Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The storming off part of the story is strange to me, how many times have we heard in a domestic situation “oh she just stormed off” only to find out something else happened.... it makes me weary that no one has found the vehicle and the idea she would leave by herself having lost her phone alone from the apartment as young as she is and I’m sure usually relying on her phone for things like directions and communication - if there was an accident, I don’t know how the car would also be missing for this length of time with people actively searching for it and her.

I wonder the context of what the disagreement was as to why she left because out of context it isn’t making a ton of sense.

The Fox29 news on page 1 says that she also has mental health issues, do we know exactly what were they? I don't think you'd know, i'm just curious.

I saw an article specified she has bipolar personality disorder and takes medication which wouldn’t have been with her at the time of disappearance alluding to like a manic episode but the idea a manic episode would drive someone to go completely off the grid for this length of time after a night of drinking seems far fetched.

I saw an article specified she has bipolar personality disorder and takes medication which wouldn’t have been with her at the time of disappearance alluding to like a manic episode but the idea a manic episode would drive someone to go completely off the grid for this length of time after a night of drinking seems far fetched.

Yeah, I found out about it later. This was days ago.
Read the later conversations too.

The storming off part of the story is strange to me, how many times have we heard in a domestic situation “oh she just stormed off” only to find out something else happened.... it makes me weary that no one has found the vehicle and the idea she would leave by herself having lost her phone alone from the apartment as young as she is and I’m sure usually relying on her phone for things like directions and communication - if there was an accident, I don’t know how the car would also be missing for this length of time with people actively searching for it and her.

I wonder the context of what the disagreement was as to why she left because out of context it isn’t making a ton of sense.
If the argument was with the friend as stated earlier, it would make sense to me they disagreed on if she should drive home or not, especially without a phone. 5:30 am implies to me that they never went to sleep after going out. I have disagreed with many "friends" on whether they were in driving condition or not. So in my opinion, this could be valid.
But I do cringe every time someone goes missing after an argument :(

Bing Maps shows 8 camera feeds on 95 throughout her route. Again, why is only one photo of her vehicle acknowledged?
Could she have never made it out of ChinaTown? Maybe stopped for food? Coffee?
The freeways look really confusing right there. Are these difficult to transition? Does anyone from that area know? If so, seems highly likely she never made it on 95 in the correct direction?

Last edited:
My dad used to tell me stories of growing up in Philly during the 20's. He said there were gangs of kids even back then, not including the "gangsters" as he called them. Did you know that the founder of a very well known Army-Navy store in Philly was busted for selling machineguns and BAR's to the mob in the 20's? The middle man for him was "Bo Bo Hoff" who had a mansion in what is now Marsh Creek State Park and was an associate of Capone's. Philly's crime record goes way back.

My dad used to tell me stories of growing up in Philly during the 20's. He said there were gangs of kids even back then, not including the "gangsters" as he called them. Did you know that the founder of a very well known Army-Navy store in Philly was busted for selling machineguns and BAR's to the mob in the 20's? The middle man for him was "Bo Bo Hoff" who had a mansion in what is now Marsh Creek State Park and was an associate of Capone's. Philly's crime record goes way back.
I hear you, this does not surprise me. I’ve heard similar stories growing up. There were all sorts of normal and nice families and i would hear rumors that they were mob connected. Many family owned business and franchises were questionable. I had a friend working at an ice cream store talking about shady men dressed up with suitcases meeting with the owner in the back of the store. No evidence of anything, but shady for sure.

I’m still on the theory of yet to be discovered car accident. She was drinking, had argued with a friend, lost her phone. Not a good combination of circumstances to be driving. Moo
This made the most sense to me also. Especially after I did the map search of the area. It is super confusing to get on the freeway from her "last known photo". She had no navigation, was bad with directions and possibly still impaired. It is possible, if there was an accident, she was lost beforehand and they are not looking in the right place.
I hope they find her SOON!

Bing Maps shows 8 camera feeds on 95 throughout her route. Again, why is only one photo of her vehicle acknowledged?
The freeways look really confusing right there. Are these difficult to transition? Does anyone from that area know? If so, seems highly likely she never made it on 95 in the correct direction?

