GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stuck thinking about the hiding under the bed..I wonder is this a rooming house?
There must be someone living there who is not into taking children..This person could solve the case.

Ok, I just read this thread today and I have to ask...

Grandpa has an issue where he thinks people are posing as Muslims to commit crimes, correct? (ETA: "posing" as in, dressing in Muslim garb to hide identity).

Why does no one seem to think that this could all be a fabrication of his doing to prove his point? Child was not injured, was not hidden for long...

Regardless, I am so happy she is safe.

No, I don't believe granddad would do such a thing. I think he is being honest. Le says they are helping in every way. MOO

I don't think people think the grandfather had anything to do with it because there's no indication he did anything, from the police, or any other family.

Grandpa has an issue where he thinks people are posing as Muslims to commit crimes, correct? (ETA: "posing" as in, dressing in Muslim garb to hide identity).

Why does no one seem to think that this could all be a fabrication of his doing to prove his point? Child was not injured, was not hidden for long...

Firstly we don't yet know for certain that the child wasn't injured in any way. Secondly, grandpa doesn't "think" that people are dressing up in burqas to commit crimes, he has offered a reward for the capture of a specific group of criminals who robbed a local bank dressed in burqas. What point do you think he needs to prove? The CCTV footage from the bank already proves they were dressed in burqas.

No, I don't believe granddad would do such a thing. I think he is being honest. Le says they are helping in every way. MOO

I don't think people think the grandfather had anything to do with it because there's no indication he did anything, from the police, or any other family.

Firstly we don't yet know for certain that the child wasn't injured in any way. Secondly, grandpa doesn't "think" that people are dressing up in burqas to commit crimes, he has offered a reward for the capture of a specific group of criminals who robbed a local bank dressed in burqas. What point do you think he needs to prove? The CCTV footage from the bank already proves they were dressed in burqas.

Grandpa is a respected member of the Muslim community apparently. As Cappucino explains above, in his role as Iman and a leader in the community, he did speak out against a specific group of non-Muslims who committed a crime garbed as Muslims.

As to her not being harmed, police have stated that she has been given a sexual assault exam, she was clothed in nothing more than a tee-shirt when found and

during the presser (paraphrased by WS member transcribing) won't comment on any help given to victim because of investigation, will not discuss the 5 year old by name or condition anymore. No child should have to endure what she went through

indicates that she may have been sexually assaulted. They had no problem with her name being out there when they were looking for her. Now, after a rape exam and interviewing child, they are no longer using her name.

I have only ever seen that done to protect a minor victim of sexual assault.
:(

The child has had some preliminary interviews after being released from the hospital.

Police, covering all bases in this investigation, conducted a lie detector test on the girl's father. He passed.

After being released from the hospital, the girl was carried home in her mother's arms and surrounded by detectives.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8954549

Well, someone finally mentioned the father. glad to hear he cooperated with LE and passed his LDT. I didn't think he had anything to do with it but his non presence during the initial days of this case was curious to me.

Child was not injured? Did you watch the press conference earlier today?

I hadn't heard about any of this. So could this be motive to take his grandchild? Could it be related to whoever robbed the bank he is offering a reward for?

Child was not injured? Did you watch the press conference earlier today?

They didn't say anything about child being injured during the press-conference. I don't interpret the sentence about no child having to endure as an indication of child being injured.
Obviously no child should have to endure being kidnapped, blindfolded and hidden under a bed.
I don't think it has to mean more than that.

Also bear in mind that we don't yet know the teenage girl's role in this. She may have been acting on the kidnapper's orders by dropping her back so soon. OTOH, she may have intervened and rescued the girl while the adults in the house were asleep, and if that's the case then for all we know they were planning to kill the child.

I hadn't heard about any of this. So could this be motive to take his grandchild? Could it be related to whoever robbed the bank he is offering a reward for?

