PA - Couple Dead in Delaware River - Philadelphia County - Thursday, 4 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -
- Couple Found Deceased in Delaware River -
- Thursday, 4 July 2019 -

1)) ABC TV-6:
Bodies of man and woman pulled from Delaware River, child found alone in car*
(Named in Video at 1 Minute, 20 Seconds)
Anjania Patterson
&
Tim Siler

2)) NBC TV-10:
Married Couple Found Dead in River, Daughter Left in Car
(Five Year Daughter UN-Harmed in Nearby Car,
Now in Custody of a Grandmother)

3)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Couple Found Deceased in Delaware River - PA - Google Search

*4)) Registration Shown on Video (1:20) Cross-References to:
2006 Nissan Quest SE :: Sport Utility Vehicle
via: License Plate Number Lookup - SearchQuarry.com
CHOP = Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
CYS = Children's & Youth Services
DA = District Attorney
SUV = Sport Utility Vehicle
TOX = Toxicology Tests

Our Support To All.
[Contribution # 6589
Message # 457130]

Last edited:
Double suicide, perhaps. What else could it be? Maybe murder, but I dunno about that possibility.
So sad for the little girl, but she is with family, so that is something positive. IMO, she had to know that things between her parents might have been bad. So often kids think it is their fault. Positive thoughts for this young girl and her family.

Weird. I'd expect the couple to have found a babysitter or something before committing suicide but what do I know! It seems just quick and rash to leave your child just sitting there in a car. :/

I think so too - why didn't they ask the grandmother to look after their daughter while they suicided in a river? Murder / suicide is always a possibility. Is it the paternal grandmother? Out of curiosity, is this a particular cultural issue, or just a regular couple no other factors?

I read a story in the newspaper years ago about a chicken that fell into the well and the oldest jumped in to save it. One by one, the children jumped in to save first the chicken and then the siblings. They all drowned.

I think so too - why didn't they ask the grandmother to look after their daughter while they suicided in a river? Murder / suicide is always a possibility. Is it the paternal grandmother? Out of curiosity, is this a particular cultural issue, or just a regular couple no other factors?

I read a story in the newspaper years ago about a chicken that fell into the well and the oldest jumped in to save it. One by one, the children jumped in to save first the chicken and then the siblings. They all drowned.

Oh, that's heartbreaking. I can't bear to think of it.

I'd think that was certainly a possibility. Or an angry abusive spouse took the other spouse in the river with them in an argument.

For some reason, I can't help but think of Jason Young. He and his wife ended up in a car accident in the Broad River. She lost the baby but she got pregnant again 4 months later. Then she was murdered in her home, 4 months pregnant.

Angry spouse might want to survive the "accident" and live to tell of losing not only a wife but a child. If his wife also survives, he might try it again - to murder his wife.

In this case, neither the husband nor the wife survived a suicidal river dive?

"Family members identified the woman as 28-year-old Anjania Patterson. The man has been identified as Tim Siler...

“I never saw something like that in my life,” Brian Coffield, a witness, said. “Not like that. I feel bad for the child growing up having to know about it, hear about it.”

A neighbor of Siler says the two were a quiet couple. “No, they didn’t barely speak to anyone on the block but they weren’t mean,” he said...

Video from the scene shows authorities as they investigate.

Police have not released further information, but family says there was a history of domestic violence."

Man's Body Found In Delaware River Hours After Wife's Body Recovered, 5-Year-Old Daughter Found Alone In Car

Domestic violence. Was it culturally based?

I recall three daughters and one mother drowned in a St. Lawrence Seaway lock. It was cultural. The other mother and the sons were fine.

"At first police reported the two were married but their family paints a different picture. The brother of the woman came to the scene and said his sister and the father of her child were not married. The brother says the two had a rocky relationship. In fact, he says there were numerous documented incidents of domestic violence.

He identified his sister as Anjania Patterson. He also says the father of her child was Tim Siler.

The brother also adds that the two enjoyed coming to the water. But he says he has no idea why they would be there so early in the morning.

At this point in the investigation police say it's too early to tell what transpired.

The little girl was taken to Children's Hospital to be examined and is now with family members."

Bodies of man and woman pulled from Delaware River, child found alone in car

For some reason, I can't help but think of Jason Young. He and his wife ended up in a car accident in the Broad River. She lost the baby but she got pregnant again 4 months later. Then she was murdered in her home, 4 months pregnant.

Angry spouse might want to survive the "accident" and live to tell of losing not only a wife but a child. If his wife also survives, he might try it again - to murder his wife.

In this case, neither the husband nor the wife survived a suicidal river dive?

Yes, it kind of does ring a bell. :( :mad:
Good ol' Jason if-at-first-you-don't-succeed-try-try-again Young. He got it right the second time, kind of...
IMHO

“Friday morning, Philadelphia Police released new details based on surveillance video they've obtained.

Detectives say the incident began much earlier Thursday morning than they previously thought.

"Apparently it occurred around 2:45 a.m.," said Philadelphia Police Captain Sekou Kinebrew.

The video also recorded what they think are the moments leading up to when the tragedy began.

"They park the SUV, they get out, the child is still in the vehicle. They have some sort of conversation," Kinebrew said.

Next police say the two separate for a brief moment.

"The mother we believe is still at the bank of the river when the father goes back to the car," Kinebrew said. "When he returns we believe the mother has already jumped into the river. He looks around and then he jumps in, presumably to rescue her." “

Police piecing together timeline in Delaware River deaths

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back