PA - Babysitter murders infant boy and abuses his twin brother - June 24, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO her defense might be that someone else injured the first baby and the second baby died in a tragic accident. Sigh.

The team presenting the case will need to be giving their all, because I think it sounds like she's going to claim complete innocence. All JMO.

If she’s entering a plea of Guilty, why did her attorney bother to say all that stuff about the public not understanding what actually occurred, etc.?

And how does this fit with a guilty plea?
Virzi denies any wrongdoing, her attorney said.
Is this the same as saying don’t try her in the court of public opinion? Too late. 6 week old babies don’t jump out of their bouncy seat if they are appropriately buckled in, and if they should wiggle out of the reclined seat they can’t possibly fracture their skull if the seat is placed on the floor. Not to mention poor little AK having an injury to his genitals that was serious enough to need Emergency Care. Newborn babies are tougher than they appear, they very seldom hurt themselves seriously. Almost all healthy infants who show up in the ER with serious injuries were harmed by another person, usually an adult who was responsible for their care and well being.

I’m guessing the State isn’t offering to reduce the charges due to the serious nature of the injuries to both babies. She may have been able to convince the Prosecutor that injuries to one baby was a tragic accident, but two babies who were healthy when the parents left them in her care, probably not. So now she is such a great friend she is going to plead guilty so her dear besties who trusted her with their precious twins, don’t have to hear what she did. I seldom believe one is as altruistic as they think they are, when they spare victims & witnesses from testifying, or listening to evidence. Honestly I believe the accused doesn’t want anyone to hear the facts of their crimes because they know how bad they will look to everyone.

Do they offer an Alfred Plea or No Contest in Pennsylvania?

MOO

If she’s entering a plea of Guilty, why did her attorney bother to say all that stuff about the public not understanding what actually occurred, etc.?

And how does this fit with a guilty plea?
Virzi denies any wrongdoing, her attorney said.

Agree....
Is the article misquoting???
I dunno

the lawyer refers to Virzi as "she' in the quote from the article. I assume 'they' refers to Virzi and her legal team since the lawyer is speaking on Virzi's behalf.
Thanks.

This case haunts me. The poor wee munchkins, so helpless in the face of such evil.

No way do I believe she'll plead guilty. I imagine her father will help with her legal expenses and she has an excellent criminal attorney.

From Super Lawyers-- "earned him several accolades, including being listed in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100; holding an Avvo “Superb” rating; and being listed in the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys’ 10 Best. Mr. Shrager is a member of the Pennsylvania …"

Virzi, a graduate of Pepperdine University who holds a graduate degree in clinical psychology from San Diego State, grew up in the tristate area, the daughter of Dr. Peter J. Virzi, a highly-respected cardiologist affiliated with Mt. Sinai Doctors in Manhattan.

“I have no words,” a friend and colleague of Virzi’s told The Post Saturday. “I am absolutely shocked. I had no idea.”

The friend said she did not know Virzi to be violent but said noted she “had some interpersonal issues. I would say she was a little rigid. She was nice. But very driven and motivated.”

[...]

Virzi’s attorney David Shrager told The Post Saturday his client was innocent, and planned to plead not guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back