Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.444...zJxzLE7Yg2UAYXXEcw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Along my walk of his possible path today I discovered another camera here under this awning. If he crossed the street prior to that, with the 7th street bridge being closed there isn't access to the walkable path until the Clemente bridge. That is the area the river rescue is at right now, so I believe he didn't get there from trying to break through the blockade they have up for the river trail and the bridge construction.

I have been looking but can't find it anywhere in the news anywhere about him going to Images. Did he really go there? I am trying to figure out times because I am totally confused because they keep reporting different times. According to the news he is the t station at 11:49 then he is at Katz Plaza at 11:46?

The reporter in this video states DJ was at "Images"... this occurs approximately 2:35 minutes in to the video:

https://www.facebook.com/WPXIJenniferTomazic/videos/1743943432297872/

bbm

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.444...zJxzLE7Yg2UAYXXEcw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Along my walk of his possible path today I discovered another camera here under this awning. If he crossed the street prior to that, with the 7th street bridge being closed there isn't access to the walkable path until the Clemente bridge. That is the area the river rescue is at right now, so I believe he didn't get there from trying to break through the blockade they have up for the river trail and the bridge construction.

DJ certainly could have been captured by that camera since it is located after both "alley" exits to Fort Duquesne Blvd. and assuming he walked along that sidewalk toward the Clemente Bridge (Sixth Street Bridge).

But, DJ also could have crossed FDB before approaching that camera, and there is a "walkable" path to the Clemente bridge if you step up, on to and over the median and landscape border, which aren't very high (20" or less?).

Given the cadaver dogs scent hit(s) and on-going river searches it seems DJ never made it to that bridge.

Is there a point along this walkable path where one could stop to urinate into the river?

Is there a point along this walkable path where one could stop to urinate into the river?

One may access the Three Rivers Heritage Trail (runs along the river's bank) by walking to the approach of any of the bridges and take a stairway down to the trail:

to the trail.png

Stairs leading to the trail along the river:

to the trail b.png

One also could walk east approximately 1000 feet (from where DJ would enter FDB from an "alley") to get to the 10th Street Bypass ramp, walk down the roadway a bit to get to the trail but there is no sidewalk, it is not safe and highly unlikely that anyone would attempt to access the trail via this path: NOT SAFE:

no way.jpg

To the river's edge:

attachment.php

Attachments

• to the trail c.jpg
    to the trail c.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 279

bbm - so they are still searching the river today?

bbm - so they are still searching the river today?

Yes, with a stand-in news crew ready and a crowd full of people. Two boats and approximately 15 LE on land. The current is very strong right now and they are saying visibility is low.

Interesting developments. Tinder meetup gone awry?

http://www.wpxi.com/news/police-sea...ednesday-for-missing-north-side-man/490995274

Officials are saying in the above news article now that he was seen again walking on the Roberto Clemente bridge.

It also states LE got a search warrant for at least one of DJ social media apps.

Local news just reported a camera located on "one of the buildings" near the Clemente Bridge picked up DJ "on the bridge."

Makes me wonder, why it wasn't one of the cameras mounted at the entrance to the bridge?

Since LE is searching the river just off the shore around the bridge it is possible DJ walked the stairway from the bridge entrance down to the Three Rivers Heritage Trail, which runs along the river bank. Another possibility is DJ 'fell' from the bridge in to the river.

Either way, we might reasonably expect a video recording from that camera located on "one of the buildings" would show what happened. If not, then how could it show DJ as "on the bridge" but not show what happened from that point? Maybe time-lapse recording?

Local news just reported a camera located on "one of the buildings" near the Clemente Bridge picked up DJ "on the bridge."

Makes me wonder, why it wasn't one of the cameras mounted at the entrance to the bridge?

Since LE is searching the river just off the shore around the bridge it is possible DJ walked the stairway from the bridge entrance down to the Three Rivers Heritage Trail, which runs along the river bank. Another possibility is DJ 'fell' from the bridge in to the river.

Either way, we might reasonably expect a video recording from that camera located on "one of the buildings" would show what happened. If not, then how could it show DJ as "on the bridge" but not show what happened from that point? Maybe time-lapse recording?

IMO There is no way to simply FALL from that bridge. It was stated he is 5'8" tall - it would require specific intent to climb up and over the bridge railing and then "fall." If he truly went over that railing, it was an intentional act or it was done by someone else.

IMO There is no way to simply FALL from that bridge. It was stated he is 5'8" tall - it would require specific intent to climb up and over the bridge railing and then "fall." If he truly went over that railing, it was an intentional act or it was done by someone else.

Hence, my placing the word 'fell' in single-quotes.

Hence, my placing the word 'fell' in single-quotes.

Exactly. Been across that bridge hundreds of times - walking and driving. A fall could only be accomplished from river level on the trail.

Maybe he walked out of frame on over the bridge? Maybe they are assuming he 'fell' into the river from the bridge. Or maybe they even saw that he did but are not releasing that piece of info yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe