PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rowe* wants to blame PLANNING ambiguity. Something along the lines of, we planned for AGR ROOF OVERWATCH, we at USSS meant that to mean sniper so-and-so would be over (or above and to the side of) the roof and watching it, but we failed to exactly specify who and where.
Yes, all of the local LE should have made sure they knew where the snipers were.

Is there a reason for this question? It sounds like a dispute with no reason. Did one of the SS snipers shoot and injure a member of local LE? If not, why is this an issue?
The pertinence is that there are two ways to clear up the ambiguity. Rowe's way is to have better planning (meetings, documents, etc -- I agree).

The pertinence is that there's a second way -- evaluate the situation when all snipers are in place. It's a checklist. Can we check off the duty/responsibility AGR ROOF OVERWATCH?

If not, relocate [exact sniper] to [exact location].

* and others, for example the BTPD Patrolman whose bodycam narration referenced a weekday meeting

Rowe* wants to blame PLANNING ambiguity. Something along the lines of, we planned for AGR ROOF OVERWATCH, we at USSS meant that to mean sniper so-and-so would be over (or above and to the side of) the roof and watching it, but we failed to exactly specify who and where.

The pertinence is that there are two ways to clear up the ambiguity. Rowe's way is to have better planning (meetings, documents, etc -- I agree).

The pertinence is that there's a second way -- evaluate the situation when all snipers are in place. It's a checklist. Can we check off the duty/responsibility AGR ROOF OVERWATCH?

If not, relocate [exact sniper] to [exact location].

* and others, for example the BTPD Patrolman whose bodycam narration referenced a weekday meeting
Once bullets were flying the counter-snipers had to try to discern whether they were looking at a threat or another counter-sniper if they didn't know exactly where the others were. Friendly fire is a real possibility in a shitshow like that, JMHO

Once bullets were flying the counter-snipers had to try to discern whether they were looking at a threat or another counter-sniper if they didn't know exactly where the others were. Friendly fire is a real possibility in a shitshow like that, JMHO
And in reality, they may have to make a split second decision anyway. Its the nature of the job, unfortunately. You can plan all you want but things may end up out of your control.

I blame the sniper.

DJI-0968-3-1721688236.jpg

(src)
453219790_1405619170377042_6602711365892079255_n.jpg

(KDKA-TV)
Surely the sniper looking out this west-facing window would want all the other snipers to know (1) he's looking away from all the other snipers and (2) he's incapable of AGR ROOF OVERWATCH.

Today Rowe is trying to say planning ambiguity was the problem, well, when the USSS snipers took their positions atop the red barns, how could ambiguity remain? Isn't it part of the task to know where everybody else is? And communicate then and there (irrespective of prior planning) that a checklist item AGR ROOF OVERWATCH remains unchecked?

JMO, there's some blame to go around. I think it was a very mature decision of the SS to take the blame for everything, when its obvious there were many there who made mistakes. It was a rare event. I think everyone is looking forward to the end of this campaign season and hopes for a cessation of all the violence and hate that is building up in our communities. We can't thrive as a society, JMO, when so many are intent on turning against their fellow citizens this way.

Most agencies have radio capabilities that they never bother to learn nor use. Here's a cop discussing frequency scan on Motorola APX 6000...

...like Beaver County and prolly all the other locals.

...and FWIW the USSS radios do all that and more per posts 12 and 13 here...

Disclaimer: I know google, that's my only familiarity with the links

The man suspected by the FBI of planning to kill former President Donald Trump possessed a list that included dates from August to October of venues where Trump had appeared or was expected to be -- and is suspected to have traveled near the golf course where the incident took place and Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort multiple times in the month leading up to his arrest, prosecutors said in a detention filing on Monday.

In their memo, prosecutors further revealed that suspect Ryan Wesley Routh allegedly sent a letter "several months prior" to his arrest to a civilian witness that stated, "This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump but I failed you."

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I was glad to see that President Trump had visibly at least double the amount of Secret Service agents on his detail while entering and leaving the stage and podium at his rally last night in PA, and also while on the stage and podium.
There may have been more as well, which I think is likely, as I counted at least 10-12 SS agents on his closest detail. Probably were many more outside with the vehicles, etc. Note that this was an indoor rally at a university athletic venue but good to see that the additional protection was there.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I was glad to see that President Trump had visibly at least double the amount of Secret Service agents on his detail while entering and leaving the stage and podium at his rally last night in PA, and also while on the stage and podium.
There may have been more as well, which I think is likely, as I counted at least 10-12 SS agents on his closest detail. Probably were many more outside with the vehicles, etc. Note that this was an indoor rally at a university athletic venue but good to see that the additional protection was there.
I was at a rally with another SS protectee yesterday. (Doug Emhoff). Normally, I never notice SS agents, however since this, I couldn't help but observe. He had five agents assigned. We knew he was gonna be the next speaker when guys in suits with ear buds began surrounding the stage area. I watched what the SS agents were watching too. One agent watched the bleachers in the back. Afterward, Mr Emoff shook hands with the audience and that is when the SS agents surrounded him.

