PA - Chloe Elizabeth Stein, 23, charged with faking own abduction, Hempfield Twp, 1 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Considering the reason why she took off, if this girl had simply shut her phone off and driven away somewhere after work one day, people would have been much more understanding. Then she would have been legitimately missing.

However telling her bf she was being pulled over, ditching her car and hiding out while ignoring pleas for her safe return IMO makes her a piece of poo.

What makes her so special? Throw the book at her.
If she was 15, I'd have more sympathy for her... depending on her upbringing, perhaps a child at that age wouldn't have understood the repercussions for her actions (i.e., police time/money as one example) but she is 23, beyond adult age, although she looks much younger, so I have no sympathy, either. Other than whatever made her do what she did that led her to believe it was the "right thing to do" for her at the time, though I can't imagine what that was, she needs to pay in some way for the angst caused to her family and friends and for LE and others who searched and devoted essential man hour that could have been devoted to legitimate cases. UGH.

(RSBM) Exactly. If she genuinely panicked and became what by all accounts is a "real" missing person, that would be one thing. But she chose to lie to her boyfriend, incite panic, willingly hide, and cause a scene with wasting LE and community resources. I wouldn't call her a "piece of poo", but she really messed up. IMO.
You are a bigger person than I (more mature as well). Exactly, she could've just taken off for awhile.

With everything we see just on WS alone, someone faking an abduction is extremely disheartening. Worst part, I know that as I am writing this sentence there is an actual MP somewhere waiting to be found.

I came here to say this.

Not exactly - this is much more concise and much less inflammatory than what I would say. Thanks for saying what needed to be said @Sonny Crockett. IMO too.

Glad some out there agree with me about the fraud that CS perpetrated in this case.

And, just an FYI - what I posted was a lot more restrained than what I actually wanted to say here.

People sure are wild sometimes. Personally, I would much rather confess that I dropped out of school, than have police looking for me because I ditched my car to make it look like I was kidnapped. Also, where I live the car would have been stripped, or stolen, so I would be in trouble with police and no longer have a car lol.

JEANNETTE, Pa. — The Westmoreland County woman who State police say faked her own abduction and disappearance in early May might have to pay more than $11,000 to local law enforcement agencies as part of a plea agreement.

I don't know about everywhere in the country, but in several states and even counties surrounding me, the latest thing is criminals posing as LEOs and pulling over females in fake traffic stops. Have they considered this? Just bc there's no record, doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen. MOO

I don't know about everywhere in the country, but in several states and even counties surrounding me, the latest thing is criminals posing as LEOs and pulling over females in fake traffic stops. Have they considered this? Just bc there's no record, doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen. MOO
She was found and admitted that it was a hoax. She is facing charges.

Correct. It was proven that she lied about being pulled over by anyone; it was all fictitious. As I said in my previous post(s) about this case, what she did was heinous - and will definitely make the authorities think twice before even looking into many other missing persons cases. And, these are already under-investigated.

She did the whole system a huge disservice. Reprehensible.

Last edited:
I don't know about everywhere in the country, but in several states and even counties surrounding me, the latest thing is criminals posing as LEOs and pulling over females in fake traffic stops. Have they considered this? Just bc there's no record, doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen. M
I see. Well, I'm glad she didn't go with a ridiculous abduction story for years on end.

Correct. It was proven that she lied about being pulled over by anyone; it was all fictitious. As I said in my previous post(s) about this case, what she did was heinous - and will definitely make the authorities think twice before even looking into many other missing persons cases. And, these are already under-investigated.

She did the whole system a huge disservice. Reprehensible.
I agree she should be prosecuted. But heinous is a term I reserve for actions that represent the worst of the worst. MOO

I agree she should be prosecuted. But heinous is a term I reserve for actions that represent the worst of the worst. MOO

Lying about being pulled over & making it sound like she was possibly in the custody of the authorities or that she was kidnapped; causing the authorities to look for her - taking valuable time away from legitimate crimes; causing undue concern to her family/friends; etc. - all because she didn't want to admit that she had dropped out of school?! WTF?!

IMHO her actions were definitely heinous.

Lying about being pulled over & making it sound like she was possibly in the custody of the authorities or that she was kidnapped; causing the authorities to look for her - taking valuable time away from legitimate crimes; causing undue concern to her family/friends; etc. - all because she didn't want to admit that she had dropped out of school?! WTF?!

IMHO her actions were definitely heinous.
She didn't harm anyone or steal from anyone. Yes, she used gov't resources unnecessarily. People make mistakes. Too many of our missing person stories end up with the person dead. Hopefully, she gets to make amends and finds happiness in her life. I'm glad she gets that opportunity.

She didn't harm anyone or steal from anyone. Yes, she used gov't resources unnecessarily. People make mistakes. Too many of our missing person stories end up with the person dead. Hopefully, she gets to make amends and finds happiness in her life. I'm glad she gets that opportunity.

First responders were up in helicopters looking for her on days where the weather was so bad, it was a legitimate danger to their lives.

I see. Well, I'm glad she didn't go with a ridiculous abduction story for years on end.
She had no choice.

She dropped out of school but never told her parents. The fake abduction story was apparently to avoid the upcoming graduation ceremony. The police figured out her lies pretty quickly and found her at a friend's house.

Who knows what story she would have made up if they didn't track her down.

Just two months ago, 23-year-old Chloe Stein was arrested on four misdemeanors for allegedly faking her own abduction, per NBC News. She vanished after texting her boyfriend that she got pulled over by a cop. Stein returned home the following evening and told the police that she was abducted, blindfolded and taken to various locations at gunpoint until her “abductor” dropped her off in an alley somewhere near her house. She ended up admitting later in the investigation that she fabricated the whole thing all because she didn’t want to continue college.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back