GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys (and gals!) think LE has an idea of who the perp is?

It's hard to say at this point. Generally when they're really guarded with the info they'll give out, it's a red flag that they know a lot more than the public does. While the LE I watched at the presser today seemed very professional, they didn't seem all that guarded. Except when the local cop shut the grandma down after repeating B's name several times. ;) I was a little surprised they let her go on like that as long as she did.

This girl will not let me sleep tonight.

This map shows where she was abducted from. Where the perp stopped at the bank and store. Where Carlesha attended high school. It's a pretty clear path. I think LE knows who they're looking for.

http://goo.gl/maps/CrQSZ

Where is this new video that shows the alleged hand shake? I've clicked on the link posted, but it just shows the POI in the store and the original abduction video.

I've been slightly suspicious this is a hoax except for the kicking out of the windows. I'd prefer it to be a hoax vs. the alternative.

For people out of this area - south on 95 from Philly (the main interstate in the area) goes from PA to De and then the next state is MD. Maryland is the first border where the TV coverage changes - DE has Philly local stations. My point is that if you are looking to get out of Dodge so to speak, the logical place to feel like you are away from the local coverage is MD.

Except in this case, and in our day, this idiot clearly has no clue how fast social media catches up to you. Almost *nothing* is local any more and you'd think criminals would catch on to that. I mean, I'm 8+ hours NW of Aberdeen MD and I know what this guy ate for breakfast the other day and that he walks like a penguin, drives a grey/silver 4 door and has the world watching his every move via security cameras. I know criminals are stupid but to *not* know how LE tracks you these days, is truly another level.

I still feel like we are missing something or something important is being left out. Whose knife was that hers or his? i think what makes it so disturbing is that she did everything right and fought him like hell. Most people will instinctually comply once a weapon is held on them. Also if this was random I think it's likely her resistance would of spooked a random attacker. This guys didn't seem concerned with any of that. He seems oblivious to the fact cameras are everywhere. He can't be that dumb which IMO makes him all the more dangerous. I got a feeling they are onto him and maybe watching him. He is going down its only a matter of time.

Where is this new video that shows the alleged hand shake? I've clicked on the link posted, but it just shows the POI in the store and the original abduction video.

I've been slightly suspicious this is a hoax except for the kicking out of the windows. I'd prefer it to be a hoax vs. the alternative.

This does not show any signs of a hoax, to me! You can feel the desperation as he drags her! Her adrenaline seems genuine and is more intense than any acting I have ever seen. Her family's sadness is palpable. My opinion.

For people out of this area - south on 95 from Philly (the main interstate in the area) goes from PA to De and then the next state is MD. Maryland is the first border where the TV coverage changes - DE has Philly local stations. My point is that if you are looking to get out of Dodge so to speak, the logical place to feel like you are away from the local coverage is MD.
baltimore news outlets have been reporting on it more prominently, particularly since the bank visit was in Aberdeen. Hopefully that helps gain attention and someone comes forward.

They've updated it with the convenience store video http://6abc.com/news/woman-tried-to-escape-kidnapper-in-germantown/378388/ earlier it had a different angle of Perp and Carlesha on the corner when he approaches her. I looked around on the site and couldn't find it so they must have just pulled it.

At first I wondered "hoax?" as well only because there have been a few high-drama ones acted out in the last few months. I don't think this is one. I almost wish it were, at least that way we'd know she's okay physically.

At the one minute mark in the newest video, doesn't he set his hand down a long time on the counter? Would they be able to get a print off of that counter?

Wow, that is not even the same guy unless he removed a huge bulky coat right? I'm so confused. Are there 2 perps ? Could someone have swiped her and handed her card to a friend to go get cash ?

I think it is the same guy who just removed the padded jacket. He's likely a very slim build and wears layers to look bulky/intimidating.

Seconding this, I cannot find the ''hand shake'' video anywhere.

Wow, that is not even the same guy unless he removed a huge bulky coat right? I'm so confused. Are there 2 perps ? Could someone have swiped her and handed her card to a friend to go get cash ?

In the store surveillance video, when he is by the drink cooler, he messes with his ear area-imo he may be adjusting a Bluetooth. Two perps maybe.

....earlier it had a different angle of Perp and Carlesha on the corner when he approaches her. I looked around on the site and couldn't find it so they must have just pulled it.

At first I wondered "hoax?" as well only because there have been a few high-drama ones acted out in the last few months. I don't think this is one. I almost wish it were, at least that way we'd know she's okay physically.

Thanks. At least I know I'm not losing my mind. I totally agree regarding possible hoax. Praying she's home soon. Poor thing. If only she'd called her boyfriend. I'm not victim blaming but cursing the small decisions that we make that change our lives forever and we don't realize it at the time.

I still feel like we are missing something or something important is being left out. Whose knife was that hers or his?

The only reference to a knife I've seen so far was from The Daily Fail in the UK. As many here like to say, they're not very accurate but they do manage to get some amazing pics ;) During the presser today LE never mentioned a knife at the scene, just auto glass, Carlesha's glasses and her phone. Has another msm source mentioned a knife, besides The Daily Mail?

Not sure I'm quoting right since this is the first time from the tapatalk app, but that is true of me and most people I know in the Philly area....I have lots of friends in Maryland and have traveled throughout all neighboring States quite a lot. Very common in my world at least.
Could be. But I would imagine many people drive and know many different areas in several states. At least that's how I see the East Coast. Seems like people I have known from there go all over for work, family etc. Could be he went far away just to throw them off. Yes she did live in Maryland so that is an interesting place for him to go to an ATM. I don't think he knew her personally but at this point it could go so many ways. I am waiting to see when they arrest him what goes down. I am saying it "when" because I know they will get this terrible human! Oh and just in case any of our guest recognize this guy, I want to say do the right thing and turn him in!

I believe the first video was released Monday late in the day. Up until then I think the abductor knew he was in little danger of being apprehended. I think he has successfully fled the area, and is likely now in the Carolina's, or maybe Atlanta. Somewhere out of the spotlight where he thinks he will just blend in. Sadly, I can see this happening. I will only think he is stupid if he is known to Carlesha or her social circle, or if he tries to use that ATM card in the area he choose to lay low in.

I don't know who the guy is that is holding her mama in the news pic, but he kind of looks like the ATM guy.

I took another look, but have to rule him out. ATM/perp guy is light skinned and maybe only 5'10". Holding mama guy is tallest guy in the crowd, which makes me think he's taller than 5'10" with a medium brown complexion. He also seems huskier than atm/perp guy.

That's what I'm saying. He is not even trying to be slick or avoid the cameras. This is not normal behavior IMO. Nothing is normal or what you would think so far in this case IMO.

At the one minute mark in the newest video, doesn't he set his hand down a long time on the counter? Would they be able to get a print off of that counter?

Likely they would if there weren't 800 other hands on that counter since then :( It's a convenience store, that counter is likely littered with hundreds of thousands of partial prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895