GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I checked it last night he had 18 friends, doesn't seem to have lost any since then.

Could be I'm misremembering, but I was pretty sure he had an odd number when I looked yesterday, but then again I'm following a few cases pretty intently and have a lot of FB pages pulled up. ;)

I am so happy that this lovely young woman is home. She will have much healing to endure, but something tells me she will do it, and do it well! I must admit, I was doubtful that she would be ok-so glad to be wrong! I also pray for the other victim. This man should not have been on the streets. Pure evil.

I often complain about my City of Brotherly Love. It has changed since I was young. But I have always loved it and defended it. We have our problems, but sometimes, the Brotherly Love stands out, as it did here. The entire city was working to help find Carlesha, and I am so proud of law enforcement and all the people who worked to bring her home. Officials in Maryland, FBI-what dedication and service. And the people who phoned in tips-how helpful they were.

I am so happy about this! Prayers of thanks to all who helped-and to Carlesha and her family, who I know are just as thankful as can be. Now, justice!

IMO
Pat

<snip> Two weeks ago, officials in Virginia dropped charges against Barnes. According to court records, he was arrested in July for making a bomb threat, which is a felony. That charge was amended to trespassing, a misdemeanor, and the case finally dropped on Oct. 24, the records show.

<snip> "He was more surprised than anything," ATF agent Tim Jones said of the arrest.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...live-in-Maryland-Police-Source-281698261.html

Praise the Lord and Halleluiah! So good to have a Happy Ending! May God Bless Carlesha and her family, may they heal from this horrific ordeal and be whole again! Tomorrow morning this strong young woman will wake up and that is an amazing blessing! I have a feeling her story will live on and inspire other young women. Just had to pop in to say this!

I was looking for a report of a missing teenager in Richmond on Oct 1, 2014. I found 2 females for that date on the NCMEC site. In Richmond alone, there are at least a half dozen missing female teens since May 2014. DB obviously intended to kill the 16 yo. So, the question is: did he abduct and kill other teens in Richmond this year. From what appears to be a family members FB page, he was in Richmond, Virginia Beach & Williamsburg in October (2014.)

"Detectives got a break in the case from a woman living in Havre De Grace, Maryland. In her driveway, the woman found a bag of trash that included a receipt from an ACME supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia, a bag of Herr's potato chips and shattered glass."

Two questions, have they said what the shattered glass was from or why it was in her driveway? Also, I know that I read his father called LE. Do we know at what point over the four days he called?

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...nd-Police-Source-281698261.html#ixzz3IKCW6U38
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

"Law enforcement officials got their big break in the Philadelphia case when they saw the used-car dealer's name on a traffic-camera image of Barnes' car and asked the dealership to turn on the GPS unit, said sheriff's Capt. Jayson Crawley of Charles City County, Virginia."

"We called the dealership and within five minutes they had the location," Crawley said."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Abducted-Philadelphia-woman-rescued-man-arrested-5874730.php#photo-7106592

Amazing! Great work, LE!

"Detectives got a break in the case from a woman living in Havre De Grace, Maryland. In her driveway, the woman found a bag of trash that included a receipt from an ACME supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia, a bag of Herr's potato chips and shattered glass."

Two questions, have they said what the shattered glass was from or why it was in her driveway? Also, I know that I read his father called LE. Do we know at what point over the four days he called?

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...nd-Police-Source-281698261.html#ixzz3IKCW6U38
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

I believe the broken glass was from the window that Carlesha kicked out.

"Law enforcement officials got their big break in the Philadelphia case when they saw the used-car dealer's name on a traffic-camera image of Barnes' car and asked the dealership to turn on the GPS unit, said sheriff's Capt. Jayson Crawley of Charles City County, Virginia."

"We called the dealership and within five minutes they had the location," Crawley said."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Abducted-Philadelphia-woman-rescued-man-arrested-5874730.php#photo-7106592

Amazing! Great work, LE!

No way, amazing indeedy!

A day late and a dollar short, again! Even though the discussion on forgiveness is over, I just wanted to add my opinion on it. Forgiveness doesn't mean you accept what was done, you don't hold the person responsible or you don't want them to pay for what was done (using my definition, others may define it differently.) What it does mean, to me, is letting go of the anger and resentment that can drain so much physical and emotional energy from you. It means moving on so you can heal properly and not allowing the other person to continue to drain the fun, love, time, energy and even life out of your life. MOO - by my definition, I also hope they can someday forgive, but I also hope he receives the maximum penalty for what he did and is never given the chance to do it again.

But, wouldn't that have been at the abduction sight where they already found the glass?

I imagine that a lot of the broken glass landed at the abduction site, but some of it might have fallen back into the car and he cleaned it up. Actually, seeing that car, I'm surprised that it looks fairly well-kept (maybe he's sort of a neatnik?).

But, wouldn't that have been at the abduction sight where they already found the glass?

The theory goes that he cleared his car out, there was bound to be some broken glass in there. If he had put his bag of rubbish in the bin we'd have been none the wiser, but since he dumped it LE were able to use the receipt to check the store CCTV. They probably recognised him since there was already a warrant out and could give his name to the car company, who then tracked it.

Being in the city, I was following this case from the beginning. This is where I came right away. It is amazing how people from all over the world come here and put their heads together to try to help. I don't post much, because I'm not good with words, and I am a bit shy. But, I have been following here for a long time, and this is the place to be when someone is lost. It is so nice that so many people can offer their expertise in this way. Thank you everyone for being here, and for all that you do for victims.
The hard work you did for Carlesha, and so many others, is truly wonderful.

Pat

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27318...more-possible-victims-linked-to-delvin-barnes
Lots more criminal history at this link.
Apparently, he abducted the Richmond teen somewhere between Richmond and Charles City. In addition, when he was paroled from PA last year, authorities there transferred his file to Williamsburg, VA.

The bomb threat charge, later reduced to trespassing and ultimately dropped on Oct 24, 2014, was for threats made in a Richmond, VA Walmart.

The theory goes that he cleared his car out, there was bound to be some broken glass in there. If he had put his bag of rubbish in the bin we'd have been none the wiser, but since he dumped it LE were able to use the receipt to check the store CCTV. They probably recognised him since there was already a warrant out and could give his name to the car company, who then tracked it.

Got it. I was slightly confused how it ended up in someone's driveway...

I know I usually can't stand when people litter but thank goodness he was so careless in so many aspects of this! It almost makes you wonder if he just snapped and started doing this, he doesn't seem too wise.

Does anyone recall when he kept his wife hostage for 24 hours (what year)?

You know, I'm wondering if he specifically targets teens? Looking at the photos of Carlesha in her glasses, which she was wearing when she was abducted, she looks much younger than when she has them off. He may have mistaken her for a teenager.

He may see teens as easy targets because they're not usually as aware or on guard (I think Carlesha fighting back was unexpected, and I think the ATM card was probably an opportunity he doesn't get often because he was, thankfully, dumb as a rock trying to use it). And a lot of missing teens are runaways, so he may be counting on that covering what he's done.

I could be way off, of course. He may just be an opportunist who saw a woman walking alone and went for it. If he knew he was already a suspect in at least one rape/murder attempt and the police were already looking for him, he may have just decided "screw it" and been a lot more careless because he figured they already knew who he was and he could just keep evading capture. But I just keep thinking about the Richmond victim, and how many kidnappers would have panicked and let Carlesha go when she fought back, or at least had a lot more trouble taking her, but he still kidnapped her and very, very easily, like he's had a ton of practice.

He looks well groomed to me too. I was actually surprised when I saw his mugshot. Wonder if he's had any psycho therapy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back