PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Berks County District Attorney John T. Adams and state police at Hamburg ask that the public provide information related to the hanging deaths of Conner Snyder, 8, and his sister, Brinley L., 4, in their home at the 2442 Route 143, Albany Township.

Kempton: a community in mourning over deaths of children
What kind of information could the public have on the hanging of a 8 and a 4-year-old? If it was homicide, I'm guessing whoever did it isn't going around snitching on themselves. This is weird. It looks like they have someone on their radar.

The WHY is wholly appropriate in every case of sleuthing and it must be asked.
In this case we don't actually know what she did or didn't do if she found them hanging due to an act of somebody, not herself.
She is still innocent until proven guilty.
Where is the proof that she did nothing?
She did something.
She called for help very soon after the asphyxiation or they could not have been recussitated artifically.
Not soon enough to prevent brain death obviously but their condition could have worsened in hospital or secondary complications could have arisen.
We must ask why.
Because she has not been charged with a crime.

Morning Kitty, and all!

I do understand your logic.

However, I will leave the confirmed whys to the ME, forensics, and what is uncovered in the ongoing LE investigations as to what it reveals.

We are a long way out from knowing the confirmed whys by the supporting evidence. Ongoing investigations like this one takes time, but we will know in due time, like we know in all ongoing investigations when completed, where deaths have occured under very suspicious circumstances, imo.

We rarely know the specifics at this juncture when any investigation is ongoing.

So I don't find this one totally different than others. All we know about this investigation is it's an ongoing criminal investigation.

I also think we know both children were still hanging from the basement rafters when EMTs arrived, and got them down, and both died. Imo, both most likely were brain dead when taken down, and the three day wait was because they were both organ donors.

I do think their older brother will be a valuable asset for the investigators, and will have a wealth of information to inform LE what had happened inside of their home even before the 2 children were found hung from the basement rafters.

Imo, he can answer many questions they most assuredly have. He has already informed them his mom had several phones. So I think he is fully cooperating with LE.

As we know, no investigation only includes what just happened in any death, but they always go back to find out what may have gone on in the home or life in general.. before the deaths occured, and what was done afterwards.

All of it, before, during, and afterwards will be of vital importance to all LE investigations.

This one will be the same. We just saw the same thing happen when Josh Brown woundup being murdered. Its SOP for all investigations for no death is ever done in a vacuum, starting, and ending there..

As for IUPG, I wholeheartedly agree. IUPG applies to each sitting jury before any evidence has been entered. After OSs, then compelling evidence can quuckly erode IUPG of any defendant.

However, that is only a required judicial standard that must be adhered to in courtrooms everywhere by each set of juries.

IUPG does not spillover to the public at large as a requirement.

Instead all UNinvolved citizens have the freedom to express an indivudual opinion about anything, including criminal cases. We are free to express our opinions before an arrest, during, and afterwards... even after verdicts have been rendered by jurors.

None of us are legally bound to be in agreement with IUPG or the jury or anyone else for that matter on any subject matter.

Jmho

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is allowed, or if someone else thought this already. Could this be a punishment of sorts and the children became frantic and the chairs toppled, leaving them dangling? Could it have started with tippy toes on chairs, attached to dog lead but the little one's toes slipped, chair went tumbling. Older on trying to call for help, topples own chair and hearing a ruckus, mom comes down and finds them and calls 911, immediately tries to cast blame on son?

I'm not sure if this is allowed, or if someone else thought this already. Could this be a punishment of sorts and the children became frantic and the chairs toppled, leaving them dangling? Could it have started with tippy toes on chairs, attached to dog lead but the little one's toes slipped, chair went tumbling. Older on trying to call for help, topples own chair and hearing a ruckus, mom comes down and finds them and calls 911, immediately tries to cast blame on son?
Yes, someone did post their thoughts about it maybe being a form of punishment. I think it's a possibility but from everything I've read I'm leaning toward it being intentional.

Yes, this is what I had linked earlier... I had assumed it's what they meant. Just because a leash or chain made no sense to me. A tie out cable is just so simple to use.

