PA PA - Bear Creek, WhtMale 15-22, 2891UMPA, "Avedon" bracelet, serpent ring, clothes, May'79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hikers and others who spend a lot of time walking often have well-manicured toenails. You only have to get one infected hangnail or ingrown toenail to learn the value of taking good care of your feet...

Another rule out added to the exclusion list
P14152 William Shields 06/01/1977 Cook IL
MP12181 Andrew Memmelaar 10/25/1975 Sullivan NY
MP12546 Mark Collman 04/03/1979 Kendall IL
MP32700 Dean Heagerty 11/21/1976 Oswego NY

He’s probably too old and too tall, but this is how I picture him. A 26 year old missing from Maryland since March of ‘79. “Moore was last seen in Pasadena, Maryland on March 19, 1979. He called his mother from a friend's home, saying he was going to the airport to pick up his girlfriend, but he never arrived there. He has never been heard from again. Moore was a known drug courier at the time of his disappearance, and foul play is suspected in his case. His disappearance remains unsolved.”

Gary Palmer Moore – The Charley Project
View attachment 275346View attachment 275347

(I can not view exclusions at the moment, so he may have already been ruled out)

@MadMcGoo

Did you ever submit Gary Moore?

No, I didn’t. It didn’t seem super compelling at the time. Feel free to submit! I’ve been a little busy IRL so I’m not sure when I’ll have time. ;)

MadMcGoo,

I just saw your post. I am going to submit Gary Moore. I have the State Trooper's email that's over seeing this UID. I will let you know when I hear back.

They just modified the UID's NamUs profile yesterday, but I am not sure exactly what they did. (no more rule outs are listed.)

No, I didn’t. It didn’t seem super compelling at the time. Feel free to submit! I’ve been a little busy IRL so I’m not sure when I’ll have time. ;)

I just heard back from Trooper Urban. Gary Moore is excluded. He said since they are both uploaded in CODIS they are ruled out. I told him when we see Missing people cases in NamUs we are now unable to view if they have DNA available for comparison, and vice versa.

I just heard back from Trooper Urban. Gary Moore is excluded. He said since they are both uploaded in CODIS they are ruled out. I told him when we see Missing people cases in NamUs we are now unable to view if they have DNA available for comparison, and vice versa.
Thanks for letting them know that. It isn’t necessarily a given that they all have dna and that it’s in codis.

Last night I was trying to do some digging to see if it was a congressional change or an internal change. Didn’t find anything which suggests internal to me.

Last night I was trying to do some digging to see if it was a congressional change or an internal change. Didn’t find anything which suggests internal to me.

I was told by someone who is no longer with Namus that it was in response to privacy concerns about disclosing people's personal information. I'm not quite sure how reporting the existence of a record violates privacy, but nobody asked me.

Would love photos and clarity on the name for sure it would at least narrow down if it was a manufactured or customized piece. Found a couple of Vendome bracelets gold plated in which over time the silver would show through woukd make sense that the descrip went from 14k to SS

Found a couple of extra items from news articles
  • Body was found over an embankment along Legislative Route 40041, the Bear Creek-White Haven Road 3 miles from Route 115
  • LE assumed with the UID wearing double layer socks that the person had issues with his feet.
  • Wearing jockey shorts labeled Derby
  • The bracelet was noted as a solid four strand 14 kt gold cuff bracelet on his right wrist "Vendon" was engraved on the inside of the bracelet. There was no clarity as to whether the inscription was a jeweler stamp or an engraved name. All news articles that I have found so far stated "Vendon" unsure if it was found later to be "Vedon"
  • Well manicured finger and toenails
  • Victim may have been made to kneel down before he was shot in the front
  • Dark Brown Hair

I just found this vintage Avedon men's bracelet that ticks all the boxes:

- SOLID men's cuff
- 4 strand cuff
- engraved on 'clasp' and on interior
- 14K Gold AND Sterling Silver

Harvey Avedon Sterling Silver & Yellow Gold Groove Cuff Bracelet Medium - A | eBay

I don't know how to do the pics seperately from the link to post the photos of it.

I was told by someone who is no longer with Namus that it was in response to privacy concerns about disclosing people's personal information. I'm not quite sure how reporting the existence of a record violates privacy, but nobody asked me.
People are overly uptight about this stuff.

My info also comes from someone no longer with NamUs. Conversation from August 2018.

I really don't want go to far off topic but, in a nutshell, there is/was a lot of reasons that dna, dentals and fingerprints were hidden, not the least being that (since the inception of NamUs 2.0) Namus is housed on the OJP secure cloud and the data sharing rules changed. The entire staff (existing, already working there) had to go through a full security clearance process.

Again, to keep this short - many factors were considered (including privacy concerns, especially with fingerprints) and a good many folk in LE did not like having the data displayed.

My info also comes from someone no longer with NamUs. Conversation from August 2018.

I really don't want go to far off topic but, in a nutshell, there is/was a lot of reasons that dna, dentals and fingerprints were hidden, not the least being that (since the inception of NamUs 2.0) Namus is housed on the OJP secure cloud and the data sharing rules changed. The entire staff (existing, already working there) had to go through a full security clearance process.

Again, to keep this short - many factors were considered (including privacy concerns, especially with fingerprints) and a good many folk in LE did not like having the data displayed.
Sucks though. in the end it means we waste more of their time.

Sucks though. in the end it means we waste more of their time.

Not if you submit possible matches to NamUs. The RPS(s) will contact the agency (LE/ME/Coroner) that has the case(s). Kind of makes sense since they all have info that we don't. And if it's ruled out, it'll show up on the cases' Comparisons lists.

Not if you submit possible matches to NamUs. The RPS(s) will contact the agency (LE/ME/Coroner) that has the case(s). Kind of makes sense since they all have info that we don't. And if it's ruled out, it'll show up on the cases' Comparisons lists.
No, what I mean is, if they are both in namus and have dna, they are excluded even if not specifically listed, is my understanding. But we don’t know if both have dna in namus. If we did, we wouldn’t waste their time with an excluded person.

Thank you. You always have such good information and explain it so clearly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmauk
Back