Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Everyone local ok after those tornados?? One right by Feasterville Trevose took out the Faulkner dealership. Hope Casey’s family is ok.

beyond concerned she hasn’t been found yet and no new info is coming out. What could’ve happened to her ?!?!

Exclusive: Missing Bucks Co. Woman's Parents & Private Investigator Speak Out | Lower Bucks Source

The part about her losing her phone in view of a surveillance camera is strange. Was this the night before or in the morning?

"She was captured on video surveillance stopping for a moment in the area of 10th Street, where she puts her cell phone down for a second and then forgets it as she begins to walk to her car, Ryan said."

Where did y'all read about them being at a hookah bar? The caption on the pic says Tango, which is most definitely a bar that serves alcohol, it's not BYOB.

Everyone local ok after those tornados?? One right by Feasterville Trevose took out the Faulkner dealership. Hope Casey’s family is ok.

beyond concerned she hasn’t been found yet and no new info is coming out. What could’ve happened to her ?!?!

Crazy weather! All good here, I did have an appointment to have my car inspected tomorrow at Faulkner Mazda but cancelled it because I couldn't take off work. Hope the staff there are all ok!

It's going to be three weeks that Casey will be missing :(

I'm in Newtown, near Buck rd. and the bypass; the emergency warnings were coming in via my cellphone, but no tornado here; that's awful about the car dealership being destroyed. I hope no one in the area was injured.

Re: Casey... yes, indeed; where is she? The stories are not consistent or, maybe a better way to say it, is they aren't making sense or fitting together in any rational way. I would love to see an interview with her friends and another video of her boyfriend.

I'm also awaiting an answer as to where exactly the sanitation employee found that phone, and how the boyfriend knew Casey had not returned home (maybe their house or apt had a landline, which was going unanswered when he called from work?)

I'm in Newtown, near Buck rd. and the bypass; the emergency warnings were coming in via my cellphone, but no tornado here; that's awful about the car dealership being destroyed. I hope no one in the area was injured.

Re: Casey... yes, indeed; where is she? The stories are not consistent or, maybe a better way to say it, is they aren't making sense or fitting together in any rational way. I would love to see an interview with her friends and another video of her boyfriend.

I'm also awaiting an answer as to where exactly the sanitation employee found that phone, and how the boyfriend knew Casey had not returned home (maybe their house or apt had a landline, which was going unanswered when he called from work?)

I’m also in Newtown at Buck Rd and Bypass. Hello Neighbor. Waiting to see how Washington Crossing made out.

Where else could Casey honestly be? Atlantic City? Where is her car? Is the PPA scanning for her tag?

In Philly, crime doesn’t have a time. If Casey exited 95N at any point before she reached home, she would most likely be in a sketchy area, some more than others. (I can say that because I live off the Cottman Avenue exit, lol.) And in my experience, the junkies and tweakers are pretty active that early in the morning.

Yep. Same in Kensington. "Summer camp" for adults, open 24/7.

Just for the heck of it I'm going to re-watch the footage of Casey's boyfriend. My forst impression was that he seemed so refined, even a bit effeminate. Not someone I could imagine harming anyone
I’m also in Newtown at Buck Rd and Bypass. Hello Neighbor. Waiting to see how Washington Crossing made out.

Where else could Casey honestly be? Atlantic City? Where is her car? Is the PPA scanning for her tag?

Oh, my gosh, you do? What are the chances, and yet, here we are!

Re: Washington Crossing. I, too, am curious. I guess we'll know soon enough.

As for Casey, she's been missing for nearly three weeks. I would love to feel optimistic, but knowing she hasn't withdrawn money from her account paints a less-than-rosy picture.

At least if she were an addict - or even an addict in recovery - a theory could emerge that maybe she was in Kensington, "camping out" in droopy, dreamy, anonymity with the rest of them. You could even speculate that she conspired with one of her drug buds to hide the car for the duration of this little drug binge. But, no, that seems as far from the Casey we've been hearing about as the distance from Philly to the moon.

Realistically, where could she have gone?

I’m in Lambertville, so a bit up the road from some of you folks! Heard WC bridge was closed earlier but not sure if it was a temporary thing right after the tornado or if it’s been more severely damaged.

