Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he use the t often? If so, chances are he tried to make it, then missed it. Either way, there should be footage of him at the t station. Does he use uber? If so, are there records of an uber driver picking someone up in the area he was last seen? Falling in the river is very unlikely. The walk from station square to the north side is over one bridge or another. However, no matter how drunk you are it very unlikely that you would fall over those railings. They're too high. Especially for his height. Check the t station cameras, then check uber records if possible.

Does he use the t often? If so, chances are he tried to make it, then missed it. Either way, there should be footage of him at the t station. Does he use uber? If so, are there records of an uber driver picking someone up in the area he was last seen? Falling in the river is very unlikely. The walk from station square to the north side is over one bridge or another. However, no matter how drunk you are it very unlikely that you would fall over those railings. They're too high. Especially for his height. Check the t station cameras, then check uber records if possible.

I think it's nearly 100% likely he'll be found in the river. These cases, for the past several years, involving one young man leaving drunk from a bar on foot in the wee hours of the morning alone and never being seen again end up in a river. I don't know the explanation for it, but I do know the chances that he will be recovered in the river are overwhelming.

Sad sad.

I think it's nearly 100% likely he'll be found in the river. These cases, for the past several years, involving one young man leaving drunk from a bar on foot in the wee hours of the morning alone and never being seen again end up in a river. I don't know the explanation for it, but I do know the chances that he will be recovered in the river are overwhelming.

Sad sad.
I completely agree- he was headed towards the M river and away from the footbridge that would take him home. If I were in Pennsylvania I'd focus on the M river.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oh man, my heart is sinking for Koty. When will bars realize they are responsible for the incapacitated people they put out on the street, especially in the coldest part of winter? I'm sure they have cameras. Did they get him a cab? I doubt it. Was the girl still there? What does she have to say?

It would be nice to find a solution to this. I don't believe bars are responsible for people who become disorderly within their establishments - can you imagine how that would work out for taverns in areas with large homeless populations? In my opinion, adults are responsible for themselves. What if they called him a cab - he'd have to pay for it, and the cabbie would be forced to accept the fare, which would likely end up in vomit in the cab. A possible solution is to call the cops and have the person end up in the drunk tank overnight - but that would SURELY cut down on business if partying patrons thought maybe the cops would be called on them.

This is very sad. But adults are responsible for themselves, IMHO, and businesses are not responsible for their welfare when they become a burden to the business.

On the other hand, it's concerning that the co-worker got into an uber and left him standing there on the street with no ride. Friends, IMHO, are more responsible for each other than bars are.

Sad sad.

I think many times the person goes to an area around he water to go to urinate and looses balance and tumbles into the water. At least that is the theory I have read many times.

I am wondering where on the "North Side" he lives. That to me would tell us what bridge he may have taken if he did not get on the T. The Warhol is under construction so I doubt he could take that one. Other than gong down to see the river up close or to relieve himself I don't see why he would be that close to the river to fall in. To get on to the bridges you walk above a street/bypass. You are not along the river you are above it.

It would be nice to find a solution to this. I don't believe bars are responsible for people who become disorderly within their establishments - can you imagine how that would work out for taverns in areas with large homeless populations? In my opinion, adults are responsible for themselves. What if they called him a cab - he'd have to pay for it, and the cabbie would be forced to accept the fare, which would likely end up in vomit in the cab. A possible solution is to call the cops and have the person end up in the drunk tank overnight - but that would SURELY cut down on business if partying patrons thought maybe the cops would be called on them.

This is very sad. But adults are responsible for themselves, IMHO, and businesses are not responsible for their welfare when they become a burden to the business.

On the other hand, it's concerning that the co-worker got into an uber and left him standing there on the street with no ride. Friends, IMHO, are more responsible for each other than bars are.

bbm - This might be a possibility for a niche service - cabs that make themselves available for exactly this kind of situation, and charge more, of course.

When, if ever, will LE begin to search the rivers, or have they already begun that process as weather and temperature permit? It's time.

He had just gotten a T pass, I don't think he used to often and he's only been in Pittsburg for a year. However I do think he was planning on catching the T but wound up walking because he missed it. He did not take an uber but the friend got into an uber at the intersection without him.

