Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The conclusion of the dry drowning link last thread

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15577518

[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]The actual incidence of death of persons found in water who have normal lungs or do not have penetration of liquid into their airways, based on our study, is much lower (below 2%) than currently assumed.

Jacob Lipp 27 -missing 12/16/2012
5'6" 160
found in river 12/12/2014 (night of drinking separation)

Jimmy Slack, 25 -missing 12/06/2011
5'10" 165
found in river 01/23/2012 (night of drinking separation)

Paul Kochu, 22 -missing 12/16/2014
6'01" 180
found in river 03/20/2015 (night of drinking and emotional/separation)

Ron Yancoskie, 35 -missing 05/27/2015 (day drinking after a baseball game)
5'11"
found next day railroad tracks station square, blunt force trauma and bruising to trunk but ruled accident.

I'm not saying these all couldn't just be terrible accidents while drunk but something says don't leave anyone alone drunk in the city of Pittsburgh.

I have not said PPD dropped the ball myself, but I do think the camera situation is still not fixed and something should be done. A lot of questions on this case could have possibly been answered. They were to be fixed September 2016. Other cameras belonging to other businesses should now learn to make sure they are in working order and not delete over footage just in case. (Just hopeful thinking)

On the co-worker that was with DJ that night I have read, not only did she not remember much she also just moved here from out of state. Can you imagine just moving here and going out on night with a co-worker and this happening? Plus you know if she put her face out there she would more than likely get death threats.

Also, in my honest opinion any bar not cooperating with this case or didn't want to should be held accountable and called out. People shouldn't give them any business if there was such a place or places. IMHO

In addition, Ron Yancoskie was married with a child. Injuries were caused from fall from platform above train tracks waiting for T to go home.

In the long presser they say he texted a friend that they were walking to *advertiser censored*. So they do have info on his texts?

I think it is safe to say that there is quite a confusion in Pittsburgh over suicide deaths, accidental deaths, and homicides when a body is left to decompose in the river. Maybe we need an expert in that field here. Maybe more studies need to be done to tell the difference in those deaths. Maybe it just can't be done as Mother Nature claims it's own and decomposition in a river sets in. I don't know the answers.

It would help though if the camera's were working...

Sigh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob Lipp 27 -missing 12/16/2012
5'6" 160
found in river 12/12/2014 (night of drinking separation)

Jimmy Slack, 25 -missing 12/06/2011
5'10" 165
found in river 01/23/2012 (night of drinking separation)

Paul Kochu, 22 -missing 12/16/2014
6'01" 180
found in river 03/20/2015 (night of drinking and emotional/separation)

Ron Yancoskie, 35 -missing 05/27/2015 (day drinking after a baseball game)
5'11"
found next day railroad tracks station square, blunt force trauma and bruising to trunk but ruled accident.

I'm not saying these all couldn't just be terrible accidents while drunk but something says don't leave anyone alone drunk in the city of Pittsburgh.

I have not said PPD dropped the ball myself, but I do think the camera situation is still not fixed and something should be done. A lot of questions on this case could have possibly been answered. They were to be fixed September 2016. Other cameras belonging to other businesses should now learn to make sure they are in working order and not delete over footage just in case. (Just hopeful thinking)

On the co-worker that was with DJ that night I have read, not only did she not remember much she also just moved here from out of state. Can you imagine just moving here and going out on night with a co-worker and this happening? Plus you know if she put her face out there she would more than likely get death threats.

Also, in my honest opinion any bar not cooperating with this case or didn't want to should be held accountable and called out. People shouldn't give them any business if there was such a place or places. IMHO

Regarding LE:

IMO , forensics, in case like these, have concluded that time is of the essence.

When I looked back, and linked on last thread I discovered that by Feb 8 media was reporting that LE was reporting 3 things in the timeline. Bar hopping.

Mom takes to FB several weeks later. Then they do the long presser.

in the long presser (opppsss) per their detailed account of actions they had ,taken they did not start looking at any video for five days.

Five days?

I find that duration problematic . Start checking video in the area. moo

Does anyone think that if a senators child went missing it would take LE 5 days before even beginning to look at video?

