Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not being hard on him I asked if maybe there was a problem with school and it escalated to this... I tried to explain the reason I asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was mentioned they talked to the Duquesne university police and that didn't yield too much.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I am not being hard on him I asked if maybe there was a problem with school and it escalated to this... I tried to explain the reason I asked.

This is a forum where we don't blame the victim. Your tone is harsh.

Having problems in school does equate to a healthy 23 year old disappearing.

Thanks MarkMark and JennaT

Right but if he was that close to the bridge he shouldve been picked up by the cameras on the bridge. Without actually crossing fort Duquesne Blvd he wouldve had to turn left and walk further down to the point. Has it ever been confirmed that the 6th and 7th street bridge cameras are functional?

No.

DJ could have walked eastward on FDB to just past the Ninth Street Bridge, turned left on the ramp down to the 10th Street Bypass and across the roadbed to the Three Rivers Heritage Trail and he'd be standing on the bank of the Allegheny River. This route is not intended for foot traffic but it certainly isn't an impossible path.

I don't really keep my Linked In up to date or very detailed at all. I've been with my current employer for 6 years and the one before that for 15. Understood that it was just a point mentioned to brainstorm other possibilities but I agree was presented in a harsh way. As was the comment about not being an angel of a child. For his age, even if he does have a spotty work history I wouldn't think of it as an indicator to anything. I'm sure we are all here for the best of intention, perhaps the comment didn't come out quite as it was intended.

No.

DJ could have walked eastward on FDB to just past the Ninth Street Bridge, turned left on the ramp down to the 10th Street Bypass and cross the roadbed to the Three Rivers Heritage Trail and he'd be standing on the bank of the Allegheny River. This route is not intended for foot traffic but it certainly isn't an impossible path.

Hmm I can't see any reason he would take that route either. Although it is possible. I'm leaning towards the theory of him getting in a car now. Hopefully more witnesses come forward. Not alot to go on at this point.

Unless we know for sure bridge cameras were functional / properly aimed the evening of January 25, 2017 (and do not show DJ) then we should not rule out that he could have walked down a bridge stairway to the Three Rivers Heritage Trail or even crossed the bridge to the North Side.

I was not entirely convinced from the press conference that bridge cameras were functional and, to be complete, I did not hear anything that would lead me to believe they weren't functional / properly aimed. What makes me question the integrity of those cameras though is the recent history regarding Pittsburgh's surveillance cameras.

One thing to keep in mind is the Port Authority is touchy about the public knowing locations of their cameras. I suspect this is why such detail was not provided during the press conference. LE indicated they did receive video from the Port Authority, which could mean bridge-mounted and / or other surveillance cameras along the rivers, locks / dams and other river-related properties or, maybe not all.

I want to assume LE is honestly reporting DJ's trail ends at FDB because they did not see him on functional bridge camera recordings but something just isn't right about the lack of detail on that point.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The Rules - Etiquette & Information

I'm not thinking that Dakota ended up in the water. I park on the north shore every day and walk across the 6th street bridge to my office. If he made it to the bridge he would've been seen on camera. The only way to get close to the water from the city side wouldve been to walk all the way down to the point. I can't imagine taking that long walk out of his way on a winter night.

He wouldn't have to walk all the way to the Point - you can get to the water by taking the stairs right before you start to cross the bridge.

:stop:

This thread is about Dakota. Multiple posts criticizing and/or nitpicking other members have been removed. We are not the focus of this thread. Stop personalizing. Fair warning: if this continues, posting privileges may be lost. If you have any questions or concerns, either use the alert feature or contact a moderator or administrator privately.

I believe it was mentioned earlier that there was another alley that runs parallel to Penn and Fort Duquesne Blvd that goes from Barker Place to 6th Street by Giovannis Pizza named McCrea Way.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I see that on the map, but a bit beyond that point it looks like there's a way to cut back over to the right between some buildings and get back on 7th and not continue ahead to FDB. That's the area I was referencing earlier. I thought perhaps for one reason or another he cut through (if that is possible) and got back on 7th. I think someone ended up saying that he wasn't seen doubling back and no way of telling any direction on FDB, so what if he didn't make it down that far was what I was thinking.

bbm

No.

All DJ would have had to do was walk down the stairway from the Sixth Street Bridge and he would be standing right on the bank of the river.

attachment.php
Right. That's how I got to the river on the city side during a couple of searches I went on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think he was either abducted or willingly got into a car on FDB. Any other scenario doesn't make sense. He had friends that he just left, carrying a 2 liter of soda, texting his Dad ...then poof, gone. Just smells of foul play .

How do you know he was carrying pop?

I think he was either abducted or willingly got into a car on FDB. Any other scenario doesn't make sense. He had friends that he just left, carrying a 2 liter of soda, texting his Dad ...then poof, gone. Just smells of foul play .

In a fb comment thread, a filter member (I think) said it wasn't soda.

Oh. It looks like a 2 liter of Diet Coke if you blow up the still shot of DJ walking thru Katz

Oh. It looks like a 2 liter of Diet Coke if you blow up the still shot of DJ walking thru Katz

I thought that too. When the picture was first released, people on one of the social media threads said that it looked like been a 2 liter bottle of soda so they should check the cc footage in the nearby 7-Elevens. But then somebody popped on and said it was not soda. I forget what they said it was.

Are there no cameras on FDB? If he got in a car, was that in some camera dead space as well? Could look at cars driving in the area of FDB around the time he walked through Scott Place? And since they checked his phone records, if he did get a ride from someone you would assume that person would not magically appear, there would have to be some contact with them to arrange a pick up. Unless it was verbal and he spoke to the person in person after leaving the coworker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bumped41075