PA PA - Bear Creek, WhtMale 15-22, 2891UMPA, "Avedon" bracelet, serpent ring, clothes, May'79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Had to put this train of thought aside for several days, so I'm pretty much just posting the tabs that were still open that (i think?) had to do with searching NAMUS for missing persons somewhat aligning with this case. I'm pretty sure at least one was already mentioned. The search, as i recall, did not limit to NY or neighbouring states, on the theories upthread of possible drugs / organized crime / etc..

David Alan Watson

Andrew Paul Mantheiy

Randy Maciuba

Paul Michael Mercurio

Michael McCool

Any thoughts on these?

Had to put this train of thought aside for several days, so I'm pretty much just posting the tabs that were still open that (i think?) had to do with searching NAMUS for missing persons somewhat aligning with this case. I'm pretty sure at least one was already mentioned. The search, as i recall, did not limit to NY or neighbouring states, on the theories upthread of possible drugs / organized crime / etc..

David Alan Watson

Andrew Paul Mantheiy

Randy Maciuba

Paul Michael Mercurio

Michael McCool

Any thoughts on these?
Paul Mercurio bears a resemblance to Bear Creek John Doe.

Yes, I think so. Others have also mentioned this, upthread here and on Mercurio's WS thread as well. If someone were planning to do or be part of something they thought would be newsworthy (especially if they were proud of or bragging about it), it makes sense they might dress up a bit.

Has anyone researched noteworthy crimes in surrounding areas?

Paul Mercurio's thread:

1683659505860.png
May 9 2023 rbbm.
''A body that was found with a gunshot wound to the chest in 1979 has sparked a major cold case appeal.

The victim's remains were discovered along an embankment by two men in a secluded area of Bear Creek Township, Luzerne County, on May 28, 1979

The man, known as "Bear Creek John Doe", is believed to have died 10-14 days before he was found. He was unrecognizable, with his body in a state of severe decomposition.

It was determined that he died by homicide after being shot in the chest.

The victim was initially believed to be 25-40 years old until his exhumation on September 26, 2016, when an additional examination of his remains was provided, and put him aged between 15-20.

The man is described as white, 5'8" - 6'0" in height, and 180 lbs. in weight. He had brown hair but his eye color is not known.

In terms of clothing, the man wore a black long-sleeved shirt, tan trousers with white pinstripes, white underwear, white socks with a pair of black ones over them, and black loafers.

He was also sporting a sterling silver bracelet with “Vendome” on its clasp, and a 14-karat gold ring in a serpent design on the right little finger. It is believed the victim's jewelry originated from New York.''

sbm I have not.
I think he has living siblings so there should be DNA?
I would think, since there are exclusions listed on his NamUs profile, that there is something available for comparison. For some reason, I thought I’d seen a Doe Network profile for Paul but there’s not one. I’m going to go ahead and submit the possible match and ask if he can be added to their site.

I would think, since there are exclusions listed on his NamUs profile, that there is something available for comparison. For some reason, I thought I’d seen a Doe Network profile for Paul but there’s not one. I’m going to go ahead and submit the possible match and ask if he can be added to their site.

Please keep us updated =)

Something else I didn't add to my post before because it was mainly about Paul, but I think they may have got the age wrong with Bear Creek JD (again).
Maybe just me being judgemental, but his "showing off" jewelry and snazzy clothing says to me he was 25+, not 15-20.
And if he was a mob kid his disappearance would be known.
jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back