Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/01/30/family-terrified-for-missing-duquesne-university-graduate-student/

http://www.wtae.com/article/pittsbu...for-missing-duquesne-graduate-student/8655397

DJ was asked to leave 941 Saloon on Liberty Avenue because it is claimed he "had a few too many drinks."

After leaving 941 Saloon he was last seen near or within the Market Square area, which seven to nine blocks away (depending on the path taken).

I found a webcam (live-feed as of this post, I do not know if the feed is recorded) mounted inside a Grant Street (a guess based on the median in view) business that shows a short section of the street. Grant Street aligns one block eastward from more-likely paths DJ may have walked to get to Market Square but LE indicated DJ's phone pinged somewhere along Grant Street near the time he was seen in Market Square. The webcam is likely farther north from where DJ's phone pinged but, it should be checked.

http://www.insecam.org/en/view/199395/

There also are a few parking garages in Downtown, some with above- and below-ground levels.

Oh man, my heart is sinking for Koty. When will bars realize they are responsible for the incapacitated people they put out on the street, especially in the coldest part of winter? I'm sure they have cameras. Did they get him a cab? I doubt it. Was the girl still there? What does she have to say?

They're still obtaining surveillance videos but from what they've obtained so far kotys last known location was the intersection of liberty and Smithfield around midnight

Is anyone available to make a map?

A simple map, indicating last known location, "941 Saloon" at Liberty and Smithfield and possible sighting in "Market Square"...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 941 saloon location.jpg
    941 saloon location.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 625
Okay a little bit of new info.. hopefully a news update soon. After 941 he went to images but then was seen at the intersection for liberty and Smithfield. The coworker left in an uber. Now they're going over survellance to see if got on the aT or tried to walk home

Oh man, my heart is sinking for Koty. When will bars realize they are responsible for the incapacitated people they put out on the street, especially in the coldest part of winter? I'm sure they have cameras. Did they get him a cab? I doubt it. Was the girl still there? What does she have to say?

I agree. This isn't the first case when somebody gets tossed out of a bar never to be seen again. Let's face it, when you are sooo drunk that the BAR won't serve you, you are in no shape able make rational decisions and are easy prey. I'm not sure how to solve it but there should be policies in effect for safety of these people

My thoughts exactly. If they want a drunk person removed from their premises, fair enough, but call them a cab!

It is revealed DJ lives on the "North Side". For those not 'in-the-know', this is north of downtown Pittsburgh, the other side of the Allegheny River. Three bridges that allow foot-traffic cross that river from downtown to the North Side. There also is a "T" trolley (some might know it as an "EL") that connects downtown to the North Side. The T line runs either above or below ground level in certain areas. The Wood Street station is below ground level.

If DJ walked he likely would have crossed the 9th Street bridge (aka "Rachel Carson Bridge") since it is closest to DJ's last-known location.

If DJ took the T he likely would have accessed it via the Wood St. station.

This map shows the above-referenced locations:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DJ locations and T stations.jpg
    DJ locations and T stations.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 659
My thoughts exactly. If they want a drunk person removed from their premises, fair enough, but call them a cab!

It is an issue for a bartender and/or establishment owner if an asked-to-leave very-drunk patron intends to drive: https://cccvoice.wordpress.com/2009/05/06/bartenders-take-law-into-their-hands/

From what we know at this point, DJ did not drive that evening.

It seems legislation should be changed to remove the driving requirement. Drunk is drunk, a [FONT=&amp]patron unable to exercise “self protective care” should be enough reason to call police or a specific service that would ensure a safe arrival and hand-off to a responsible party.[/FONT]

Family members join search for missing North Side man

Family members told Channel 11’s Jennifer Tomazic that surveillance video from 11:49 p.m. shows James at the corner of Smithfield and Liberty. The video shows James with a co-worker who gets into an Uber, but it does not show where James goes next.

"This is the thing were trying to find out today, whether he got on the subway at 11:49 or it closed too soon for him to get on the subway and he walked," Pam James said. She told Channel 11 that her son visited Station Square, Market Square and 941 Saloon on Liberty Avenue before the video was recorded.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/family-members-join-search-for-missing-north-side-man/488785533

OK so if they have him on video at 11:49pm and the subway departs at 11:49pm, I think it is safe to say he walked. I hope they've tried to get footage from cameras along the route to the two nearest bridges.

DJ would have had a short window to catch a T to the North Side:

http://www.portauthority.org/rt/bllb.pdf

HiResMapNSC.jpg

Blue Line
(Library via Overbrook) M-F schedule inbound to Wood Street T station:

..9:12 PM
..9:42 PM
10:12 PM
10:42 PM
11:12 PM
11:42 PM <------------
next not until
..5:18 AM

Blue Line
(South Hills Village via Overbrook) M-F schedule inbound to Wood Street T station:

..9:52 PM
10:22 PM
10:52 PM
11:22 PM
11:52 PM <------------
12:17 AM <------------
next not until
..5:26 AM

Exactly on the establishment! I hated reading further that the coworker left him :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper