Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are there any Philadelphia area and Bucks County search and rescue sites? Anything that shows ongoing search and rescue activity efforts?
It’s been over 2 weeks and the police don’t appear to be doing much at all. No press conferences to update the community on their efforts (even just what they can share).
It’s interesting how some cases get more attention than others. There is nothing normal about this case. Hanging posters is not enough. If I were her family I would be livid. There should be daily ongoing searches for her. If they were to receive tips I am sure they would have received them by now.

Was just in Bristol, Levittown, Langhorne (well Old Navy whatever town that’s technically in) and the neshaminy mall running errands and saw not 1 mention of her or poster at all those places.

:( maybe I just missed them.

I hope everyone out and about is actively looking for her while going about their business. She’s got to be somewhere.

Are there any Philadelphia area and Bucks County search and rescue sites? Anything that shows ongoing search and rescue activity efforts?
It’s been over 2 weeks and the police don’t appear to be doing much at all. No press conferences to update the community on their efforts (even just what they can share).
It’s interesting how some cases get more attention than others. There is nothing normal about this case. Hanging posters is not enough. If I were her family I would be livid. There should be daily ongoing searches for her. If they were to receive tips I am sure they would have received them by now.
Just checked.

Pennsylvania Search And Rescue Council.

Bucks County Search And Rescue

Greater Philadelphia Search And Rescue

Just checked.

Was just in Bristol, Levittown, Langhorne (well Old Navy whatever town that’s technically in) and the neshaminy mall running errands and saw not 1 mention of her or poster at all those places.

:( maybe I just missed them.

I hope everyone out and about is actively looking for her while going about their business. She’s got to be somewhere.

That's a sin. A da*n shame considering Cassandra comes from there.

@FauxPerson I'm like you. I get Bensalem, and Croydon and Bristol. Other than that I'm like "Up there by Marshall's on.Route 1"

No offense Langhorne, Levittown, Fairless Hills WS family.

Thanks for checking in Faux. Now we know.

Just checked.

That's a sin. A da*n shame considering Cassandra comes from there.

@FauxPerson I'm like you. I get Bensalem, and Croydon and Bristol. Other than that I'm like "Up there by Marshall's on.Route 1"

Thanks for checking in Faux. Now we know.

I saw a few yesterday when I was in the area. One was on the front lawn of a business on one of the main streets(either E. Bristol or Bridgetown pike)... the others were on neighbors lawns. I think I saw 3 in total. I was disappointed when that's all I saw in town. It's a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a few yesterday when I was in the area. One was on the front lawn of a business on one of the main streets(either E. Bristol or Bridgetown pike)... the others were on neighbors lawns. I think I saw 3 in total. I was disappointed when that's all I saw in town. It's a shame.

Exactly, EVERYONE needs to be doing more. Hang posters everywhere and do daily searches. I feel they really need to search near her home. Not to be negative, I do not think they will find her based on the lack of activity. I hope the family pushes for more support finding her. She’s not out there driving around at this point. Calling in the psychics would even be more productive than what appears to be going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the local Homeless Outreach groups was searching for her along the I95 corridor last week.

I haven’t personally seen any missing flyers, but when I was scrolling the philly311 page, one of the photos of an intersection downtown had Casey’s flyer on a pole.

It ticks me off that the police told the family not to conduct their own search, but yet they don’t seem to be doing any. Maybe they are and we just don’t know. Doubt it though.

That FB originated with good intentions. People out there will help a loved one who has someone missing. Even if it was "Joe, call your mom" Just to know your loved one is alive.

Now some fool is doing tictoks of human beings who happen to be addicts in some really bad positions and he's laughing. It's entertainment for him. Seeing someone nodding or carrying their needle like a loose behind their ear. O.K. can help. Egging on addicts with dresses up as they swim in a puddle not cool. Not helpful.

No I don't think Casey is down there. Not for a minute.

We can take a sec though to send a prayer for those out there.
Filly, I went to the “Kensington Beach” Facebook page. I cant unsee what I just saw. What a nightmare. I thought I’ve driven through rough Philly neighborhoods in the past but I’ve never seen anything like that! I blame the city for allowing it to get to that point. The poor families…

Filly, I went to the “Kensington Beach” Facebook page. I cant unsee what I just saw. What a nightmare. I thought I’ve driven through rough Philly neighborhoods in the past but I’ve never seen anything like that! I blame the city for allowing it to get to that point. The poor families…

I'm sorry I upset you. These people are someone's daughter, father, friend, mother. Also people from all walks of life.