In a missing person case , I would think, video would the go to place to locate someone.

moo

The conclusion of the dry drowning link last thread

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15577518

CONCLUSIONS:

The actual incidence of death of persons found in water who have normal lungs or do not have penetration of liquid into their airways, based on our study, is much lower (below 2%) than currently assumed.

Which seems to fit the current stats of missing / found in river / no-water-in-lungs cases: so far, only JL's case fits the NWIL element out of the few cases that have been sighted throughout the thread.

On first thread, people were very much pushing the "he was peeing in the river while drunk, fell in and drowned/froze to death" narrative. Just wanted to say that I spoke to my boyfriend and another gay friend -- none of us would ever be caught peeing in a river while drunk. Not trying to shoot down any theories with anecdotal evidence from my personal life or trying to say a drunk gay man would behave differently than a drunk straight man, but the theory seems so dependent on something I've never seen or done (and I've frequented NYC all my life). As soon as I was discussing the case with my boyfriend and my friend, the first thing my boyfriend said was "no gay man is going to pee in the river!" with agreement from my friend. Anecdotal but thought I would just throw it out there :sothere::sothere::sothere:.

Ha maybe there is a gay link here ! smile.

, I too don't think that all these men are shopping for places, while buzzed. to whiz.

, imoJust not how drunk dudes deal with having to urinate when buzzed.

I also found the zipper stuff a really interesting angle.

Unzip/action/zip - taken care of 37 seconds!!

It just does not make sense that in all of these accidents, trying to locate "place" to piss, that everyones zippers seem to have some abilty to zip up over time in the water??

On the hand, if in these incidents there was a statement that says overt examination of the body indicates that the victim appears to have stopped to urinate - issue solved.

One would also think this angle would be more if we were talking about having sex prior to whatever happened resulting in them being found deceased in a body of water in areas that were already searched several times?

Speculation follows:

LE might have obtained video from Sixth Street Bridge cameras, but due to Port Authority / DHS reasons would never reveal the fields-of-view of those cameras; why else would LE have been so sure DJ was in the river? After LE performed the usual "missing person" land-based canvasing and searches throughout downtown and the North, LE shifted focus (after video was obtained) to mainly the river(s). Just what such a video would reveal would be up for debate since we do not know FsOV.

The main point: LE seemed 'confident' DJ was in the river (based on their actions, not on their words).

On what they did they base their 'confidence'?

Which seems to fit the current stats of missing / found in river / no-water-in-lungs cases: so far, only JL's case fits the NWIL element out of the few cases that have been sighted throughout the thread.

That is not how tho , in JL case it was stated. It was stated he had been dead before being placed in the river??

That does have to involve another person

Should we extrapolate from this theory that all gay men behave the same?

I do not think too many folks are making correlations with sexual orientation (I was being funny ) as it relates to male behaviors related to being drunk and needing to urinate.

Its a part "apparatus" thing as opposed to who wants what part where in their lives !!!

Thats funny

Regarding LE:

IMO , forensics, in case like these, have concluded that time is of the essence.

When I looked back, and linked on last thread I discovered that by Feb 8 media was reporting that LE was reporting 3 things in the timeline. Bar hopping.

Mom takes to FB several weeks later. Then they do the long presser.

in the long presser (opppsss) per their detailed account of actions they had ,taken they did not start looking at any video for five days.

Five days?

I find that duration problematic . Start checking video in the area. moo

Does anyone think that if a senators child went missing it would take LE 5 days before even beginning to look at video?

In a missing person case , I would think, video would the go to place to locate someone.

moo
I completely agree with you. That should be one of the first things they should be looking at city surveillance and requesting camera footage from store owners and non-city owned cameras. Instead I believe they have to prove this adult is really missing and didn't just take off on their own before that begins. It's a flaw in the system when it comes to that in a way. Those first few days are crucial and we all know that. If it was a someone under 18 or a family member within the system I would believe they would do things different.

This is a large reason this case was so interesting to me. I put myself in DJ's shoes on many levels and I read what his mother would say and I could also put myself in her shoes. I have been in downtown Pittsburgh since I was younger than him drinking my face off at times and walking alone at all hours wasted. I'm lucky when I look back at times. Can you imagine that being your child and feeling powerless? I just hope they get the answers they deserve now.

