Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Casey lost the phone while they were out, she wouldn't be able to 1. get directions when leaving the friend's apartment, and 2. text or call someone if there was a disagreement between the friends prior to her leaving.

I imagine she might call her boyfriend or sister if an altercation occurred that was bad enough to make her leave the friend's apartment, but she of course couldn't do this if her phone was already lost at this point

IMO if she was lost and she is still around by now, she would have definitely found a way to contact her family, friend, boyfriend. Asking to use somebody else's phone, going to a police station or whatever.....I think Casey is no longer with us or restricted to make contact. Sorry.....painful but realistic. You never know (I've seen to many people smiling, before they took the backdoor) but she doesn't seem to be a lady that's just going of the grid..meaning I don't think her missing was her own choice.....people close to her could have a better knowledge....and even then you never know....Again...I don't know what possible rebound effects her not having her medication for bipolar could have had. I'm so very concerned for her.

Last edited:
IMO if she was lost and she is still around by now, she would have definitely found a way to contact her family, friend, boyfriend. Asking to use somebody else's phone, going to a police station or whatever.....I think Casey is no longer with us or restricted to make contact. Sorry.....painful but realistic. You never know (I've seen to many people smiling, before they took the backdoor) but she doesn't seem to be a lady that's just going of the grid..meaning I don't think her missing was her own choice.....people close to her could have a better knowledge....and even then you never know....Again...I don't know what possible rebound effects her not having her medication for bipolar could have had. I'm so very concerned for her.

Agreed. I don't mean to imply that she's still lost, but that if she lost her phone while they were out, it could explain why / how she got lost, without directions, and also why she may have not contacted anyone, had there been some sort of disagreement.

'This Is Not Like Casey At All': Cassandra Johnston’s Loved Ones Holding On To Hope After Her Disappearance

In this video, her boyfriend says he left for work at 6 AM, and was surprised when Casey hadn't returned home 2 hours later. Which means he expected her to be home by then, and that she likely planned on coming back that early. This leads me to believe that a disagreement isn't what led her to leave, if one even occurred.

There have seem to be a "tiff" while being at her friend's house and she stormed off...heading home. Driving from friends place to her home would take aproxx. half an hour.

I almost wish the parents didn’t disclose bipolar to the media - it’s so easy to just dismiss a missing person with certain RXs as self-harm. With that said - and I imagine it varies considerably - how many days can someone be without medication before she’s significantly impaired?

I know there are billboards & flyers but any searches from the public?

If Casey lost the phone while they were out, she wouldn't be able to 1. get directions when leaving the friend's apartment, and 2. text or call someone if there was a disagreement between the friends prior to her leaving.

I imagine she might call her boyfriend or sister if an altercation occurred that was bad enough to make her leave the friend's apartment, but she of course couldn't do this if her phone was already lost at this point

Very true. But even though her friends have said to the media that she has a poor sense of direction, she may have not needed directions to get from her friend's house to her own if she'd done it before. She also goes to school in the city (although I don't know if they've mentioned whether she lives on campus during the year?) so I imagine she knows her way around Philadelphia at least to get to 95. IMO of course.

Very true. But even though her friends have said to the media that she has a poor sense of direction, she may have not needed directions to get from her friend's house to her own if she'd done it before. She also goes to school in the city (although I don't know if they've mentioned whether she lives on campus during the year?) so I imagine she knows her way around Philadelphia at least to get to 95. IMO of course.

I’m inclined to agree. I don’t know the Temple area but if she regularly travels between Temple and Feasterville, she’d probably realize fairly quickly if she accidentally took 95 south, right? My concern is that if she’s tired, maybe a little tipsy, and maybe a little upset from the tiff, she’s more likely to make a mistake. Is she the type to panic quickly? There are definitely some areas of Philly (and Camden, depending on which way on Vine) that would panic a lost, scared, and phone-less young woman. Would bridge cams have captured her plate if she ended up on Ben Franklin? (No tolls entering NJ).

I’m inclined to agree. I don’t know the Temple area but if she regularly travels between Temple and Feasterville, she’d probably realize fairly quickly if she accidentally took 95 south, right? My concern is that if she’s tired, maybe a little tipsy, and maybe a little upset from the tiff, she’s more likely to make a mistake. Is she the type to panic quickly? There are definitely some areas of Philly (and Camden, depending on which way on Vine) that would panic a lost, scared, and phone-less young woman. Would bridge cams have captured her plate if she ended up on Ben Franklin? (No tolls entering NJ).

I agree. Even if someone knows the area, being impaired in any way (alcohol or seep) can cause a mix-up. It's very easy to take a wrong turn, and navigating back can be difficult, especially with all the construction and without a phone.

I've taken the wrong exit on more than one occasion

BBM IMO I think so. Temple and the area she went missing from aren't necessarily close to one another but she should be comfortable with the highways in the area.

Totally agree on the idea that if she got lost she would be scared -- but then what? It's been almost a week. Unless she was met with foul play somewhere she would have eventually found some way to contact her friends/family.

I've seen a lot of comments about her happening across the rough areas of Philly and something bad happening to her there. Of course, it's possible -- bad things happen everywhere. But just because you're in a bad neighborhood doesn't mean everyone there wants to rob or murder you. I went to college north of Temple, so an even worse area, and the locals for the most part are nice people. One day I was alone, as a young teenage girl, and had a flat tire and a stranger changed it for me. Asked for nothing.

I've kind of rambled here but anyway. I personally think it's more than she got lost. But I would like to know if she ever left Philly.

ETA: I'm realizing I sound kind of like a pollyanna about the city and I watch enough local news to know it's not all sunshine and rainbows over here. I'm just trying to find the bigger picture of where she may have ended up.

