Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, I wish that information would be shared. Without it, it's harder for me to justify volunteering for additional searches. If there's solid information that leads people to think that North Park is in play, I would absolutely search.

Earlier in the month, or possibly late last month, I seem to remember that a relative posted on one of the FB threads indicating or hinting at the fact that police may have thought Dakota may have committed suicide. It sounds like the police perhaps are of that thinking and the family is not. Could it be that the family is extending its searches not based on info from the police? I'm just confused about the flow of information.

That said, I've never followed a missing person case before. I am wrapped up in this one because I am local and feel for the family's pain. So I'm not sure if this kind of flow of information is normal or not.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I too am local, worked in Allegheny Center so I know the area well. He would have had to get a ride to North Park, from the city no easy way to get there...279 S to McKnight Road to Babcock Blvd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are scheduling searches of parks then apparently the police has not shown them any evidence that he fell in the river. I remember seeing a psychic mention Riverview Park, but I am not sure how North Park came into play unless they just are going to check all the parks in the area.

It seems that the police chalks most of these cases up to suicide without evidence. Paul Kochu was deemed a suicide by police but the family isn't buying it. They have hired a forensic pathologist and has a account to pay for their investigation. DJ's family is also not buying the suicide theory.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not sure I agree the family is in denial. DJ's mother stated in one of her daily posts that she is aware of the reality of locating him alive, but they have hope. Perhaps they are braced for anything. Now why those parks are being searched is puzzling.

It often seems when the authorities cannot figure out what has happened to someone, they chalk it up to suicide. Whether it is a missing person or an unexplained death, this seems to happen way too often.

It seems that the police chalks most of these cases up to suicide without evidence. Paul Kochu was deemed a suicide by police but the family isn't buying it. They have hired a forensic pathologist and has a account to pay for their investigation. DJ's family is also not buying the suicide theory.

I don't really think it was suicide yet either. No one has said he was depressed or anything...

Why no note? He seemed to be close with family. Unless he was upset about something he could not tell them...but still most leave a note.

From what I have read if Dakota was in river he would not of surfaced yet.. Carter just surfaced and he was a week before Dakota I think. I look for them to find him later this week or next. Sorry to be so gloomy but I think he is in water..

Family is in denial...

Dakota went missing I think at least two weeks before David Carter did. Dakota went missing around the third week of January. Carter I think went missing in mid-February.

Dakota went missing I think at least two weeks before David Carter did. Dakota went missing around the third week of January. Carter I think went missing in mid-February.

Also, David Carter was found a couple of city blocks down the river from where he presumably went into the water. It was a different river as well, so the currents might be different.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/multiple-s...eekend-for-missing-duquesne-student/497985505

Volunteers are needed for three separate search locations: North Park, Allegheny Arsenal Park and Riverview Park.
The search of North Park will take place on Saturday March 4. People are asked to meet at the North Park Boathouse at 9 a.m.

Allegheny Arsenal Park and Riverview Park will be searched on Sunday March 5. Both efforts will begin at 9 a.m. People should meet at the Chapel in Riverview Park and by the Tennis Courts in Arsenal Park.

The searches are being organized by the group Bring Our Missing Home. They have a signup sheet on their website.

I expect the efforts are not only about searching for DJ.

I knew I was right about when they went missing. People should check before they post or ask a question Does anyone know if??? I do..

I feel really bad that this boy has not been found yet. I look every day several times a day always hoping that someone has found him to bring closure to this family..

I am getting my foot X-rayed now. I don't know what is wrong with it but if I could walk better I would drive down and help search...I am afraid to go close to river though to many missing...

I was at physical therapy today for my foot and the therapist said he used to run along the river. He said there are many places that if you weren't careful you very well could end up in river. Add that to alcohol and that just might be what happened to Dakota...

http://www.wpxi.com/news/multiple-s...eekend-for-missing-duquesne-student/497985505

I expect the efforts are not only about searching for DJ.[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
Agreed. I have been following Pamela James' fb posts a few times a week, and I believe her warriors, as she calls them, are not only trying to help the family search, but are also trying to support her. I think this is particularly true because she and others feel that authorities have not done enough to help find Dakota.