Ron didn't fall from the T platform if that is what you're saying. He allegedly fell around 400 ft.

In addition, Ron Yancoskie was married with a child. Injuries were caused from fall from platform above train tracks waiting for T to go home.

Edited to add allegedly. The family still has some unanswered questions.

I don't think it's a Serial Killer though

Think about what kind of satisfaction a serial killer would get- there is no real suffering to watch, no cutting and staying with the body, no trophies to keep. Just a disappearing body into water, maybe a few splashes, then puff-gone. No news coverage really to speak of and savor. I've never heard of that being the m.o. for a serial killer, but there's always a first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a lot of these I think we are talking about homophobia. Hold on hold on!!

Not all were known to be gay. This might be killers . They are going by how they look.

Homophobes do have some general notions (often wrong) that groomed males with groomed hair are fa##its.

Its the similarity of the look of many of them that haunt me - not orientation.

WIth female killers there often patterns as to how each vistim looks similar to the last.

I dont really think serial killer .

I have this sense of homophobic men, hanging on Grindr (who might be in possession of confused sexuality themselves) seeing all this folks that are obviously quite adjusted to their orientation, and it enrages the,

Grindr is perfect . These cases have gotten publicity. So its almost like a pretty good way to kill a "perceived " gay man is to use this MO.

Watch someone get kicked out - Grindr tracks em so the homophobe engages them via the app and the rest is history?

moo

That is not how tho , in JL case it was stated. It was stated he had been dead before being placed in the river??

That does have to involve another person

Not necessarily. You must have forgotten this linked I post (you already reviewed it):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ittsburgh-25-Jan-2017&p=13211436#post13211436

IMO, the ME assumed death preceded entry in to the river due to them finding no water in the lungs but according to the government study (at the link) regarding dry-drownings, spasms can occur that prevent water from entering the lungs due to cold water shock. JL was not necessarily deceased when he entered the water. Even the ME was reluctant to back his/her conclusion "100%", which is what I base my opinion on the ME "assumed death preceded entry".

It is hard for me to believe he passed through Katz Plaza to Charles Place / Barkers Place (absolutely perfect secluded spots to pee if you have to) to then go down the stairs on the opposite side of the bridge to the river's edge to pee there instead.

This is interesting too even though it's an old article from 2006
(quote)
She and fellow student Jessica Clave wondered whether Welzien and Leadley's deaths fit a pattern. So they looked at more than twenty cases, all midwest college students last seen drinking at parties or bars, who all vanished and turned up drowned. Among them: Ryan Getz, Keith Noble, Eric Blair, Chris Jenkins, Michael Noll, Josh Guimond, Chad Sharon, Jared Dion, Scot Radel and Brian Shaffer.

The deaths, all clustered along Interstate 94 from Minnesota to Ohio.
http://marksuppelsa.typepad.com/closerlook/2006/05/missing_drowned.html

I did not realize about interstate 94!

newusmap2-1.jpg

map.png

I have thought what if he met up with someone under the bridge by the river for a hook up (secluded, chilly, somewhat romantic, and outside) and decided he wasn't interested and that person wasn't what he expected. Politely said no thanks now and get pushed into water? Clothes weighing you down, water freezing, intoxicated, struggling to get back up making you panic and exhausted. Just because you rejected someone you thought was a good idea before you actually met them. It could happen.

People keep bringing up "all the young men" or the "gay men" who have disappeared and have been found in the river. Can someone please list facts and actual cases? I am not seeing the connection. I know someone listed some but, I think most of them can be dismissed as not related to any of the others. For Example Andre Grey was shot then put in the river. I have said it before I think they end up in the river because the rivers are there.

When people are saying the police dropped the ball or missed opportunities. Explain what you mean? What didn't they do that should have been done? I am not being snarky I really want to know.

Also just because we do not understand or cannot imagine why someone would go down to the rivers edge to go to the bathroom or for any other reason does not mean HE wouldn't or didn't. Just because we cannot understand or fathom it doesn't mean that he was murdered. I am not saying he wasn't . I am not honestly sure what I think happened to DJ. I only hope that his parents find some answers and are able to move forward in some way.

I think it is much more about an astounding number of similarities between many of them, that IMO ought to result in the FBI taking a . look.