Last edited:
I almost wish the parents didn’t disclose bipolar to the media - it’s so easy to just dismiss a missing person with certain RXs as self-harm. With that said - and I imagine it varies considerably - how many days can someone be without medication before she’s significantly impaired?

She can experience withdrawal symptoms, the risk of having a relapse is also very high. Without taking anticonvulsants (mood stabilizers in layman terms), a person with bipolar disorder may have suicidal thoughts and episodes of mania.
These withdrawal symptoms can begin anywhere from 24 to 48 hours at most.

There are no bad areas of Philly if you accidentally head south on 95 until you hit Chester. There's an exit at Columbus Blvd by South St, an exit for I-76 & Front/Oregon, the exit for the sports complex, and then the airport. None of those are in any sort of high crime neighborhood (in general, South Philly is a relatively safe area of the city). The sports complex is an easy exit to turn around and get back on in the other direction , as is the airport.

I remember when I was in college there were times when my phone slipped out of my sweatshirt pocket at a gas station or bending down to stretch my legs after coming out of the bar. I'm now much more cognizant about putting my phone in a secure pocket where it can't fall out easily. The phone on the ground could be as innocent as it slipping out of her pocket.

If Casey lost her phone and was trying to get back home, you'd think she'd ask to use a stranger's phone or make her way to some sort of retail business to use theirs. Her boyfriend says she doesn't have a great sense of direction. Neither do I, but if I took a wrong turn to a different part of the city, I'd be able to ask for help.

Interesting that her car hasn't been found. Was she intoxicated and crashed it somewhere remote? If she did run into someone who wished her harm, have they gotten rid of the car or stashed it somewhere? Only $25 cash and no activity on her cards. If she did take off somewhere in her car I guess $25 could get her a ways outside the city...

I was at 12th and Vine today, there isn’t a single poster or sign for her, nothing. It’s not that hard to accidentally cross the bridge to Camden from there if you get in the wrong lane on Race. I worry imagining her when she suddenly sees she’s lost, pulls over, reaches for her phone which she realizes she doesn’t have as it was reportedly found on the ground near where she parked. I also hate that shady Days Inn on the 1200 block of Race. Where are you Casey?
All that and a bag of chips. I was fixated on where Casey parked and all the homeless men either trying to get in or left facilities.

YES! So dang easy to be rerouted to the bridge straight to Camden. I don't even like that lighting bolt or that Franklin Square whatever. Bad vibes.

JMO Cassandra got scooped up near her parking space. Now we gotta find her.

Days Inn Wyndham. What a joke. Don't let the Wyndham fool ya! All kinds of transients out front and moseying about.

Girl please, please make it back safe. Please@

Has it been reported how far of a walk she had to get to her car? Did her friends know where she parked? If there was a disagreement a good friend wouldn't let her leave with things unresolved or let alone drive home drunk. A thought maybe she didn't take i95 home bc she was drinking & took the back roads home instead. A bit longer of a drive. i certainly don't want to be driving on I95 riddled with construction, uneven roads, after i had a few....jmo

According to the Bring Casey Home page, police are no longer allowing public searches.
278138-e045ff458cdd6c4a4e83282ad5889288.jpg

Bring Casey Home

Attachments

• Casey Page.png
    Casey Page.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 38
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing Persons Case Report
Thumbnail

Missing Person / NamUs #MP82314 Cassandra Josephine Johnston, Female, White / Caucasian
Status Missing
Date of Last Contact July 10, 2021
Missing From Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Missing Age26 Years
Current Age26 Years

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age 26 Years
Current Age 26 Years
First Name Cassandra
Middle Name Josephine
Last Name Johnston
Nickname/Alias Casey

SexFemale
Height 5' 3" - 5' 4" (63 - 64 Inches)
Weight 185 - 195 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact July 10, 2021
NamUs Case Created July 16, 2021

Last Known Location
Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
County Philadelphia County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--

Circumstances of Disappearance Last seen getting into her car outside of her friend's apartment in Chinatown on Summer and Camac Street. Cassandra and her friends had been partying at Tango Karaoke Bar from Friday night into the early hours Saturday morning. After returning to her friends apartment there was an argument that angered Cassandra and prompted her to leave at 5:51 am.

Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Shoulder-length, wavy, thick hair.
Body Hair Description Possibly stubble to short armpit and leg hair.
Facial Hair Description None
Left Eye Color Green
Right Eye Color Green
Eye Description Round eyes, she wears glasses that are black framed, but she may not have them.
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Tattoo
On her right shoulder and upper arm is a floral arrangement.

Tattoo
Her right collarbone has a sunflower with a quote saying "You are my sunshine".

Tattoo
On her right side ribs she has a heart and a quote saying "Will I wake tomorrow from this nightmare".

Tattoo
On her left ankle there is a tattoo of a man holding hands with a little girl and a quite saying "My greatest hero".

Tattoo
On her left inner ankle there is a tattoo with a star, moon, and a sun.

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
She may have a black and gray Temple University backpack, and if she does she may have put on black leggings.

Clothing
Last seen wearing a white tube top and a cheetah print skirt with a split up the thigh. Shoes unknown. Possibly changed into black leggings, depending in whether she has her backpack with her.

Additional Case Info

Transportation
2016 Ford Focus

Style Hatchback
Color Aluminum/Silver
State Pennsylvania
License Plate KSA8807
Expiration Year--
Comments On the back of the car by the license plate there are 2 decals, both are Temple University Owls decals. Then on the back window behind the driver side rear door is a decal of a heart with a paw print.

Images & Documents
Thumbnail

Facial/case ID
Uploaded: July 16, 2021
--
Exclusions

Contacts
Investigating Agencies

Philadelphia Police Department

Address 300 East Hunting Park Avenue Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19125
County Philadelphia County
Main Phone (215) 686-3093