Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As of now I hadn't seen anything about a hookah lounge. Albeit there's that one on Cherry Street. Think Day N Nite? However without adding more confusion we'll stick to the original karaoke bar.

Right about the sanitation workers. Dang, I can't think of the name, but one of those employs ex convicts specifically. Not saying this worker is employed by them. Even if he is he gave the phone back. That's huge. No judgment just going around in my head.

True. I wonder if the phone was locked when he found it, so he had no reason to hold onto it? So many questions still, and no answers.

There was no hooka bar; I don't know where I'd read that (up to now, I've gone to too many websites that state conflicting information.) Moving forward I'm limiting my information sources to the fb page set up by her family (BringCaseyHome) as they've been posting daily updates -- nothing new, though, to date, and Websleuths.com.

Maybe someone here will find something by a reputable source. Unfortunately, it's the msm that seem to report details that either aren't confirmed, are ambiguous, or are downright incorrect, i.e. the police didn't find her phone, athough they are now in possession of it. The city sanitation worker found the phone and answered it when Casey's parents called.

Casey and friends went to the bar which is located at 1021 Arch Street, Phila., in Philly's Chinatown enclave. Nowhere, afaik, is it stated what time they went to the bar or at which time they left. There is the photo taken of Casey with her handbag draped over her shoulder, and the time is around midnight. So, it's possible that this pic was taken before they left for the bar, and they were, perhaps, having drinks at the apartment first?

The phone was found at 10th Street, and the sanitation employee answered the phone "the day after" Casey was reported missing. I take this to mean it was Sunday. This is interesting, as it means the worker was working on Sunday (it's hard enough to get Philly trash collected and streets maintained during the week and Sat., but, oh well.) Maybe it was an off-work employee, the timeline is off, or maybe it doesn't matter.

The friend's apartment is at Summer Street, near 12th and Vine St. I tried to zero in on which property it might be, and it looks as though it might be a fairly-new looking building (condos?) directly around the corner from a funeral home. Again, I could find no precise address for this residence.

Her family did say the police have not shown them the still shot of Casey getting into her car to leave the friend's apartment that morning, nor is it stated where exactly she parked. If I'm breaking any rules here, moderators, it's not intentional, and I apologize.

As of now I hadn't seen anything about a hookah lounge. Albeit there's that one on Cherry Street. Think Day N Nite? However without adding more confusion we'll stick to the original karaoke bar.

Right about the sanitation workers. Dang, I can't think of the name, but one of those employs ex convicts specifically. Not saying this worker is employed by them. Even if he is he gave the phone back. That's huge. No judgment just going around in my head.

True. I wonder if the phone was locked when he found it, so he had no reason to hold onto it? So many questions still, and no answers.

There was no hooka bar; I don't know where I'd read that (up to now, I've gone to too many websites that state conflicting information.) Moving forward I'm limiting my information sources to the fb page set up by her family (BringCaseyHome) as they've been posting daily updates -- nothing new, though, to date, and Websleuths.com.

Maybe someone here will find something by a reputable source. Unfortunately, it's the msm that seem to report details that either aren't confirmed, are ambiguous, or are downright incorrect, i.e. the police didn't find her phone, although they are now in possession of it. The city sanitation worker found the phone and answered it when Casey's parents called.

Casey and friends went to the bar which is located at 1021 Arch Street, Phila., in Philly's Chinatown enclave. Nowhere, afaik, is it stated what time they went to the bar or at which time they left. There is the photo taken of Casey with her handbag draped over her shoulder, and the time is around midnight. So, it's possible that this pic was taken before they left for the bar, and they were, perhaps, having drinks at the apartment first?

The phone was found at 10th Street, and the sanitation employee answered the phone "the day after" Casey was reported missing. I take this to mean it was Sunday. This is interesting, as it means the worker was working on Sunday (it's hard enough to get Philly trash collected and streets maintained during the week and Sat., but, oh well.) Maybe it was an off-work employee, the timeline is off, or maybe it doesn't matter.

The friend's apartment is at Summer Street, near N. 12th St. I tried to zero in on which property it might be, and it looks as though it might be a fairly-new looking building (condos?) directly around the corner from a funeral home. Again, I could find no precise address for this residence.