The I-94 is more that interesting , common 18 wheeler that is a raging homophobe.

Next time he is in town he does the dump.

smile
body build
educated
employed
with friends
alcohol
invested family systems
time passage until body surfaces
cell phone oddities
typically in cold
region
often accomplished in another arena (ie sports/music)
well liked
have social skills

If ya go back thro em ALL of em pretty much (pretty much) have many of these.

And IMO , cant stress enough - looks are what an ignorant homophobic would think gay me "look" like--take what we thing their orientation is and throw it out.

A raging homophobic on the hunt and sees the folks walking on the other side of the street:

getz.0.jpg

smileyfacekiler_fullsize_story1.jpg

Dailey.jpg

jonathan-dailey-1200x675.jpg

http://www.wtae.com/article/more-tests-needed-to-find-cause-of-death-of-dakota-james/9105786

bbm

The Allegheny County medical examiner's office said the cause and manner of death "are undetermined and will remain so pending toxicology."
The office said in a statement that "There is no time frame for when that work will be completed, but it is not expected to be quickly."

Could the condition of the body have precluded the ME from declaring a definitive COD? We do not yet know if this is a WIL or NWIL situation but it is interesting that "toxicology" seems to be a pivotal factor for the ME in determining both COD and MOD. Also interesting is no report of an estimation as to how long the body may have been in water.

Which ever the case, it is good to see the ME is being careful, perhaps extra meticulous since it could be considered a "high profile" case. They are determined to 'get it right' for the family.

I completely agree with you. That should be one of the first things they should be looking at city surveillance and requesting camera footage from store owners and non-city owned cameras. Instead I believe they have to prove this adult is really missing and didn't just take off on their own before that begins. It's a flaw in the system when it comes to that in a way. Those first few days are crucial and we all know that. If it was a someone under 18 or a family member within the system I would believe they would do things different.

This is a large reason this case was so interesting to me. I put myself in DJ's shoes on many levels and I read what his mother would say and I could also put myself in her shoes. I have been in downtown Pittsburgh since I was younger than him drinking my face off at times and walking alone at all hours wasted. I'm lucky when I look back at times. Can you imagine that being your child and feeling powerless? I just hope they get the answers they deserve now.

That has really changed a lot imo, (the having to wait ) . I just can't help shaking the feeling that is was just a gay dude (kinda like they do with AA, ladies of the night , the poor)

I think the cops whole world went upside down when mom went to the media and the media went with it

When is the last time we saw a mayor doing anything other than standard govt person :

OPFB- Official Protocol For Beurocrats

Elected officials - Please note that the following protocol shall not be deviated from without special authorization .

Step one: offer condolences- offer more of same. Offer a few more depending on the situation.

Step two: Spend an inordinate amount of time praising cops, fireman, paramedics, dispatch, trauma teams, (all of which were doing what they were paid to do)

Step three: Promise that all resources will be provided from today forward to the end of the time.

Step Four: Claim that your superiors are aware , briefed, involved bla bla . This is mandatory even if it is a flat out lie.

Step 4A: Turn the podium over to an individual that knows something about crime investigation.You are prohibited from doing so without regurgitating what an awesome, amazing, stunning and brilliant job the person you are introducing has done.

Sep 4 Despite the fact that you involved with a tragic event - do not leave the podium after your introduction without shaking their hand, smiling broadly and placing yourself in the most ideal location for a photo to be taken.

Step Five : Totally against our constitution -- (separation of church and state) start carrying on about offering prayers, and praying and praying while encouraging others to pray and pray and pray, then assure everyone you, in fact, are praying and praying and will continue to pray and pray .

Step Six: The person that taxpayers are paying for , whose sole function at pressers, is to stand there, and at random decide "This will be the last question" . Why we need a civil servant to do that has never made sense to me ! What a waste of our buck .

Step 7 : Go dine on the taxpayers buck !

***** Pls note that the above-mentioned steps will only be repeated in the following instances:

a) If the participants have $

b) If the media gives the story legs

c) If photo opportunities are too good to pass up on

d) If the pressers occur in the building you in.

e) Any other activity that occurs in which you can exploit the situation for your own political gain (your discretion).

**Any deviation from the above might result in your not be reelected.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solomonkenny
Back