Could be. The woman who took her certainly asked for her by name, so they were targetting this specific child, it wasn't a random grab by someone who just wanted any child.

I doubt her name is really Rashida. The names Tiffany and Rashida are probably the ONLY two names we can eliminate.

That's a good point. Maybe they were mentioning the last name "Rashid" and the child wrongly assumed the woman was named Rashida? "Tiffany" also sounds an awful lot like "Latifa" (mother's first name).

They didn't say anything about child being injured during the press-conference. I don't interpret the sentence about no child having to endure as an indication of child being injured.
Obviously no child should have to endure being kidnapped, blindfolded and hidden under a bed.
I don't think it has to mean more than that.

I didn't refer to any individual sentence. It was all the police representative said that led me to be 99% certain this child was injured in a heinous manner.

I would never downplay even the possibility of a sexual assault on a 5 year old child who I knew had been stripped naked, by saying as if it were fact that she had not been injured.

I realize that's just me, and that others may not care about these things.

:twocents: :twocents: :twocents:

Wanted to bring this forward - as I wasn't aware of this before this discussion.

Other media reports identify Nailla's grandfather as Asim Abdur-Rashid, who is a well-known leader in the Islamic communities in Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley. According to a published report in April, he was among a group of Muslims to offer a $20,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of those who disguise themselves as Muslim women while committing crimes in response to a series of bank robberies and a homicide in Philadelphia committed by men dressed in traditional female Islamic attire.

http://articles.mcall.com/2013-01-1..._amber-alert-west-philadelphia-school-reports

Don't want you want left hanging alone so I will admit that I played around with this possibility last night. He made a few comments that struck me as odd so I wondered if there wasn't something more there. A little more research into his position in the community and today's PC has me convinced that I was likely on the wrong track.

I still don't think this was random or involved a SO or trafficking though. For whatever reason the perp(s) wanted N and they were willing to risk a lot to get her. Her grandfather's position and/or his views may be the reason for the crime but I don't think he was behind it.

I think she was chosen because she truly is a beautiful child.

Wanted to bring this forward - as I wasn't aware of this before this discussion.

Other media reports identify Nailla's grandfather as Asim Abdur-Rashid, who is a well-known leader in the Islamic communities in Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley. According to a published report in April, he was among a group of Muslims to offer a $20,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of those who disguise themselves as Muslim women while committing crimes in response to a series of bank robberies and a homicide in Philadelphia committed by men dressed in traditional female Islamic attire.

http://articles.mcall.com/2013-01-1..._amber-alert-west-philadelphia-school-reports

Here's an article about the events leading to her grandfather taking part in offering the reward:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/6at4/story?section=6at4&id=8634303

She knows she was in a house, someone released her in the park and told her to run and call police," the grandfather said said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8954549

"Five-year-olds don't escape. Someone put her at that playground," said Capt. John Darby, commanding officer of Special Victims.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/15/justice/pennsylvania-abduction/index.html

"The child was cowering under a sliding board I believe," Darby said.

"We believe that someone placed her in that playground and left her there," said Upper Darby Police Supt. Michael Chitwood.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/20595337/police-search-for-woman-who-abducted-five-year-old-girl

Police are looking for the suspect and trying to track down more information. Upper Darby police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said it appears the girl was driven or walked to the playground. Investigators are trying to track down surveillance footage from the area.

"We believe that the little girl was dumped here," Chitwood said.

http://news.yahoo.com/pa-girl-snatched-school-found-barefoot-park-021906705.html

Action News has also learned that police believe a second woman became involved in the case when she rescued the girl from that home in West Philadelphia and dropped her off at a playground in Upper Darby, where she was eventually found.

No further information about that second woman have been released.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8956382

Police say the little girl told them a stranger took her from the school Monday. She said she was blindfolded and walked a couple of blocks to a house. N said a teenage girl later took her from that house to the playground, according to police.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-pa-girl-abducted-school-found/story?id=18217095

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member