Her family did say the police have not shown them the still shot of Casey getting into her car to leave the friend's apartment that morning, nor is it stated where exactly she parked. Although a camera shows her car headed towards I-95, it does not show her actually drive onto 95, either North or South, but the presumption is she went North, towards her home in Langhorne, PA.

I have read comments on various sites, including her family's page, in which suggestions are made to check "lakes, rivers, and bodies of water." There just aren't that many bodies of water that her car could drive into undetected. They are mostly barrier-protected; in any case, Phila. is crowded, as are the suburbs here, and nothing much goes unnoticed for long.

If I'm breaking any rules here, moderators, it's not intentional, and I apologize.

Last edited:
In the Dateline article (posted by @GuyfromCanada) it says:
BBM

Her mother drove to the Jersey Shore, where they have a condo, to see if maybe Casey decided to get away for a few days.

Hmm. Just wondering if they've checked the road all the way heading that direction? Looks like you pass a state forest - could she run off into trees?

View attachment 306779

Search for missing Pennsylvania woman intensifies two weeks after she disappeared after leaving friend’s house in Philadelphia
Good point! Except she'd lost her phone, and only had $25 with her, according to reports. Her bank records show no activity. I would think that she'd have a tough time being away from her phone for long, and she'd want to resume the search for it or, at any rate, buy a new one. I have a daughter that age and from what she's told me - and from what I observe - that iphone is like part of her anatomy. This seems to be the case with most young adults nowadays, as far as I can tell.

Looks like her car may have been found. Someone tweet replied they saw many police vehicles at the Woodhaven exit of rte 1.

Attachments

• DC2B83F5-6312-4ECE-B181-9D9F25C3CD89.png
    DC2B83F5-6312-4ECE-B181-9D9F25C3CD89.png
    434.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
This is my 1st post... I've been following this case for weeks. Casey is distantly related to a relative of mine. (I've never met Casey). Not good news, nothing confirmed by family yet. I feel so sad. :(

Car may have been found:
Police may have found car of Bucks County woman who vanished 3 weeks ago

I know this exit very well. She would have been getting off to go north on RT-1 (Blvd). I live around the corner from Woodhaven. Very curvy, minimal guardrails, wooded. Exit in red currently closed for police activity

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-185659_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-185659_Maps.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20210731-185333_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-185333_Maps.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20210731-183351_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-183351_Twitter.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Oh, this is awful news. As for the family's fb page, I think it's been disabled. To think she made it almost all the way home as this is the exit she'd take. Just tragic.

Edited to add: Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here, but it's been THREE weeks and police didn't find this sooner? They knew this would be her exit, its density can't compare to a forest or state park, and almost certainly there have been accidents here before. I don't understand.

Last edited:
Trying to find breaks in the guardrail & the only one I see until on the Blvd is right before the ramp.

I saw that. Unless, she was coming down the ramp fast and jumped the median to the other lane, there's woods and no guardrail there too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-202820_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-202820_Maps.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
If that is her car, and her, that is so sad. My friend was drunk, went off the curve on a freeway entry, ended up in a pond with his car and was not found for months. They installed more guardrails after. I would assume the car was fairly far off the road or someone would have seen it sooner?

I have been following on and off, hoping for the best.
Just seeing this news about the car now. I feel so very sorry for Casey and her loved ones.
Then it's possible Casey survived the crash, and managed to exit the car since she hasn't been located.
So very sad.
So close to home....:(

Police may have found car of Bucks County woman who vanished 3 weeks ago

NORTH PHILADELPHIA - Police believe they may have found the car of a missing Bucks County woman who vanished three weeks ago after leaving a friend's apartment in Philadelphia.

FOX 29's Alex George says police found a gray 2016 Ford Focus on Woodhaven Road in Northeast Philadelphia that may belong to 26-year-old Cassandra Johnston.

Video talks about the helicopter searching for her and dogs may have been called in. :(

This news makes me want to cry and I don’t even know her.

Someone on this thread called out that exit early on as a potential site for Casey to have run off the road. I figured she never made it that far. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back