GUILTY PA - Bonnie Sweeten for staged abduction, swindle, Upper Southampton, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6832725

Action News has learned late Tuesday investigators are examining a Cadillac in Hunting Park with front end damage. Police say it was laced with silver paint, which is consistent with Sweeten's 2005 Denali.
Action News was the only one at the scene as police converged on the Cadillac on North Marshal Street near Venango Street.
Upon opening the trunk, they did not find anything linking the car to the kidnapping, but the police did take the vehicle away for further investigation.
Residents

This cadillac is a fairly new one and i would think there would be a handle inside the trunk to open it from the inside but i could be wrong. On the video above it shows LE looking in the trunk of the car and it looks pretty new. I don't know,this story is just weird. Also alot of commenters have said that this street that they were "kidnapped" on is a very busy road especially in the daytime,just looks like someone would see this.

A different article i found:

The fender-bender happened before 2pm at Street Road and Second Street Pike in Upper Southampton Township.

FBI special agent JJ Klaver says 38-year-old Bonnie Sweeten called 911 and told dispatchers she was calling from the trunk of a black Cadillac, where she was huddled with her daughter, Julia Rakoczy (above). Sweeten said two men had forced her and her daughter into the trunk after their sedan rear-ended her SUV.

Sweeten's cell phone signal was lost in the area of the 200 block of South 12th Street in Center City -- more than 20 miles away from the scene of the reported accident.

"We've been in contact with a lot of people. I believe that she's estranged from her husband so we are talking to a lot of different people to try and get as much information as we can about where she and her daughter may be."

http://www.kyw1060.com/Police-Investigate-Possible-Kidnapping-after-Fende/4472995

I remember when I lived in L.A. I was warned about people who would intentionally rear end people and when they got out of their vehicles they would rob them. I wonder if this could be something like that?

This cadillac is a fairly new one and i would think there would be a handle inside the trunk to open it from the inside but i could be wrong. On the video above it shows LE looking in the trunk of the car and it looks pretty new. I don't know,this story is just weird. Also alot of commenters have said that this street that they were "kidnapped" on is a very busy road especially in the daytime,just looks like someone would see this.

How do you rear end a car and put two people in a trunk on a very busy road and no one see? You'd think there would have been someone behind them to get a plate.

I've been trying to find good coordinates for a google streetview and no luck so far.

How do you rear end a car and put two people in a trunk on a very busy road and no one see? You'd think there would have been someone behind them to get a plate.

I've been trying to find good coordinates for a google streetview and no luck so far.

I agree! I tryed to but im not really good at that stuff. I have faith in you Suzi:blowkiss:

I live in this area....I was 1/4 mile away from the first reported abduction site TODAY which was Street Road (132) and 2nd Street Pike (232) and then changed to Central avenue---maybe a half mile away....

The video indicates that LE is working on something....I hope so. This just sounds really bad as in it may not end well.

Are there any witnesses to this accident, or is all the information coming from mom who's calling?

WPVI reported she made 7 calls--one or two of them lengthy...and LE was able to gain information....

It's really such an odd, confusing scenario. There have been others this week that feel "different," too. This is at least the third one that has seemed off to me in the past couple of days for one reason or another. I guess I haven't "seen everything" like I thought I had.

a 232/132 there is a walgreens, grant's funeral home, gas station--forget name now--starbucks, BOA---the police station is about 1/2 mile away and right by Central Ave--the 2nd reported location...across from Police station/Library--there is a 711 and an Amoco...I believe it is..

Street Road (Route 132) is 4 lanes and has a fairly heavy traffic load.....higher at rush hours--can get fairly congested---but steady flow all day...they also initially thought her 9 month old sister was with them....

I am reeling as I literally LIVE here...go to that starbucks and walgreens....

Surreal

I'm orginally from Philly, the area where the Cadillac was found is ROUGH! North Phila. was tough 25 yrs ago.

Kensington is still the badlands...rough--LOTS of drugs and lots of well-healed suburban kids go there for drugs..my friend is a daycare director there and its sad....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932
Back