I know it well and it’s still confusing! There is usually construction, lane shifts, accidents etc. going on at any given time and we are not considerate drivers to someone who appears lost. She may have even gotten forced off the wrong exit or unable to merge if someone was really being a jerk. And those cameras are live shots, they don’t record. They should!!

I have bipolar and unfortunately before I was stabilized or consistently took my medicine I would take off on spur of the moment trips. Usually after a conflict and I really couldn’t process conflict. Alcohol or drugs definitely did not help me at all. The difference that I see is that I would usually drain my account, even my bill money, unless I was staying with somebody or already had enough cash. And yes I would take off with strangers on occasion. I do remember my intentions were to start over until my cycle turned to depression. It was a symptom of my mania, but if this is unusual for CJ then it’s definitely cause for big concern. I really hope it’s a manic episode and she is safe on a beach somewhere enjoying the weather because it’s much better than any alternative. That can all be treated when she comes home. The cases that involve mental illness always get to me. Although I am in the group that believes in a yet to be discovered crash unfortunately. Please come home Cassandra❤️

I lived in the area when I was Cassie's age and I've recently moved back to central NJ and have been to Philly in recent months. That intersection to get onto the highway is confusing and I'm usually good with directions. Recently, I was driving back from Philly with a friend who is not a good driver and has a tough time with directions... he missed the on ramp and we ended up in Camden. I have done this more than once myself after an evening out in Philly so I think it is very likely she got confused/lost and did not have a phone or an ability to contact anyone for help. I found it interesting her car has yet to be seen anywhere though. I also find it interesting the similarities between her case and Toni Sharpless. Hopefully, Cassie is found soon and is ok.

New Surveillance Images Of Cassandra Johnston's Car In Philadelphia On Day She Went Missing
The photo of her car is show at Vine st and Franklin St, she is clearly in the correct lane and merging into the correct lane that takes her onto I-95. I did a google map search and put in the address she was last seen and her address, it’s 22 miles 33 minute drive. Her drive is very direct- mostly 95- I highly doubt she got lost. I still think there is a good chance she made it home, especially after looking at google maps and her commute. She was a Temple student, I’m sure she is very aware of how to drive to and from Philly. An accident on 95 would not go unnoticed. She is not in Philadelphia. If you look at where she lives, it’s a highly wooded area. Something happening by home is more likely to go unnoticed.

Last edited:
I lived in the area when I was Cassie's age and I've recently moved back to central NJ and have been to Philly in recent months. That intersection to get onto the highway is confusing and I'm usually good with directions. Recently, I was driving back from Philly with a friend who is not a good driver and has a tough time with directions... he missed the on ramp and we ended up in Camden. I have done this more than once myself after an evening out in Philly so I think it is very likely she got confused/lost and did not have a phone or an ability to contact anyone for help. I found it interesting her car has yet to be seen anywhere though. I also find it interesting the similarities between her case and Toni Sharpless. Hopefully, Cassie is found soon and is ok.
What on ramp are you talking about. Her car is seen merging into the correct lane to get on I95. That would not take her to Camden. She was going in the correct direction to get home

Does anyone know if EZPass logs vehicles as they cross the non-toll side? Specific transponders - I’m sure there’s an aggregate count for traffic management purposes.

DRPA has cameras everywhere so I’m guessing that her car would have been spotted by now.

I agree that it is easy to wind up in NJ - and keep in mind there are PA/NJ bridges from far South Philly all the way up to Trenton - but it is sounding more like something happened just before entry to 95N or an exit off 95N in lower Bucks.

I wish there were searches (in addition to all the signs). Our family does a ton of hiking and obviously I’m the one with a mental checklist in the back of my head.

511 PA
there are many cameras along I95 north and south. They have a live stream going. They need to get a hold of copied and check all of the cameras especially the woodhaven exit (the one she would have gotten off on.) If she accidentally merged i95 south they should be able to see as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back