I am wondering where on the "North Side" he lives. That to me would tell us what bridge he may have taken if he did not get on the T. The Warhol is under construction so I doubt he could take that one. Other than gong down to see the river up close or to relieve himself I don't see why he would be that close to the river to fall in. To get on to the bridges you walk above a street/bypass. You are not along the river you are above it.

He lives at the Parkview Apartments

It's frustrating but I'm trying to reserve judgement on the coworker. Likely she had been drinking too and may have been going a different way. THat being said I truly hope she is doing everything she can to help and giving all possible info. I feel so hopeless for his family and fear he's not getting the help and attention he deserves like say a young girl would

Hey everyone! My daughter asked me to look into to this case as this young man was a friend of hers and her bf's in high school. They both say that he was a great kid that wouldn't have run off. I'm worried that he may have upset the wrong person in the bar that asked him to leave.

Why is it that bartenders are allowed to overserve patrons to the point of obnoxiousness, then relieve themselves of the problem by ejecting the intoxicated patron, leaving him vulnerable to all kinds of trouble? Let me be clear-I am not blaming this missing man; he was drinking, which is what you do in a bar-they aren't supposed to keep serving intoxicated people. How many times have we seen this here? Shane Montgomery comes to mind; I hope the end isn't the same-if it is, the server and bouncer are to blame.

Hey everyone! My daughter asked me to look into to this case as this young man was a friend of hers and her bf's in high school. They both say that he was a great kid that wouldn't have run off. I'm worried that he may have upset the wrong person in the bar that asked him to leave.

I agree, looking into the reason why he was kicked out would be a logical first step.

Also, regarding the comments about falling into the river, there's no easy way to access the river on the walk home.

He's a shorter fella and railings along the walk are fairly high. You can stumble and fall the entire way home from market square to the north side with no chance of falling in the river.

Also, why were the authorities immediately notified when he missed work? If an employee doesn't show up for work or answer his phone, what are the chances that the employer calls the police? There's something else to this story that they're not telling you and it likely involves the co-worker.

this is so familiar :(

Getting some more info

According to family members, Dakota was last seen Wednesday night with a female friend at 941 Saloon on Liberty Avenue in downtown Pittsburgh. Family said Dakota had a few too many drinks and was asked to leave the bar. They said they know he walked outside, but are uncertain as to what happened after he walked out of the bar. Monday, they were putting signs up all over the city, hoping that people will see Dakota, recognize him and call police.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017...missing-duquesne-university-graduate-student/

Ben Savage was just found today in the river in Kent. Same scenario. Came out of a bar in the middle of the night. I don't know how intoxicated he was though. He was seen on video entering the Pier - and never seen coming back. The family pretty much knew what happened but it took 8 weeks for him to be found. He was only 18.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?323639-UK-Ben-Savage-18-Chatham-Kent-6-December-2016

The first comment in that thread under the opening post goes "Missing late at night and near a river....". We have seen it sooo many times here.

Chances are high that Dakota is in the river too. But we can hope that he's not.

I might agree that bars shouldn't be held responsible, if they weren't making 100% of their money serving alcohol to people. Maybe they, as the professionals, should have stopped serving him before he became what must have been highly intoxicated. Generally speaking, I am all for personal responsibility, but there is something wrong with taking all of someone's money in the exchange for liquor, and then putting them outside in freezing weather, with no way to get home safely

I agree, looking into the reason why he was kicked out would be a logical first step.

Also, regarding the comments about falling into the river, there's no easy way to access the river on the walk home.

He's a shorter fella and railings along the walk are fairly high. You can stumble and fall the entire way home from market square to the north side with no chance of falling in the river.

Also, why were the authorities immediately notified when he missed work? If an employee doesn't show up for work or answer his phone, what are the chances that the employer calls the police? There's something else to this story that they're not telling you and it likely involves the co-worker.

Paul Kochu is a case in point:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/07/pa_nurse_last_seeing_leaving_b.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eny-County-17-Dec-2014-2&highlight=paul+kochu

When, if ever, will LE begin to search the rivers, or have they already begun that process as weather and temperature permit? It's time.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/ne...cle_a1bf7ec7-0028-5357-8c02-d141d815d73e.html

bbm

River rescue teams were called in to search the shores of three rivers that run through the city.

I suspect LE might be delaying below-the-surface river searches until after all surveillance videos are obtained / reviewed and likely for the weather / temperature to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pattysplayhouse