Yes. You hook it to itself. In a noose. That is how you would hook the cable to a tree, or a post, or a railing that you were attaching the dog to.

Standing outside while your babies die in a fire.
Standing there while your babies hang from the rafters.

I cannot grasp either of these situations.

Not even a mom. Just a HUMAN. I would guess that if any of us here came upon this scene, we'd have taken them down. There's no way any normal human being is going to let a 4 year old girl hang from the rafters. She's tiny. You can get her down!

I've wondered several times if they would have survived if she'd taken them down immediately.
It may have still been too late, I don't know. But that would haunt me if I was family.
It's also haunted me that I hope no family responded to the 911 call. I'm guessing they did not.... but I hope that is true. That is always awful when family has to see family like that.

They’re were revived by EMS and lived on life support for a few days. So I think if she had immediately tried to get at least one down the daughter may have made it. She must have called 911 right after they started hanging. Which also makes me suspicious. Because in my mind she had to have been there when it happened. Not on a walk.

Last edited:
The WHY is wholly appropriate in every case of sleuthing and it must be asked.
In this case we don't actually know what she did or didn't do if she found them hanging due to an act of somebody, not herself.
She is still innocent until proven guilty.
Where is the proof that she did nothing?
She did something.
She called for help very soon after the asphyxiation or they could not have been recussitated artifically.
Not soon enough to prevent brain death obviously but their condition could have worsened in hospital or secondary complications could have arisen.
We must ask why.
Because she has not been charged with a crime.

I believe she may have called quickly because she didn’t realize they don’t die immediately from hanging. She just wanted this whole thing over.

Past experiences with persons in the home?

And/Or, evidence of school bullying or Conner's demeanor/activities/statements to friends, relatives, teachers, therapists, etc. We have heard that this boy had talked of self-harm, so it would be good to hear from those who intervened or didn't think to intervene.

And/Or, evidence of school bullying or Conner's demeanor/activities/statements to friends, relatives, teachers, therapists, etc. We have heard that this boy had talked of self-harm, so it would be good to hear from those who intervened or didn't think to intervene.

We have heard from the mother that he has talked of self harm.

I believe she may have called quickly because she didn’t realize they don’t die immediately from hanging. She just wanted this whole thing over.

I agree. I have come upon a scene where two teens who had just died (or were thought to be dead) after hitting a tree. I had had training at professional rescue level for first responders for my non-first responder job. I can easily say that my first reaction was to stop, look away, and forget my training. The scene wasn't grizzly--no blood, just two still slightly contorted bodies-- and it took me 15 seconds or so to move beyond it and attempt to provide care. I knew they were someone's children and I knew I should attempt to do what I could but it was hard because another motorist and I provided care until LE arrived. I was so glad that they continued CPR and I did not have to--when EMS arrived they were determined to be deceased. I am not sure if I came upon my children hanging that I would not have the same instinct to run away. I can't imagine cutting them down. If she cut one down, then the other would fall and "get hurt". I think it is easy to question her actions (or, as some might say motives) but it is not easy. I watched and cared for both of my parents as they died----it was expected, I had witnessed the process, AND it was still very difficult to be there but I was because I was their daughter and felt compelled to usher them into their death.

I have no idea what kind of person this woman is or what kind of parent she is but I do know we all can think of what we would do but being there is a totally different thing. It is why LE and first responders often have so many psych issues after responding to certain situations.

We have heard from the mother that he has talked of self harm.

I would think that they are also looking for others who corroborate her statements or saw that she got him help when he said he was contemplating self-harm. Depending on the level of his statements, she could face neglect charges if she did not seek care.

I would think that they are also looking for others who corroborate her statements or saw that she got him help when he said he was contemplating self-harm. Depending on the level of his statements, she could face neglect charges if she did not seek care.

Oh I’m sure they’re looking to see if they can cooperate her statements.

I sincerely hope not because that would definitely be beyond cruel, and grossly inhumane punishment for anyone to endure, but most especially two young children.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member