They broke up the encampment on the Conrail tracks and made it worse. Instead of helping and figuring out a solution everyone moves. Watch with all the gentrification in "Olde Kensington " some rich developers give us new names!!!! There will be a big shift up.to the NE.

Been praying they find Casey. I'll try to get flyers from the family and put them in the NE and Fishtown. Something isn't right here. This lovely girl will have classes soon.

I'm sorry I upset you. These people are someone's daughter, father, friend, mother. Also people from all walks of life.

They broke up the encampment on the Conrail tracks and made it worse. Instead of helping and figuring out a solution everyone moves. Watch with all the gentrification in "Olde Kensington " some rich developers give us new names!!!! There will be a big shift up.to the NE.

Been praying they find Casey. I'll try to get flyers from the family and put them in the NE and Fishtown. Something isn't right here. This lovely girl will have classes soon.
You didn’t, “upset me” . I definitely learned stuff I didn’t know. I have family from the northeast. Im not in Philly area anymore. I saw somewhere it’s confirmed that she was a commuter student. That means she does the drive to and from Philly often. To say that she is not good with directions and may have gotten lost is BS to me.
I feel sucked into this case because I know that something is really off and not right. I hope the truth gets out.

You mentioning classes makes me think of Hannah Upp…she was roughly the same age and just out of Bryn Mawr College and disappeared prior to her classes, too. (Upp was a teacher and while I think you’re referring to Casey being a Temple student, Casey also works with kids). Dissociative fugue wouldn’t explain the car, though.

What's the most hurting to me -and I can understand you don't want your younger kids confronted with this- they are constantly blamed...but heee the addicted and homeless persons are somebody's children too and I consider addiction as an illness. I understood this FB site was once set up for families to find their "lost" loved ones, but now it's only blaming and shaming and seeing this living circumstances hurt me to the core. I'm not a believer but as suggested I'll send good thoughts to all of them out there. Cassandra is also constantly on my mind, I sincerely hope she will turn up safe.

Family Of Missing Bucks County Woman Casey Johnston Hires Private Investigator

BUCKS COUNTY, Pa. (CBS) — The family of missing Bucks County woman Cassandra “Casey” Johnston is turning to a private investigator to hopefully locate the 26-year-old.

The Johnston family tells Eyewitness News they hired the investigator, days after authorities released new surveillance photos of her car in Philadelphia.

I'm happy to hear that, maybe they will start to get some leads.

I'm sure other cities have a similar program, but in Philadelphia you can register your private security camera (business or residential) with the city, like a database, in case the police need footage from a particular area. I sure hope someone took the time to look into some of the possible routes. My guess is not, it would be time-consuming.

This is where it gets frustrating to me...the names in the database are not for public use; if I was a family member I would want to search through it all.

I am coming around to something along these lines, but am not quite there yet. I agree that it doesn't make sense to jump in a car and head to Philly at 8 am unless you know she left before 6 am. By all accounts, her leaving at that time was fairly sudden and premature.

My first guess is that she may have gotten into an accident or pulled over and had a medical event. Hopefully I will be in the area to check that Woodhaven exit tomorrow. Wish I still had my drone...
I did check the highway before and through that exit last week. Pretty clean barriers along the road leading up to the exit and along the right side of the exit. The only worry part I have is the "island" along side the left part of the exit just before the road from the train station merges in. There were skid marks going sharp left but I couldn't look in as it was close to rush hour. Hopefully I will get a look tomorrow.

Thank you, this is definitely the most detailed article yet. So there were stuff left behind at the friends. The pair of sandals she wore the night before, a sneaker and her empty purse. Did she leave barefoot? I don’t see why anyone would take more pairs of shoes than needed
I am so glad that the family hired a private detective.

Just checked.

I am in Fairless Hills, no offense taken. I agree it is horrible how little there is locally about Casey missing. I have limited exposure outside since I am disabled but I see nothing in the papers or on the local news. Whenever we are out I am looking at every car looking for a silver Ford Focus, I have Casey's license plate memorized - just in case. I don't understand how her car hasn't been seen or found. Every day that goes by makes it more of a worry. She is local - there should be more attention being paid to Casey being missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back