We had to register for the event, show matching photo ID and go through metal detectors etc. Purse size was limited.

There were no snipers etc however.

I don't know if there were agents in the back of the gym etc.

Last edited:
The Secret Service agent in charge of Donald Trump’s July 13 rally in Butler, Pa., was made aware of “credible intelligence” of a threat against the former president — but didn’t pass it along to her supervisor or others planning security for the event, a Senate report on the assassination attempt found.

Furthermore, the lead agent told Senate investigators that she notified the special agent in charge [SAIC] of the Secret Service’s Pittsburgh field office about the “credible intelligence” before the rally – but he claims that never happened.

The Secret Service’s lead advance agent for the rally told investigators that on July 9 she received a phone call from the “second supervisor of the Trump detail” informing her that Secret Service counter snipers would be assigned to Butler because of “credible intel that he could not discuss further with her.”

The lead agent claims she asked the second supervisor to call her supervisor – the Pittsburgh field office SAIC – to discuss the “credible intel” but he refused.

The Secret Service agent in charge of Donald Trump’s July 13 rally in Butler, Pa., was made aware of “credible intelligence” of a threat against the former president — but didn’t pass it along to her supervisor or others planning security for the event, a Senate report on the assassination attempt found.

Furthermore, the lead agent told Senate investigators that she notified the special agent in charge [SAIC] of the Secret Service’s Pittsburgh field office about the “credible intelligence” before the rally – but he claims that never happened.

The Secret Service’s lead advance agent for the rally told investigators that on July 9 she received a phone call from the “second supervisor of the Trump detail” informing her that Secret Service counter snipers would be assigned to Butler because of “credible intel that he could not discuss further with her.”

The lead agent claims she asked the second supervisor to call her supervisor – the Pittsburgh field office SAIC – to discuss the “credible intel” but he refused.

I smell baloney.

Still not clear how local snipers' lack of awareness jives with the crowd RIGHT OUTSIDE THEIR WINDOW shouting and pointing, but...

Radio logs obtained by the [Senate] Committee show that the local snipers positioned in the AGR building did not receive any notification on their ESU radio channel about an individual on the roof before Crooks fired, and the Beaver County sniper that was posted in the AGR building told the Committee that neither he nor his partner in the AGR building were aware of anyone on the roof before shots were fired.

"Shortly before shots were fired, a USSS counter sniper saw local law enforcement running toward the AGR building with their guns drawn, but he did not alert former President Trump’s protective detail to remove him from the stage," the committee revealed in the 94-page report. "The USSS counter sniper told the Committee that while seeing officers with their guns drawn ‘elevated’ the threat level, the thought to notify someone to get Trump off the stage ‘did not cross [his] mind.’"

"I don’t approve anything," the lead advance agent was quoted as telling senators. "I clearly just take the information that they [the USSS site agent and USSS site counterpart] have recommended and put together with the other information that’s put together from the other advance entities, and those are all submitted to the field office and then submitted to the Trump detail, the candidate nominations operations, and then they go further to headquarters."

No one person is responsible for anything ok, move along.
(Add sarcasm)‍♀️

Executive Summary...

And FWIW (too late) local sniper DOES see Crooks from 2nd floor windows...

At 6:12 pm, a Butler ESU sniper in the AGR building radioed on the local ESU channel, "Shooter is down, [ local sniper call sign,] shooter is down.”

(same pdf)

Last edited:
"Shortly before shots were fired, a USSS counter sniper saw local law enforcement running toward the AGR building with their guns drawn, but he did not alert former President Trump’s protective detail to remove him from the stage," the committee revealed in the 94-page report. "The USSS counter sniper told the Committee that while seeing officers with their guns drawn ‘elevated’ the threat level, the thought to notify someone to get Trump off the stage ‘did not cross [his] mind.’"

"I don’t approve anything," the lead advance agent was quoted as telling senators. "I clearly just take the information that they [the USSS site agent and USSS site counterpart] have recommended and put together with the other information that’s put together from the other advance entities, and those are all submitted to the field office and then submitted to the Trump detail, the candidate nominations operations, and then they go further to headquarters."

(Add sarcasm)‍♀️
<SBM for focus>

The USSS counter sniper told the Committee that while seeing officers with their guns drawn ‘elevated’ the threat level, the thought to notify someone to get Trump off the stage ‘did not cross [his] mind.

Incredible.

(Add sarcasm)‍♀️
Also from the preliminary report by the Senate Committee investigating the Butler assassination attempt, it is stated that an SS agent inexperienced with drone use called a toll-free tech support hotline regarding how to use the drone they planned to fly over the Butler rally site, because they had been refused extra SS personnel for the event, even though there were credible and serious threats against President Trump prior to the rally.

"... an agent inexperienced with drone equipment called a toll-free tech support hotline for help after a request ahead of time for additional unmanned assets was denied, according to a preliminary summary of findings made public Wednesday. According to the committee, he had just an hour of informal training with the device."

EBM

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member