I am curious about this new video footage showing Casey setting her phone down and then apparently forgetting to retrieve it before walking out of camera range. Where did she set it down—top of a car? Sidewalk? Newspaper box? I feel like this indicates she was either very confused/not clear-headed/possibly intoxicated either by choice or by someone else OR that she deliberately ditched the phone so as not to be tracked by anyone (family/friends). Either way, the behavior is very concerning and, IMO, doesn’t bode well for her.

Exclusive: Missing Bucks Co. Woman's Parents & Private Investigator Speak Out | Lower Bucks Source

The part about her losing her phone in view of a surveillance camera is strange. Was this the night before or in the morning?

"She was captured on video surveillance stopping for a moment in the area of 10th Street, where she puts her cell phone down for a second and then forgets it as she begins to walk to her car, Ryan said."

Where did y'all read about them being at a hookah bar? The caption on the pic says Tango, which is most definitely a bar that serves alcohol, it's not BYOB.

The phone; this phrase just races more questions. So she lost it just before she went to her parked car. She puts her cell phone down for a second? Where. On the ground, on a bin, on some "city furniture"?
And as there is footage, was she barefoot, only wearing one sneaker at that moment?

I saw an article specified she has bipolar personality disorder and takes medication which wouldn’t have been with her at the time of disappearance alluding to like a manic episode but the idea a manic episode would drive someone to go completely off the grid for this length of time after a night of drinking seems far fetched.
Just clarifying it’s bipolar disorder. Borderline personality disorder is something different.

Does somebody know of a particular reason I can't reach the Namus database? There are some changes, maybe they are working on in, but I couldn't find anything about it on the site.

I live here in Philly. I am shocked there is not more news coverage on our local "news" stations. i can attest that bad things do happen in Philadelphia, especially as of late. Philly is so sketchy anymore. As other posters stated, I95 is right there. I do wonder where she did park though. Philly has a lot of ppl around there with many social determinants of health. I do think this is something more than her just getting lost, which is very unfortunate.

My thoughts so far are precisely this - and that if she was "manic" (potentially bipolar?) and feeling unwell, either due to a bad night, where she felt awful and drink made it worse, or even without any drink at all, driving in that state in an unknown area may have been confusing. Going the wrong way she could have stopped to check her location and something could have happened, potentially involving an aggressor. I feel like phones should have more safety apps within them so someone can send an alert in times of crisis. We can get apps for this, but it should be built in. Women and many other groups are still so vulnerable to attacks by violent men ( I say this only as most attacks are committed by men, regardless of whether on women or men - not because I'm some huge misandrist).

Does somebody know of a particular reason I can't reach the Namus database? There are some changes, maybe they are working on in, but I couldn't find anything about it on the site.

Yes, they're making changes. (I posted about it in the About NamUs forum the other day).
About NamUs (scroll all the way down).

Right now I can't log in or search any of the databases. I'm betting it'll be that way all weekend ... who knows, maybe longer. :(

Things to take into account here... the area which she supposedly left from in her car is heavily trafficked at the early hours due to restaurant deliveries and very dedicated business owners who generally live above/near their stores.

If she was at a hookah bar then they most likely wouldn't serve alcohol but would be BYOB so there is no way to recount her alcohol intake. Only her friends would have an idea of that.

To me, leaving a purse or shoe(s) behind after a night out is only a red flag of intoxication. It seems she used said purse only for her phone and ID/cards, maybe a lip gloss.

The neighborhood sanitation workers aren't only trash pick up. There are street sweepers both with zamboni-style vehicles or broom and pan with a mobile trash cart.

As of now I hadn't seen anything about a hookah lounge. Albeit there's that one on Cherry Street. Think Day N Nite? However without adding more confusion we'll stick to the original karaoke bar.

Right about the sanitation workers. Dang, I can't think of the name, but one of those employs ex convicts specifically. Not saying this worker is employed by them. Even if he is he gave the phone back. That's huge. No judgment just going around in my head.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Some more information about her that I find informative since I didn't really find any new updates about her except the "Bring Casey home" page on FB.

Geez, did they really need to put that she may have some leg and armpit stubble? <facepalm>

I'm really surprised it mentions the argument at the friend's apartment, and doesn't just say she left her friend's apartment after a night out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back