PA - Babysitter murders infant boy and abuses his twin brother - June 24, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a disturbing, and local, case. The article title is misleading, as she didn’t say she was depressed. Not that depression makes a person homicidal anyhow. But that’s where I thought they might be going with the article.

“Heart and Mind academic journal on June 13, Virzi is wearing a white blazer and comes off well-spoken as she delves into how somatic symptoms of depression in women can lead to risks of heart disease.”

From San Diego State: Her concentration....

Bio​

My research aims to explore the complex interplay between psychological factors—such as depression, stress, negative affect, and trauma— and critical health outcomes and behaviors— such as metabolic syndrome, heart disease, obesity, eating behavior, and exercise. I am particularly interested in exploring these relationships within female and trauma-exposed populations. By concentrating on these relationships, my research aims to shed light on the unique challenges and opportunities for intervention within these vulnerable groups.

However... I see her stating a connection to University of California, San Diego. ???

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am just trying to better understand this woman. If she is guilty, this is just such egregious behavior.

This article is about physical activity and momentary pain??!!!!

Virzi remains in the Allegheny County Jail. Her formal arraignment is set for Aug. 23. That's when the case will be assigned to a judge and she'll enter her plea.
San Diego woman faces trial in killing of one Pittsburgh baby twin, assault on other

per her attorney:

"There is a general misunderstanding of what transpired in the public. And we ask that people wait until they've heard all the facts to resolve their thoughts on this matter. And the facts will come out at the appropriate time at the appropriate venue. We asked that people refrain from judging," Shrager said.
California woman accused of killing friend's newborn in Pittsburgh makes court appearance

Virzi remains in the Allegheny County Jail. Her formal arraignment is set for Aug. 23. That's when the case will be assigned to a judge and she'll enter her plea.
San Diego woman faces trial in killing of one Pittsburgh baby twin, assault on other

per her attorney:

"There is a general misunderstanding of what transpired in the public. And we ask that people wait until they've heard all the facts to resolve their thoughts on this matter. And the facts will come out at the appropriate time at the appropriate venue. We asked that people refrain from judging," Shrager said.
California woman accused of killing friend's newborn in Pittsburgh makes court appearance
I just can’t see how one twin was injured, and another dead, but all belief in her guilt stems from some misunderstanding.

He said Virzi waived her hearing because she and the child's parents were friends.

"They're her friends. When we analyzed the totality of the situation, she did not want to put them through that and have to hear everything and that was the decision she made and we respect that," Shrager said.

Leon's parents had no comment as they left the courtroom. Virzi's formal arraignment is scheduled for Aug. 23.
Shrager said they plan to enter a guilty plea.

He said Virzi waived her hearing because she and the child's parents were friends.

"They're her friends. When we analyzed the totality of the situation, she did not want to put them through that and have to hear everything and that was the decision she made and we respect that," Shrager said.

Leon's parents had no comment as they left the courtroom. Virzi's formal arraignment is scheduled for Aug. 23.

Oh wow, she's going to plead guilty. That surprises me. Will we find out what happened and why?

Oh wow, she's going to plead guilty. That surprises me. Will we find out what happened and why?
Is there a reason the attorney refers to her as "they?"

I don't know how the parents will be able to go on. I hope the surviving baby is not permanently harmed, physically or emotionally.

I didn't see anything about her parents being there. I do wonder if they are strongly supporting her?
Goona look up her defense lawyer now...

If she’s entering a plea of Guilty, why did her attorney bother to say all that stuff about the public not understanding what actually occurred, etc.?

And how does this fit with a guilty plea?
Virzi denies any wrongdoing, her attorney said.

If she’s entering a plea of Guilty, why did her attorney bother to say all that stuff about the public not understanding what actually occurred, etc.?

And how does this fit with a guilty plea?
Virzi denies any wrongdoing, her attorney said.

Maybe it fits with a guilty plea because their version is going to be something like the death was accidental, NV didn't do it but was the one in charge at the time so she will take responsibility, etc. Supposition & imo only.

Maybe it fits with a guilty plea because their version is going to be something like the death was accidental, NV didn't do it but was the one in charge at the time so she will take responsibility, etc. Supposition & imo only.
Maybe. I’d sure like to know what her explanation is.

But it actually makes no sense for her attorney to say that his client “denies any wrongdoing”, and then to have her enter a guilty plea to these charges:

Pittsburgh police charged Virzi on Sunday with criminal homicide, three counts of aggravated assault, and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back