I don't know enough about what the police and public officials have done to comment on that...but I've felt a pull to help when I've been able to get time from work. I think back to when my son was 23, and it just tugs at my heart.

I feel really bad that this boy has not been found yet. I look every day several times a day always hoping that someone has found him to bring closure to this family..

I am getting my foot X-rayed now. I don't know what is wrong with it but if I could walk better I would drive down and help search...I am afraid to go close to river though to many missing...

I was at physical therapy today for my foot and the therapist said he used to run along the river. He said there are many places that if you weren't careful you very well could end up in river. Add that to alcohol and that just might be what happened to Dakota...

I hope your foot heals quickly!

The one week that I went down along the river's edge with my sister, it was very icy, and in parts where there are no barriers, I was afraid as well. We also found a dock that was wonky and it looked like something was in the water next to it, but it turns out it was a plastic bag filled with clothes. I was afraid to venture out onto that dock to see better. I would say under the best of circumstances, it's hard and precarious in spots. I wouldn't go alone, and I wouldn't go with an injured foot.

That said, I completely understand the feeling to want to help. There were two weekends in particular where the weather let up a bit, but I couldn't spare the time. So l just watched the news, Pamela's page, and for a while the search page that they put up for Dakota, which has since been supplanted by a national page. It's usually the first set of pages I look at in the morning. So sad.

I too am local, worked in Allegheny Center so I know the area well. He would have had to get a ride to North Park, from the city no easy way to get there...279 S to McKnight Road to Babcock Blvd.

I have family that live right off McKnight Road. And I'm well familiar with the North Park. We used to walk around the lake lots as kids, and I just had breakfast there a couple of weeks ago with family. For Dakota to make it from downtown to the North Park seems odd. So I'm not quite sure what is directing the searches toward that part of the city.

My sister told me about how the search was extending to these areas. She walks Riverview Park with her dog every day, sometimes a few times a day. She has been trying to cover different parts of Riverview since Dakota has gone missing. Riverview Park is so much closer and easier to understand extending the search to than the North Park.

The Hoax: What I learned so far. The house that was used for the order has been on watch. There has been dozens and dozens of orders placed by someone, for pizza, Chinese, ubers, taxis, everything you can image. Sometimes as many as 4 orders a day. There was also another message hoax about a wife and her husband was beating her and she couldn't call 911 so she did it in the food order. The lad who lives there is like 80ish years old and has no clue why it is happening. They think they know who is reasonable for this. But I don't think it has anything to do with Dakota. I think it is just a sick twisted person. They did check out the house to make sure.

I have family that live right off McKnight Road. And I'm well familiar with the North Park. We used to walk around the lake lots as kids, and I just had breakfast there a couple of weeks ago with family. For Dakota to make it from downtown to the North Park seems odd. So I'm not quite sure what is directing the searches toward that part of the city.

My sister told me about how the search was extending to these areas. She walks Riverview Park with her dog every day, sometimes a few times a day. She has been trying to cover different parts of Riverview since Dakota has gone missing. Riverview Park is so much closer and easier to understand extending the search to than the North Park.

Riverview park is a rather secluded location. I know someone who was brutally attacked there and thrown from a bridge and survived. I also remember a few years ago a missing teen was found there dead from an OD (don't remember name, 16 year old female) so anything is sadly possible. Given location to Allegheny Center where Dakota lived, its possible.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Riverview park is a rather secluded location. I know someone who was brutally attacked there and thrown from a bridge and survived. I also remember a few years ago a missing teen was found there dead from an OD (don't remember name, 16 year old female) so anything is sadly possible. Given location to Allegheny Center where Dakota lived, its possible.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Horrible. :-(

I'm personally not familiar with Riverview Park. I do get nervous in the north side because it's not well lit, the underpasses are frightening, and there's still violence in and around that area.

Some spaces seem fine--around PNC Park, for example. But I wouldn't walk it alone after dark for sure. And I think if I had to, I would be hyper-alert. That's what worried me about seeing that picture of Dakota in Katz Plaza. I remember being struck by the fact that he certainly didn't seem drunk, as much as you can tell from a still shot, but I was also concerned that he was using his phone in the dark without being aware of his surroundings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member