Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were just in pittsburgh yesterday afternoon through this afternoon staying at a hotel by where he would have been. As far as the railing on the bridges, he would purposely have to fall over it, which I highly doubt. Also, if he was walking or if he purposely (doubtful in my mind) went over the railing, with the amount of traffic at ALL hours in the area, someone would've surely seen him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So I guess everyone is guessing he was going to catch the train to go home and missed. A previous linked article said he was last seen at the Wood Street Station. I hate when more details aren't given. Was he seen on camera or did a witness ID him? Because surely he couldn't have gone in and the camera caught him but never caught him leaving. Would that mean he caught another train? Where was exactly the camera at the train station...ughh.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Search teams scour Pittsburgh streets looking for missing North Side man

http://www.wpxi.com/news/search-tea...-looking-for-missing-north-side-man/490995274

bbm

Dakota James, 23, was last seen Jan. 25 at the Wood Street T Station. Surveillance video from 11:49 p.m. that night shows James and a co-worker, who got into an Uber car. The video then shows James alone in front of the T Station, but it does not show where he went next.

The video doesn't show to "where" DJ "went"; I interpret that as DJ did not enter the T station nor buildings shown within frame but certainly the video shows toward which direction DJ left the frame... that info might not amount to much (depending on the size of the area shown within the frame) but at least it would be something.

Is LE thinking abduction?

Also, if DJ is shown "alone" in the video why not release that part of the video? I suspect "alone" means no one was "with" DJ but perhaps other people appear in-and-out of frame.

Five possibilities:

1) in a river.
2) injured / disoriented and in hidden or out-of-the-way location.
3) accidentally hit (by vehicle) then abducted to cover up (easier on North Side).
4) abducted (easier on North Side).
5) voluntary disappearance.

Which of those five is most likely? Other possibilities?

There are many trash containers in allies and stubs along the paths to the bridges:

attachment.php

Attachments

• trash containers.jpg
    trash containers.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 353
Google street view showing 7th Street Bridge approach and cameras:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 9th St Bridge cameras.jpg
    9th St Bridge cameras.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 351
His mother is posting Pittsburgh LE is not helping. (On her Facebook account.) The city is not releasing any surveillance. This family could have so many answers if LE was researching and releasing this information. I don't understand why they wouldn't. Either the camera's weren't up to par still or possibly someone or something looks incriminating that they feel they can't unless someone comes forward. Why not help the immediate family with this footage though?

Man with all those buildings and businesses no one else had any camera that caught him anywhere? Really? I'm not sure I totally believe that.

His mother is posting Pittsburgh LE is not helping. (On her Facebook account.) The city is not releasing any surveillance. This family could have so many answers if LE was researching and releasing this information. I don't understand why they wouldn't. Either the camera's weren't up to par still or possibly someone or something looks incriminating that they feel they can't unless someone comes forward. Why not help the immediate family with this footage though?
This is wrong. I bet if it was an officers family the tables would be turned.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

To be fair, on the surface it might not seem LE is doing much but they might be following up on what appears (if anything) in surveillance video; that's what I would expect given how they're holding back on releasing the video and, of course, they likely had to follow up on eyewitnesses / potential witnesses.

I've Goggle-street-viewed the paths (and from what I recall when I've been 'dahntahn', that's Pittsburghese for "downtown") from the Woods St. T station area to the sister bridges and found few visible cameras even though there are reportedly 163 cameras throughout the city (not including private/indoor cameras which might include sidewalk / street views within frame).

Will LE allow family to view surveillance recordings tomorrow?

The news is reporting that the family called off the planned search scheduled for Sunday.

This is what DJ mom is saying they still aren't getting on her FB account. Doesn't anyone in LE have a family and compassion to do more to help them?

What we still haven't seen from the police: 1. The surveillance to prove that they are actually seeing our Dakota because so far I can't confirm that you know for sure that's him on Wood St.
2. Proof that you really have gotten the search warrants because that's what you told us last week.
3. Proof that you are working on any other ideas that we've discussed for the last week because nobody communicates what you are doing.
4. Proof the Port Authority is really cooperating because the second Friday you still did not have the surveillance that we've been asking for since last week.
5. Proof that you are communicating with the higher levels of leadership to get all the help you need to get us all the help we need.
I keep asking myself why we as the victims are the ones who are really finding the answers. Everyone can sit around and say that you are helping and being cooperative. Well let me tell you that is completed bull ****! We were so trusting of the system that we started from the bottom of the tier!! We should have gone straight to the FBI, State Police, State officials and just hired blood hounds, organized search parties, media across the country because you have let my Dakota's trail go cold. I hate that my family and friends have had to learn how the system is so broken that we've had to teach ourselves how to find our loved one on our own!
Watch out people this week because you have pissed us all off and we are coming to get the answers we need to find my baby!!
Please God place your hand on my wonderful team of warriors as we look for more answers and find the truth to bring Dakota Leo James.
Love you so hard Dakota! We will not stop.

I'm not from Pittsburgh...but where is this area where Dakota went missing in relation to where my nephew Paul went missing?

I'm not from Pittsburgh...but where is this area where Dakota went missing in relation to where my nephew Paul went missing?

Paul was last seen at Stage AE, correct?

If so, Dakota went missing straight across the river and a few blocks up if he is on camera at the T station.
cc684b514fb66beadb2da3c5b94e257b.jpg

(Edited to add map)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads