) he's looking away from all the other snipers and (2) he's incapable of AGR ROOF OVERWATCH.

Today Rowe is trying to say planning ambiguity was the problem, well, when the USSS snipers took their positions atop the red barns, how could ambiguity remain? Isn't it part of the task to know where everybody else is? And communicate then and there (irrespective of prior planning) that a checklist item AGR ROOF OVERWATCH remains unchecked?

Yes, all of the local LE should have made sure they knew where the snipers were.

Is there a reason for this question? It sounds like a dispute with no reason. Did one of the SS snipers shoot and injure a member of local LE? If not, why is this an issue?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back