Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hoax: What I learned so far. The house that was used for the order has been on watch. There has been dozens and dozens of orders placed by someone, for pizza, Chinese, ubers, taxis, everything you can image. Sometimes as many as 4 orders a day. There was also another message hoax about a wife and her husband was beating her and she couldn't call 911 so she did it in the food order. The lad who lives there is like 80ish years old and has no clue why it is happening. They think they know who is reasonable for this. But I don't think it has anything to do with Dakota. I think it is just a sick twisted person. They did check out the house to make sure.
I'm so relieved to hear this. Not that somebody is doing something sick and twisted. But I'm relieved to hear that it is obviously a hoax. Last week my mind was wandering -- I was thinking what if it wasn't a hoax and what if this put him in greater danger. Thank you so so much for posting this information. Where did you get it from?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the individual(s) who perpetrated the hoax actually are involved in DJ's disappearance and are toying with LE. It's a bit far-fetched but not impossible.

This is what I wonder as well. I've been reading in the background, and todays development surprised me. I cant imagine a teenager would be so brazen to try this and cover their tracks so well.

Would a teen call and say ' is your refrigerator running'? Yes. But this? This is creepy.

This is what I wonder as well. I've been reading in the background, and todays development surprised me. I cant imagine a teenager would be so brazen to try this and cover their tracks so well.

Would a teen call and say ' is your refrigerator running'? Yes. But this? This is creepy.
Creepy is right.

On the national missing person's page, I think somebody posted a video with a theory that the hoax person might be more involved and is maybe taunting the public. :-0

Which national missing persons page are you referring to? I missed that one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Awww yes, I did see this. Very interesting thoughts. Definitely makes one wonder. Thanks for sharing the link again.

I think someone posted a link to it from this forum originally. I can never find things easily on that other site, so I looked for it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Rx92TH9x5Oo.

I watched this the other day and thought this woman was way out in left field with some of her ideas. A lot of the time it seemed like she talked just to hear herself talk i.e., mindless rambling. I don't know what her qualifications are, but I think most members that follow cases on websleuths could have done as good or better with their theories or guesswork as she did. IMOO.

Originally Posted by ChuckMaureen

http://www.wpxi.com/news/multiple-se...dent/497985505

I expect the efforts are not only about searching for DJ.
bbm

Agreed. I have been following Pamela James' fb posts a few times a week, and I believe her warriors, as she calls them, are not only trying to help the family search, but are also trying to support her. I think this is particularly true because she and others feel that authorities have not done enough to help find Dakota.

I don't know enough about what the police and public officials have done to comment on that...but I've felt a pull to help when I've been able to get time from work. I think back to when my son was 23, and it just tugs at my heart.

That's partly what I was thinking. Investigations for such cases likely go beyond the "search" aspect. I'll not elaborate beyond that.

I saw on FB the reason they are searching North Park is because (according to I believe DJ's sister), they searched all over the city and are extending their search outside the city. I don't think it has to do with a tip or anything.
I also saw someone close to the family post that the police told them there was a dead zone between cameras and that still shot they have of DJ. It really sounds like they have no idea what happened.
I just wonder what happened with his phone and why it did not ping again. Also if they got his records. Seems more like he ended up in a car to me, and then in that case he could almost be anywhere :( I just can't believe they seem to have no idea??

This case is eerily similar to the Paul Kochu disappearance in December 2015. Both have ties to Duquesne U, both were young, both were out with friends, and both went missing.
If I recall correctly, Kochu's family scheduled a search of North Park as well. I hope the family receives some news soon. I cannot imagine their anguish.

I think someone posted a link to it from this forum originally. I can never find things easily on that other site, so I looked for it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Rx92TH9x5Oo.

I watched this the other day and thought this woman was way out in left field with some of her ideas. A lot of the time it seemed like she talked just to hear herself talk i.e., mindless rambling. I don't know what her qualifications are, but I think most members that follow cases on websleuths could have done as good or better with their theories or guesswork as she did. IMOO.

She really did ramble and a lot of smacking her lips...Poor speech patterns...Repeated herself over and over and would loose her train of thought... Not a good speaker at all.

Oh well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Dakota being abducted and taken somewhere outside of the city makes the most sense. He probably got into a car either willingly or forced. If there is a "dead zone' on the camera, that's where it could have happened. That makes me think that whoever does this kind of thing isn't stupid. They plan and know exactly where they won't be seen. Motive? In this sort of case, there could be several. I don't think robbery is one of them. There is the possibility that he was watched and followed from one of the bars. People disappearing after leaving a bar makes sense to me as well. What better time for a bad guy to make his move? The victim will have dulled senses. Won't be as alert and aware of his surroundings as when not drinking. Even if he did notice something out of the ordinary, he would most likely not care and just keep doing what he was doing. Walking, looking at his phone, texting or whatever. His phone was probably destroyed immediately by whoever took him, hence, no more pings. Again, they're not stupid. It seems they are searching within about a 10 mile radius of where he was last seen. That also makes sense if he was in a car. I know I could be wrong because I have no proof. This is just my theory and opinions. But I strongly believe that it's all very possible. I certainly hope that LE is working on this kind of scenerio.

Obviously, LE knows at least one vehicle appears in-frame in the Katz Plaza video. It appears to be an older model Caddy or other large model vehicle...

attachment.php

I wonder if LE obtained recordings from cameras on Sixth Street and the bridge to determine if that vehicle turned up Sixth Street toward Fort Duquesne Blvd. / Roberto Clemente Bridge? Was it slow-moving, keeping pace with DJ or was it simply a vehicle passing through?

Attachments

• dj in katz plaza - possible vehicle.jpg
    dj in katz plaza - possible vehicle.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 433
I saw on FB the reason they are searching North Park is because (according to I believe DJ's sister), they searched all over the city and are extending their search outside the city. I don't think it has to do with a tip or anything.
I also saw someone close to the family post that the police told them there was a dead zone between cameras and that still shot they have of DJ. It really sounds like they have no idea what happened.
I just wonder what happened with his phone and why it did not ping again. Also if they got his records. Seems more like he ended up in a car to me, and then in that case he could almost be anywhere :( I just can't believe they seem to have no idea??

DJ does not have a sister..
Only 1 brother (Shayne)

DJ does not have a sister..
Only 1 brother (Shayne)
Could have been Shayne's girlfriend or Pam's sister Angela. I do remember the comment, just not where it came from.

The dad, Jeff, also has a sister, Mandy, who has been vocal.

Could have been Shayne's girlfriend or Pam's sister Angela. I do remember the comment, just not where it came from.

I remember reading the same thing and wondering about it.

It's hard to keep sources straight because there are so many comment threads across social media and on stories on news sites.

I'm not sure if that's a vehicle. If you look at Google street view, there are shrubs on the border of the park separating it from the sidewalk. If you look to the left, you can see the end of a similar shape. Both of those appear to be in line with trees that are also there. Good eye though!

Obviously, LE knows at least one vehicle appears in-frame in the Katz Plaza video. It appears to be an older model Caddy or other large model vehicle...

attachment.php

I wonder if LE obtained recordings from cameras on Sixth Street and the bridge to determine if that vehicle turned up Sixth Street toward Fort Duquesne Blvd. / Roberto Clemente Bridge? Was it slow-moving, keeping pace with DJ or was it simply a vehicle passing through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons